Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
EDIT: I don't plan on doing a Sealed Temple toxx. That dungeon is obnoxious even with Time/Mystic/Bard/Cannoneer.

My first run of 2021 will be Random + Fifth Job on RPGE.

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
While I'm waiting for the fiesta to start, I'm doing the Sealed Temple with Time/Mystic/Bard/Cannoneer on my RegAdvance savefile from last year. Time Mage not only lets you damage Archeodemon, but lets you use Teleport to run from battles easily. Cannoneer can wipe random enemies with Combine and EXP Up makes grinding quicker. Bard deals 8x damage to undead and dragons with Apollo's Harp, and can sing you to max strength/level/magic during boss fights. Mystic Knight is the least useful class for the Temple with this team, but still deals lots of damage with Flare Spellblade. So far, Grand Aevis; Archeodemon and Omega Mk.II fell to this team, without using Romeo's Ballad on Omega Mk.II.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
MGBA is a much better emulator than VBA, and is pretty close to cycle-accurate. BizHawk's GBA core uses MGBA, and can make Tool-Assisted Speedruns verifiable on hardware.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Registered for a Random run on Waddler's balance patch.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

I will be doing my first run (Random) on this rebalance.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
I just posted in #ffv-rom-alchemy an updated Fiesta Patch that has ammo drops, so that Combine can be used before all 12 Sealed Weapons are obtained. The drop locations for ammo are the same as in Waddler's patch.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
The teaser had FFI & II look like the PS1 ports, while FFIV is like the GBA version graphically.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Got Monk for my Wind job. Since I'm playing on Waddler's Balance patch, I can't wait to check out how this class is changed.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Arrrithritis posted:

:toxx:
For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

Finished my first run on Waddler's Balance Patch. Monk getting !Spellblade 4 and !White 4 was really useful in places during this run.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Started a RegFF1 run, got 2 White Mages and 2 Knights.

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 21, 2021

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Drunk Nerds posted:

How do I beat the fork tower magic boss (omniscience?) with two time mages and no reflect rings?

Time Mage has Comet, which damages Omniscient without causing him to Reset.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Rosalie_A posted:

Alright thread. It's time to talk about overpowered abilities. You know the ones. They can make or break a run. You get three Thieves and despair and then roll a Samurai and go "lol guess I'm throwing money at everything".

But what if you didn't? There's jobs that have so much to offer that have stuff that never gets appreciated. Maybe it's time to take a new look at some of them, and cast your mind back to when you were young and didn't know about the internet letting you know what was really good or not.

Thus, here's my :toxx:: $1, up to $20, for any instance of the following, with a comment (your choice as to the length) on how you thought it changed the game:

-Samurai without using !Zeninage.
-Chemist without using !Mix.
-Ranger without using !Rapid Fire (the menu command. Hayate Bow is fine).
-Red Mage without using !Dualcast.
-A write-in of your choice where a defining or powerful ability for the job is left unused. I just mention those four above because you're not defaulting to a bad Freelancer if you hold back. I'll accept any good faith effort on this, in case you want to do a Bard without !Sing or something for whatever reason.

These do add up, if you wanted to do multiple in one run, but if you don't want to give up !Dualcast on your one Red Mage in a sea of money-hoarding Samurai I won't judge (but those three Samurai would each count).

Anyway, the intent here is to just appreciate other abilities on offer, with a slight incentive to do so. Having done all of those myself, I think you'll be surprised as what you find when you take the power off the table (hint: Chemist? Still busted).

Chemist without Mix made this run far harder than it should be. The only reason I did the fight at this level was Goliath Tonic. I should mention that I started on Kindle Fire Matrix but gave up on that port at North Mountain. The Matrix version controls so bad that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (NES) plays more competently.

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 13, 2021

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Finished FF1 PSP a few days ago, and just got done with the Arcane Labyrinth and Snow Cave in FF2 PSP.

FF1 PSP had a team of Thief/Black Mage/Red Mage/Fighter. I even did the Earthgift Shrine and Hellfire Chasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Just defeated the Lamia Queen in Just Play FFII Challenge. I'm doing it on PSP.