Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Riot Bimbo posted:

be not afraid dickhead, for the toilet merely contains water

Oh man, reading dream interpretation web sites on the meaning of toilets in dreams, particularly broken, dirty ones :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

my bony fealty posted:

yeah its unfortunately pretty bad, there's some neat moments and good recaps of cases and sightings and the cgi is pretty funny but there's so much dumb nonsense mixed in that it's difficult to get through. I don't want to hear about Bob Lazar or mj12 from those weirdos ok

Because Bobby Lasers and MJ12 are dumb or because the documentary is dumb? Sincere question, it's tough knowing what the 'good' bits are.

I've had the doc on while pottering about the house and am onto the Soviet Secrets episode. This is more interesting at least because I haven't heard these stories before. Edit: Operation Suck-Suck!

Whenever I hear about water UFOs, I become sad that the audiobook I was recording fell through. There are loads of water-related UFO sightings and I want to be the one narrating them, drat it!

Chris Pistols has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Jan 25, 2022

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

the dead own, i began as a hater even. open your hearts to anemic noodling, hoarse and incompetent vocals, and ineffable magic

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

global tetrahedron posted:

the dead own, i began as a hater even. open your hearts to anemic noodling, hoarse and incompetent vocals, and ineffable magic heroic doses of LSD

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I think if youre looking for a decent recently made bird doc you ought to watch the Podesta produced one. Can't remember which of em it is, it might be a series and I just watched the first ep, but it has the Ariel school encounter interviews from back then and recent, which is all kinds of cool.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

Because Bobby Lasers and MJ12 are dumb or because the documentary is dumb? Sincere question, it's tough knowing what the 'good' bits are.

both - Lazar and MJ12 are stellar examples of UFO mythology that have been pretty thoroughly debunked as hoaxes and not in the Mick West way, MJ12 was probably disinfo and Lazar's just a grifter/fame seeker.

from what I recall the documentary just presents them forwardly with no mention of e.g. "oh yeah even Stanton Friedman thought Lazar was full of poo poo" or "oh yeah Stanton Friedman was a rube for believing in MJ12, here's some reasons why the documents might be fake." rip Stanton Friedman

it's all fine as just entertainment but it falls into the same ol trough that UFO studies has always rolled in where the legit interesting and stuff is mixed with obvious bullshit, to the detriment of everyone

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Chris Pistols posted:

I've had the doc on while pottering about the house and am onto the Soviet Secrets episode. This is more interesting at least because I haven't heard these stories before. Edit: Operation Suck-Suck!

Whenever I hear about water UFOs, I become sad that the audiobook I was recording fell through. There are loads of water-related UFO sightings and I want to be the one narrating them, drat it!

I want to learn about water related ufos those sound really interesting

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

my bony fealty posted:

both - Lazar and MJ12 are stellar examples of UFO mythology that have been pretty thoroughly debunked as hoaxes and not in the Mick West way, MJ12 was probably disinfo and Lazar's just a grifter/fame seeker.

from what I recall the documentary just presents them forwardly with no mention of e.g. "oh yeah even Stanton Friedman thought Lazar was full of poo poo" or "oh yeah Stanton Friedman was a rube for believing in MJ12, here's some reasons why the documents might be fake." rip Stanton Friedman

it's all fine as just entertainment but it falls into the same ol trough that UFO studies has always rolled in where the legit interesting and stuff is mixed with obvious bullshit, to the detriment of everyone

Yeah, that's the trouble I'm having with it. It puts these cases/people forward with very little context and expects the audience to be wowed by what they're saying. One chap they described as 'returning from stargazing with friends' when he met some blonde lass from Venus. They didn't mention that this guy was already a UFO nut who had been out looking for spaceships in the past.

It's the same with Bigfoot and that: why would I believe the testimony of a person who's deliberately looking for unprovable poo poo?

All that being said, I loved the guy who still has bits in his leg the aliens put there. Let's get THAT on telly, us opening up this boy's leg to see what they put in there.

Edit: this all sounds very negative. Please don't kick me out, I like being here.

Chris Pistols has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Jan 25, 2022

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chris Pistols posted:

Yeah, that's the trouble I'm having with it. It puts these cases/people forward with very little context and expects the audience to be wowed by what they're saying. One chap they described as 'returning from stargazing with friends' when he met some blonde lass from Venus. They didn't mention that this guy was already a UFO nut who had been out looking for spaceships in the past.

It's the same with Bigfoot and that: why would I believe the testimony of a person who's deliberately looking for unprovable poo poo?

All that being said, I loved the guy who still has bits in his leg the aliens put there. Let's get THAT on telly, us opening up this boy's leg to see what they put in there.

Edit: this all sounds very negative. Please don't kick me out, I like being here.

There's nothing wrong with skepticism. People here generally only have a problem with aggressive and hostile skepticism, some of whom are also weirdly aggressive toward Riot Bimbo.

Bob Socko has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Jan 25, 2022

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The vast majority of UFO documentaries suck rear end anyway, theres no reason for anyone involved to be anything but credulous and melodramatic

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

WEH posted:

The vast majority of UFO documentaries suck rear end anyway

mirage men is good. love and saucers and curse of the man that sees ufos are pretty good. berksires ufo episode of the new unsolved mysteries is great. where are all the ufos is maybe the best skeptical treatment. HBO heavens gate series. whispers from space/shades of gray. hellier is a hearty lol and a dash of thunk.

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 17:47 on Jan 25, 2022

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

The Saucer Hovers posted:

mirage men is good. love and saucers and curse of the man that sees ufos are pretty good. the hudson river ufo episode of the new unsolved mysteries is great. where are all the ufos is maybe the best skeptical treatment.

