Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Finally, the stars align and I am released from the LP subforum lurking to lurk here

*kicks the evidence that I've already escaped the forum for SaGa talk under the bed*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm gonna post this every year until it makes it into the fanart section and you can't stop me.

I guess I'll dump my crimes that haven't been fully documented in the thread too.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, I see we've reached the point of the year where the stopped clock is right.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Donating before the fiesta starts adds berserkers to the pool right?

Yes,

The real question is though is the conversion rate. It used to be fixed rate per zerker, but a couple times RK hosed with the numbers because too many people donated towards it and zerker risk became a cerzerkency for at least one per risker.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Some of my submissions

(ancient repurposed fanart for loon's quickfest years ago)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So I finally came up with an idea for a :toxx:

I want new people to suffer for whenever I decide to make "art"

So I want you guys to encourage someone to play. Heck, even just get them to pre-register so that I can water the tree first.

1 buck per player who shows me a clean player page with 0's all the way down. Let's say a limit of 50. (e: 6/12 *squints at like 5 or however many pledged in the last week and the handful who said "this is my first fiesta in girl dick energy's lp" Fuckit, close enough)

First :toxx: pledge satisfied.

But wait, there's more!

10 bucks per new player who clears NED. Limit $250 (they don't need to be in the original 50, just someone who has a clear player page but a star on their 2021 run.)

e: Not limiting this to SA, so if you know anyone who just does twitter or whatever I'll honor them there as well. https://twitter.com/feyerbrandx/status/1399183494874648582

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 13, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Oh no a dollar on a technicality!

I'm thinking of how to deal with a triple crown incentive too, but I'll cross that big bridge later.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I got 10 people new to festivities so I put in my first donation set.

If anyone else joins in *eyes vikingofrock* I'll do them in batches of 10, or when the run starts.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

So there is a blank option on the run list this year -- anyone know what it is yet?

Its #blame(everhate)

Guaranteed Quadzerk, no need to try and roll chaos or rely on berserker risk to throw 4 at you.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Its been a long time but berzerker risk of random I think would do it too.

But also a year or two ago RK put his finger on the scales and hosed with the exchange rate since he wanted it to be berzerker risk, not bercertinty. (I think that year if it was still 10bux perzerker it was a guaranteed 2+ per player).

e: I think it was 2018 where he screwed with the numbers, since 2017 I had 3 with pure chaos.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 5, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I see the thread has been pinned now, hooray for not having to sometimes go back a couple pages to find if there were any updates over night :toot:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

You don't use bookmarks?

nah, sometimes I will type the thread name in the address bar if I'm feeling saucy but otherwise just *look at games forum, see if thread updated, go away*

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

pretty sure you can repreregister and it overrides your previous one until The Run Occurs.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

Beating every single boss with Goblin Punch actually sounds like a fun challenge. You'd probably need a Chemist to make it feasible though.

Feasible yes but dragondarch is not that thing. He has bard to level up and can just bop them to stop leveling and blue can old or halve level so it's perfectly... It can be done.

So he'll try it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

not really. the best indicator you can have is casting mighty march, then while hero's song levels you up you'll start seeing the regen ticks getting bigger and bigger.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rosalie_A posted:

Everyone would adore the Anthology version of it weren't for the load times.

And the dummy targets on NED. I'd love for someone to patch the PSX enemy names into GBA.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FYI for new players, within the first like, 4 hours after fest starts Greg is gonna be timed out for sending all job tweets out. Better to just go to the site to see what jobs you have (or just push the button there on your page rather than #water/fire/earth at him

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

*counts like, 6 new players and a handful of others maybe in girl dick energy's thread*

close enough

First :toxx: closed, now you new players need to WIN.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Aerdan posted:

Congratulations for volunteering!

Just be sure to Save As when you're done so that you can use e.g. LunarIPS to make a patch. I'll even integrate it in to Exdeath.

Speaking of which, Exdeath 0.7.2 is out.

Final Fantasy V: Definitive Edition

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:
In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

sadly siren refused to poison Lenna and had Galuf and Galuf alone on her poo poo list.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

#2 for me.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Heres the first time I've done this in forever.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Koobes posted:

If Bahamut counts as a boss.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Only got rid of 6 because I didn't feel like going through the trench.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

First fest of the season done.

Didn't have to grind much post game since I had to grind early on to survive quadzerker liquid flame and wanted to do single white mage trizerker for byblos and sandworm.

And Sol Cannon just because I needed just a bit more cash for a second angel ring to negate having to juggle healing old and attacking.

After a nice little mini grind to level 30 for W2 Exdeath to L3 flare his face in a few times and then no grinding again ever, thanks to shell keeping everyone alive.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

Hey..... I heard this is not a damaging class at the start before the good thief stuff is available.

