Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

Having bad gaming opinions is kind of in character for Gilgamesh when you think about it.

In small doses, it's pretty funny if you pretend it's actually Greg making the tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dancer Buttz is one of the best sprites at least.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shoehead posted:

I've never completed a fiesta run in the six attempts I've had since 2014. I dunno what it is about June/July but something nuts happens to me and I have to go deal with that and I never finish ffv, people have died, I stuck a used needle in my hand at work, Quarantine ended prematurely, mad poo poo.

This year I got all my bad news early, I'm ready to go. Imma grind this one out and finally finish a run!

Then I got the :toxx: for you!

I'll donate $5 for every goon that finally finishes a run. Rules are simple: when you finish your run, link me your fiesta profile. If it has a single, unfinished run from last year then that's $5. Then another $5 for each year in a row of single, unfinished runs on up to $20. So if you've been signing up since 2017 but have not finished a single run then that's $20. Max contribution of $100.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Empress Brosephine posted:

What about outside of fiesta rules also

A long list of combos that break open the game. Outside of fiesta rules, it comes down to how to want to do it.

Completely game-ruining combo is probably ranger+mystic knight with a chemist pumping them full of steroids. Oh and a bard for good measure. Others too on that level of power. Just know a few jobs that don't seem good on the surface, like bard, can carry you.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oh I guess my other question is if it's better to mainline a class to mastery then do the next one or to keep the classes all within each other other?

I heard there was also some place with statues that you can grind for AP?e: I'm about eight hours into the game and just unlocked ninja and I beat the chimera and learned aqua bubble or whatever

They're weak to lightning damage and gold needles.

Just explore every castle you come to and you'll find them.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There sure is. Aerdan is working on getting some of the bugs out that I keep accidentally finding.

Y'all doing Enuo's work here. I look forward to chopping down treedeath to see what Ned I get. More so if X Gon give it to ya plays neo x death shows up.

This void poo poo is mine, motherfucker.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

girl dick energy posted:

How do you have four Kriles? :confused:

Dancer Buttz says hi.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Galick posted:

There are three major mods/patches that effect the game noticeably, all available in the Exdeath patcher!

The most basic bitch one is Fiesta mode - this unlocks all jobs, including the advance jobs, from the word go. This is useful and fun to not have to run four freelancers if you're doing a .purechaos run or something and don't unlock your job until the earth crystal!

The next mod is the wormsofcan rebalance - it changes things hugely, involving a lot of scripting and rebalances classes pretty heavily. Here's the post sharing it, and here's the mod itself! The readme goes over it better than I ever could.

Another one is the wormsofcan randomizer, also available in the Exdeath patcher! This, well, randomizes things! Specifically jobs and abilities. It comes in mild and extra spicy versions, the mild changes things on a per job basis so you could have a White Mage who has !Rapidfire as their base ability and gains !Call and Equip Axes among other things as they level. Extra spicy randomizes each job per character - what Butz is as a Knight is not what Krile is as a Knight!

And then there's my rebalance, which mostly aims to buff up underperforming jobs and giving some QOL improvements like making Reflect Rings and Staves of Light a guaranteed drop, and making a (nerfed) Thief Knife available as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula! You can find the current readme for it here! which includes patch notes and version differences!

E: Worth noting that Exdeath also includes things like the sound restoration patch, FFT style portraits for the cast, randomized Neo Exdeath sprites including the classic Cactuar, and multiple xp/abp/and gil multipliers you can apply from 1* to 8*, and innate passives like Learning, Dash, Find Pits, and Light Step!
E2: There's also the custom classes patch by Jeff Ludwig, which I have no personal time with, but by all accounts is amazing - and is also included in the patcher!

Does this let you choose what patches you want? Like if I wanted just random ned sprites and fiesta mod? Do you need to repatch each playthrough or does ned randomly change between attempts/saves?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aerdan posted:

Exdeath 0.7.1 has been released, with a bugfix for the randomizer and updating Waddler Rebalance to v3.3.2.

Unfortunately, you will need to patch for each different NED. I don't begin to have the chops to insert every single NED in to the ROM and pick a new one every run. Sorry!

That's ok! I can handle the wind shrine in exchange for random Ned.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aerdan posted:

Oh. You can copy the save over, no problem. Savestates during the final battle may or may not work (so don't do that), but as long as NED isn't actually loaded…

Oh. Well in that case this patch is even cooler! I look forward to surprise Ned and turning on double XP/AP for those grindy comps.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

wokow6 posted:

Hey all, I signed up for the Fiesta on twitter a few days ago, cause I'd always meant to finally play and finish this game. All previous attempts I had gotten distracted early on, so I want to get all the way through this time.