Where can I watch these ones? Ideally UK, but I'm sure I can work it out.

Edit: Love and Saucers will cost me £5, is it entertaining at least?

Another edit: Love and Saucers is the sort of thing I was looking for. 3 mins in and this chap has quite possibly kissed an alien vagina. Magic.

Chris Pistols has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Jan 25, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

mirage men is good. love and saucers and curse of the man that sees ufos are pretty good. berksires ufo episode of the new unsolved mysteries is great. where are all the ufos is maybe the best skeptical treatment. HBO heavens gate series. whispers from space/shades of gray. hellier is a hearty lol and a dash of thunk.

I unironically love Hellier even though I don't think anything actually weird is happening to them.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

I unironically love Hellier even though I don't think anything actually weird is happening to them.

pretty much this. i hate them gently and dearly if that makes sense.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Hellier was weird. My memory is that they kept talking about coincidences but giving them a specific name like 'synchronicities'. Very self indulgent.

Am I the only one who would be more convinced by someone who said "I don't believe in this poo poo, but THIS is what I seen"?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, they imbue a lot of meaning to things that could absolutely just be coincidence, and are very clearly all True Believers who want there to be meaning. Still love it though.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Chris Pistols posted:

Very self indulgent.

careful youre in a room full of white syncretists doing their best to lean and glean some greater reality...casting stones and all

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
I don't know what that means, but I'll shush now to be certain.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Chris Pistols posted:

I don't know what that means, but I'll shush now to be certain.

hahah youre good coach :justpost:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...r-atlantic-city

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wild video, it looks like it's clipping in and out of reality, I choose to believe this is what's happening and not that it's poor quality footage

uap et now mirroring us like in Annihilation when the alien and Natalie Portman do the synchronized movements

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

seeing people lump in aaron rodgers ufo sighting with all his other dumbass beliefs :rant:

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

turns out the only way i can get into a mental state to do remote viewing and oobe is if im cold turkeying benzos and then i can remote view hell, make some deals with various devils and demons and have a dying serial killer take up space in my brain until secret mind agents help free me, who then go on to tell me my dead parents are alive and in secret facility and also aliens with telepathy. so im not going to be stuck in area51 any time soon because being under the influence of unassisted benzo withdrawal is too dangerous and unpredictable

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Buddy go get medical help

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Seriously maybe don't cold turkey benzos get medical attention immediately

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gently caress benzos, seriously.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Riot Bimbo posted:

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

it happened months ago it was a very disturbing experience because i was all by myself and had seizures and even though at the start i was like "its just the withdrawals" by like day 2 I 100% believed I was a telepathic alien and various other things, like i was in an escape room puzzle and did crazy poo poo trying to escape also i did not make the decision to do this, it was forced upon me like torture by those fascist cops who refused to provide me my prescription even though someone dropped them off for me

i wish i had never started taking them in the first place

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A loving cab

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i haven't felt this worried for a goons well-being since the phenazepam thread

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Benzo withdrawal can be fatal, just like alcohol. It's not the sort of thing you can white knuckle. Take a look at medical detox, it may very well save your life.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Riot Bimbo posted:

A loving cab

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

really, im pretty sure i made it through it, though I've read some symptoms can persist for many months. the night sweats are finally gone which was the last super noticeable thing and I can no longer envision entire continents complete with ecosystems and people and societies inside of styrofoam cups. also im with my partner now who's keeping an eye on me and taking care of me and i love them very much. i wouldnt say i white knuckled it so much as i delusionally meandered through it. But yeah I was fully aware that I could die at the beginning and told them as much. can we abolish this garbage justice system yet? no one should have to go through that tbh, prescription meds or otherwise, medical treatment should be provided at the very least.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Riot Bimbo posted:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

pissinthewind posted:

really, im pretty sure i made it through it, though I've read some symptoms can persist for many months. the night sweats are finally gone which was the last super noticeable thing and I can no longer envision entire continents complete with ecosystems and people and societies inside of styrofoam cups. also im with my partner now who's keeping an eye on me and taking care of me and i love them very much. i wouldnt say i white knuckled it so much as i delusionally meandered through it. But yeah I was fully aware that I could die at the beginning and told them as much. can we abolish this garbage justice system yet? no one should have to go through that tbh, prescription meds or otherwise, medical treatment should be provided at the very least.

For real, even if you think you're over the worst, you should see a doctor. That poo poo can do permanent damage during withdrawal.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

These hypotheses are aligned with where my expectation for a UAP explanation will lean (if its not wholecloth black project cover op, which seems strained to me): native and multidimensional. An excellent article.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

native and multidimensional.

Basically all the most recent happenings, as well as the massive pile of historical underwater encounters, all support this. Seems most likely.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

how so

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

a very smol and illiterate brain posted:

you think the thread can't get any worse, it is not even possible, you say, but then one of the witches brings up the grateful dead and here we are, a new low reached

this brings to mind a quote from Diana Pasulka’s American Cosmic:

“I consider belief in the phenomena to be an IQ test,” James explained as he stroked the little dog’s tan fur.
“If a person cannot fathom the possibility, as far as I’m concerned, they haven’t passed the test. They’re not smart enough, and I don’t want to talk to them about this subject area. I consider their minds closed,” he said.

“James” has since been revealed to be Garry Nolan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Azathoth posted:

For real, even if you think you're over the worst, you should see a doctor. That poo poo can do permanent damage during withdrawal.

ok i will do this and see if im permanently hosed from this bullshit