Yeah you'll be using a lot of potions through garula. Definitely make sure you steal mithril knives from the y burns and get the elf mantle from the walz castle basement (provided you're on GBA, if not... well you'll have !flee by then, definitely make use of it).

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

There weren't even enough berserkers to guarantee someone GOT one this year.

As for Red Mage, at least you'll have a very solid, safe progression through W1. Hopefully your other jobs fill in the gap as it falls off in use early W2, but it'll have utility against locking down Atomos and Wend- I mean Stoker.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Koobes posted:

Run 2 Free Space.

Sadly Siren had Bortz on her shitlist and refused to clasp Lenna again.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Is... Is Krile confused? Has Matrix even hosed up the one silver lining of berserkers being immune to confuse?

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair that largely sums up Loon's fiesta content. :allears:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 19, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Equip Ribbon means you get a good headpiece with a good (but not complete) list of status immunites and a good boost to stats to offset the fragility of dancer.

Right now unless you get a good fourth job you must grind to survive NED, Red Mage and Dancer have horrible HP growth and either you need a means to shell your party or heal beyond dual casting raise (which wouldn't work when Red falls) or a means of immediately killing the Almagest spewing target. Dancer with a Rainbow Dress and fully powered chicken knife at around level 35 will come near doing the damage cap every sword dance, so if you're forced to grind it WILL.

If you have to grind you're looking at fighting at NED in the mid 40s.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/hopeandjoy9/status/1406428947961745410

First completed Fiesta ever. :toot: Is it the new meds? Is it the lack of active depression? Is it the fact I got myself locked out of my FF14 account like a moron today?

...Yeah, it's the later.

FeyerbrandX posted:

So I finally came up with an idea for a :toxx:

*snip obsolete poo poo*

10 bucks per new player who clears NED. Limit $250 (they don't need to be in the original 50, just someone who has a clear player page but a star on their 2021 run.)

Just reposting this if anyone else is finishing their first fest since I haven't seen anything in awhile and this is the first post that mentions explicitly "first completed fiesta ever"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Shoehead posted:

This red dragon in the barrier tower is giving me hell. But at the very least if I get out if here I'll be farther in this game than I've ever gotten!

girl dick energy posted:

Fun tip: Red Dragons are Undead (and thus injured by Cura(ga) and Hi-Potions, and they’re also vulnerable to ice, earth, Old, Slow, and Stop.

The only thing is that they also have innate reflect.

As for the red dragon, I'd say just either skip it, you absolutely do NOT need a blood sword and you can survive with a gold hairpin from a later location.

Or you run from the chest and retry for the 2 yellow dragon fight.

In fact I would go beyond just suggesting and say you should do this.

get your beastmaster to catch one, and if you've got someone else who learned it do it too. Yellow Dragons can be deathclawed which will give you a free catch of them. They'll be your best friend for the last W2 fight.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

redreader posted:

Ok I picked up a second Berserker at the earth shrine, so, lol, I have Red mage / Dancer / Berserker / Berserker.

I'll keep the 2 berserkers because that's #bersekerrisk which I opted for. Is Ninja / Black mage a good match for 2 Berserkers? What do I do about healing?

Ninja and Black Mage stand on their own. Berserkers with !Black6 will dominate with the Gaia Hammer and Rune Axe. Ninja would also love !Black6 and Black Mage would use !Throw.

To heal, you'd need to grind cash for flame rings and self target with fira(ga) Or just murder everything before they get a chance to hurt you.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Huh, I stand mistaken, I swear that I've tried to cast on them and get destroyed by it.

e: also forgot you don't NEED to spam lightning 4 times to end the last fight in W2. You have blue mage that's enough.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 20, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Run 2 in the books as a triple crown for Blue/Summoner/Beastmaster/Goon.

Run 1 and 2 were relatively quick affairs with being able to opt out of a lot of grinding because of access to shell.

Run 3 will not. I'll have Berzerker who will carry the team for health, Geo which won't be far behind. But Thief and Dancer will need grinding.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Koobes posted:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wonder what the lowest level average is with which someone beat the game under the FJF ruleset. I know derra (RIP) had a toxx for beating the bonus bosses with a combined party level of less than 100, but I'm sure people have gone a lot lower than that.

https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-V-Advance-(by-Dr-Pepper)/

Yeah a little lower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a couple of Toxxes this year for the people who are interested!

I'll be donating $2 for every boss that's defeated with the power of !Gaia. Just for the hell of it, i'll make it $6 every time someone beats Omniscient with Gaia as well. Screenshot/Gif of the boss getting destroyed is all the proof I'll need.
Toxx cap: $100

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

This was a twofer, !gaia windslash (after having a bitch of a time keeping everyone balanced and eating a meteor/comet angry flexdeath) and obviously the corpse of zerky. No gif since I wasn't TRYING to do these but you can see Faris's ATB at the lowest and what else was I going to do with a geomancer in the void?