I signed up for Natural, and am excited to see what I'll get.

When you win, link your fiesta profile. I'm donating $5 for every abandoned first run from previous years.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:toxx:
In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

zzMisc posted:

Did I do this right?

Edit: Jubs been released. Found the right button this time!

Count it!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

subujun posted:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

You did it, friend. You managed the golden sombrero of fiesta runs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mega64 posted:

Close enough. Besides, you're probably way past the toxx limit at this point anyway.

I'm gonna up that up to 50. So people don't miss out on CHAOS killing trees.

Then the rest of y'all don't forget about my other toxx to get you to finally finish a run after all these year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I counted 38 at least. 12 more to $50!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Arzaac posted:

Really "Time Mage" is a bit inaccurate; it's also a space mage, given the teleports/gravity powers/pulling meteors down from the sky.

Time and gravity are interlinked. Could also call it space mage.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

subujun posted:

https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1405991570202038277

Four Berserkers completed, thank you for the wonderful manga Miura you will be sorely missed.

The concept of having to setup and outfit my team before any key battles and then setting them loose is cool, I just wish there wasn't so much HP or level gating due to how uncontrollable they land up. Playing the steam version has some wackiness to it as well (no Rune Axe fun with negative Magic) where they target from right to left (which makes Necrophobe interesting). Though it also means I can setup a hotkey script and literally turn it into an AFK game.

Biggest roadblocks: Liquid Flame, Exdeath (castle), Twintania and NED himself. The worm was front and center for all of my 'zerkers to clobber. Death Sickles stayed relevant the whole game and helped with grinding here and there. I appreciate the suggestions in the thread/discord, they really helped me out!

I'll probably go for another run later this month (750 so no berserkers...).

You're amazing this owns so much.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ultrafilter posted:

It's also not particularly difficult if you play on an emulator.

Hard parts resisting the ingrained video game urge to use a tent/cottage before the upcoming boss.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

redreader posted:

I suppose I feel like there's no reason for me to actually play this. I'm sponsoring a couple of friends and slogging through this with the red mages and a berserker. But no extra money gets donated due to me playing.

So maybe I should donate to get better jobs. Can anyone suggest jobs that are more fun? I'd like to keep the berserker. I had dancer once before and I don't feel like charging up the chicken knife. Can someone recommend a fun combination of jobs that include berserker please?

Ninja and black mage go well with zerky and each other. Really anything that adds mag stat really boosts both ninja and zerky. I like ninja+zerky for DOUBLE DEATH fun before the rune axe.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

Gilgabot sure is being nice to me...

Pre-Reg was #Chaos #BERSERKERRISK, and Gil gave me Dragoon/Berserker/Geomancer/Samurai. Easy win!

I followed that up with #Advance, and got Thief/Ninja/Bard/Cannoneer. Another Easy win!

I just registered for #Chaos, and Gil has given me Dancer/Black Mage/Ranger/Bard.

I'm gonna eat it hard if I do a 4th run, aren't I? :ohdear:

Only one way to find out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

El Generico posted:

If Pure Chaos gives me an Earth job first, do I keep using Freelancer until I get it?

We're not fiesta cops here.

If you do decide to freelancer, remember they have the power of the rod.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Drunk Nerds posted:

We just got to the barrier tower and the difficulty ramp up is ANNOYING
Monk/Time/Ranger/Chem

Have your monk start pounding hero drinks. Random battles will probably go slowish but you'll obliterate bosses through the power of drugs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rolled zerky/monk first so I decided to try the Waddler rebalance. It really makes monk a solid utility job. Monk either spell-fisted or did drugs through most of the game until I got chicken knife+rapid fire. Gave white! to zerky and 2H rune axe was 9999s on all the rift nerds. Monk was still relegated to a beefy mixer on Ned but that's what happens when you roll chemist. I did not bother with the lamp so it was probably harder than I had to make it. Mostly just throwing around res potions and dragon defenses while zerky and ranger did their thing.

Final verdict on Waddler Monk: solid B-tier job you would be happy to have along. Doesn't carry by itself but can force-multiply your team into unstoppable. Will obliterate the W1 roadblock bosses though so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dayvan Cowboy posted:

Yup, forgot about the venom rod. It's completely unsporting, but it definitely works.

Killer robots would certainly exploit bugs or gimmicks to kill you so it's only fair you play by their rules.