Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Done, spellblade makes short work of it as long as you get lucky with the counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

nrook posted:

:toxx:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

https://imgur.com/a/T7SvktF
8 weapons, 80 cents.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

forgot to grab ramuh on world 1 so he was the last summon i got

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

al-majisti died anyway thanks to break blade

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

KataraniSword posted:

And since the only ways of boosting HP are level or kind of crappy passives

and chemist! :science:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

everyone else was too scared to try hard mode so i had to do it myself

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hadn't realized we were supposed to be journaling our quad job adventure.
In that case, guess I'll start from the top

Not sure what job to quad for the challenge, I decided to leave myself at the mercy of Greg and job fair to whatever the first job I got on a Pure Chaos run.
After having it taken away from me in my earlier Chaos No750 Forbidden run, I got Samurai for my first, and therefore only, job.

Will have more later.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

It's :toxx: time, but I'm going to do something different this year. Everyone loves quadzerks, but how about quad geomancers or quad red mages? I'll throw in $10 per regular job that someone does a quad run of, and $20 for Freelancer/Mime/Gladiator/Oracle/Cannoneer. Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse.

e: No balance patches or randomizers, please. The point of this is to have the vanilla experience.

Quad samurai wasn't too bad; most bosses went down to a barrage of loose change, including NED.
If you're a crazy person like me, you can grind out !Iainuki on World 1 without gaining XP. The northwest ocean has 2x Corbett as a rare encounter, which gives 3 ABP, 0 XP, and 2000 gil. At level 9, you do 2850 damage with !Zenigane, just enough to one-shot them, and it costs you 900 gil to do so, so it ends up being cash positive. Just be sure you want to get 600+ ABP 3 points at a time before you do so.
Hardest boss was probably W2 Exdeath, you don't really have any tricks to deal with his offense, and you're relying on katana crits/dancing dagger sword dances to do good damage, so it can be a slog if you get unlucky like I did and get a combined 3 sword dances/crits during the entire battle. Doing it at level 18 probably didn't help, either.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. I think reflect ring would possibly be good though. And any advice on the Behemoth Kings, apart from 'assassin knife on the ninja and 2x death axe on the berserkers'? They're the entire reason I turned back and decided to do more grinding.

you have a ninja, just run away using !Smoke

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Almagest is magic, so neither defending nor Golem will work, and it also can't be reflected. However, you do have one shot of Shell from the Wonder Wand, which will halve Alamgest's damage (until it gets dispelled).

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Red Metal posted:

Thanks to everyone who participated, especially Doom Goon for completing it five times.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Breaking rods also always gives single-target damage, even when hitting multiple enemies. So yeah, rod breaking has gotten a huge buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Doom Goon posted:

Ghidra doesn't L4 Quarter on death.

Fister Roboto posted:

It did for me when I got it earlier today.

yeah, it also used L4 Quarter for me. did you use death claw on ghidra? because that also paralyzes, which prevents react scripts from triggering, so ghidra won't use it unless you wait for it to wear off