Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wonder what the lowest level average is with which someone beat the game under the FJF ruleset. I know derra (RIP) had a toxx for beating the bonus bosses with a combined party level of less than 100, but I'm sure people have gone a lot lower than that.

I think 16 or 17 is the lowest I did, but I was stubborn and always insisted on Triple Crowning, even on parties that had no right to TC (NIN, SAM x3 ugh).

Alive but have a kid and a FFXIV addiction now. Also nothing to play FFV on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Can a PS5 play FF5?

Also I need that GBA rule set.

But basically there are a lot of power ups you can just nab with minimal effort in W3 that Crystals or W2 Exdeath is legitimately the hardest boss in the game for many parties. Classes that can wreck them (Beastmaster, for example) can Triple Crown in the mid to high teens without too much trouble.

derra fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 26, 2021

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Think 90 or so?

KataraniSword posted:

Does PS5 have the old PS Classics line in the shop? If so, PSX FF5 is, I believe, in that series.

Pretty sure only the PS3 / PSP / Vita can play PS1 Classics.

derra fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 26, 2021

derra
Dec 29, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Black Mage is pretty much categorically a worse Summoner, yes. Granted, being worse than one of the top five jobs in the game isn't very damning, but when you've got them side by side it really shows. Technically Black Magic is more MP efficient on single targets, but a black mage bouncing Thundaga off of a wall ring to hit Omega is about even in DPS to just throwing around Ramuhs with the Hermes Sandals auto-haste, and everything else melts easier than that.

You'll use the -aga spells for all of three dungeons (Moore, Meatfort, and the Pyramid/Melusine) and then Syldra shows up to vomit death on everything. Literally everything. I don't think there's a boss after that point that is immune to or absorbs wind except ol' Megs.

I disagree. It's close and it comes down to Sleep vs Golem, which have pros and cons, but in general I prefer Black.

Why are you even killing things that give XP to begin with?

derra
Dec 29, 2012

pyromance posted:

If you're fighting omega, you're gonna want 2 chars running bolt3 blade so you wouldn't really want to go with axes on the freelancer.

In general one offensive option is best against Omega IMO. Too many offensive characters and you’re asking to get countered to death.

But yeah Brave Blade no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Vadun posted:

The catch sheet says to grab Sandcrawlers for the Seal Guardians, but is that ideal for parties who can't do multi-target attacks?

If I get "Lucky" and Maelstrom works on all 4 crystals, aren't I just going to get blasted by the crystals?

It’s really party dependent. Some Beast parties I don’t bother grinding multiple captures, some I grind out immediately. A “safe” thing to do is get all the crystals just above their berserk threshold and then release 4 things with strong Fight commands, but that requires a lot of grinding (that you might have done to trivialize MeatDeath anyway). With one capture, you can leave the forest and save right before the fight to rapidly try, and it’s worth tossing out Maelstroms to hopefully eliminate tough crystals.