Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

is there an Idiot's Guide to Chemist anywhere? the google doc in the OP just basically says "it's busted, gg", links a mix chart, and mentions a few unobvious useful mixes. something like a page that lists boss status weaknesses and where/how to get reagents would be helpful.

Most reagents are buyable, except for Turtle Shells (drop from turtles, look east of Karnak or south of Moore), Dragon Fangs (drop from dragons, farm in Drakenvale) and Dark Matters (honestly these aren't that useful, the ones from chests should last you the whole game).

imo the most important mixes to remember for general use are:
Potion + Phoenix Down is a full-hp resurrect
Turtle Shell + Maiden's Kiss is the Chemist's best offense
Dragon Fang + Potion raises level by 20

Here's a boss status weakness chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Poque posted:

Ah dang. I thought there was some big boss strat that abused the glitch.

The bug with !slap is that it doesn't actually do anything (the Matrix version makes it actually work). You might be thinking of Beastmaster's !Calm, which is supposed to inflict stop on beast-type enemies (and this is how it works on SNES and Matrix), but in the GBA version instead inflicts stop on non-beast-type enemies. Omega is vulnerable to stop and isn't a beast, so on GBA you can stunlock it.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I should post which toxxes I did before the fiesta ends huh

oldskool posted:

:toxx: $15 each for the first ten people to show me Level 15/20 wipes in the Library of the Ancients.

bit late but oh well

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:
In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

This was probably met but here's another CHAOS for the pile

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Edit: $23.20/100 claimed, amount is quadrupled to $0.40 per Lenna until cap is hit

3 poisoned Lennas

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

1 dead Lenna

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Man with Hat posted:

I've never beaten FF6, how bad of an idea would this be?

This ruleset is less "Four Job Fiesta" and more "Freelancer-Only Run".
"Each character gets exactly one esper they can use" is a much better Fiesta equivalent for FF6 imo.