Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It’s been years since I’ve played FF5, and I bounced off of last year’s fiesta because of work/needing surgery/COVID fuckery. Maybe I’ll try it again this year. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh man, that kicks a lot of rear end. Thank you!!

I think I might do the Fiesta after all this year, then. :getin: I’ve only ever done the fiesta with Thief/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Chemist, so I’m looking for a challenge this time.

I was gonna do RandNo750 last year, and then a kidney stone wrecked me. :negative: Hopefully this year won’t be so bad!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ughhhhhhhhh I really hope Rand-No750 isn’t going to be too bad.

Also I’m considering adding #fifthjob.........👀

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 28, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rand-No750 Fifth represent. :cool:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I hate FF5's Beastmaster costume.

Also, I suggest removing that image for your sanity.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh man, please tell me there’s a comedy patch for the GBA version in this vein.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I love FFV,but I never got terribly deep into it’s mechanics or anything. Is it worth reading up on Fiesta-adjacent material to get a better handle on what I can do, or should I just wing it?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am suuuuuper close to making some sorta overlay for my Fiesta run that hooks into Bizhawk and shows each character's current job. Something like this:

It might be far too much effort for just the Fiesta, but I'm curious. I'm sure Bizhawk lets you write scripts that check in-game memory, it won't be that bad!

The worst part is that I have to break these spritesheets down by hand. :gonk:

don't ask why krile's so small

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kheldarn posted:

Someone's already done that. You'll just have to mirror them if you want them on the left side of your overlay.

It's happening. :getin:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kheldarn posted:

I always do that for every run, because I determine who will be what job based on who has the best sprite for said job.

You do know you can freely swap jobs around, right?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I made this. :v:

<there was a video here but its gone now>

I'm proud of it, though I don't really know why. Takes anywhere from half a second to 1 second to update, but it's neat to see anyway.

Just, not entirely sure what else I want it to do...

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 12, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mega64 posted:

That owns. Great work!

Ty!!!! If you're confused, here's the video I originally linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey0rJsbbZFo

Bizhawk + Electron + some HTTP server fuckery.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 12, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, they’re very obviously the new sprites but pixelated instead.

:confused:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Like my problem isn’t that it’s not pixelated, it’s that the sprites look better in the semi-3/4 view of the SNES version. It’s just weird-looking art and pixelating it doesn’t help, I do not understand why they’re doing this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I wanna do my run but I've been challenging myself to get over my streaming anxiety by always streaming if I can handle it so get in losers, let's find out what Gilgabot hits me with.

https://www.twitch.tv/retrocombine

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Thank you for hanging out on the stream guys!!!!!!!!! +1 to CHAOS!!! and Lenna being poisoned at Siren. :bubblewoop:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So last night, there were a few things that made the run less fun to watch:

• Lots of battles, especially when grinding up Daggers
  • Not having any clue where stuff for Thief was, lots of time spent trying to figure out what enemies had good drops
  • I can foresee AP grinding being tedious as gently caress
  • I just don’t have much to say lmao

A couple of these can be resolved with one of the patch tools out there, so I’ll prolly pick that up cause I’ll die if I have to fight that many battles :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just realized that because I can in theory keep a local copy of my party's current set of jobs, I can make a request to Enkibot to get up-to-date hints on my layout. :getin: