Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Somehow aliens being real will make things worse for people who aren't disgustingly wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Bideo James posted:

we dont even know what lies beyond the heliopause

Seeing the space kids graduate, space retirement, then a space nursing home

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bring a radar and a FLIR for this uap-rear end phenomenon

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Gods_Butthole posted:

I get a lot of plasma bubbles after eating a big bowl of spicy chili :blush:

swamp gas

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

99% sure its crazy brain poo poo but I've weirdly been waiting for this to happen and a lot of recent ufo stuff has odd parallels with some deeply personal experiences and events and environment/circumstance defies a lot of explanations. I have never had a taste for ufo stuff outside of a brief time in the late 90s as a kiddo but idk I've been waiting for disclosure personally or broadly for a while now

same, I used to watch Sightings on the Sci Fi channel and then the dude from that show became the newsman on mah teevee but oddly enough since he stopped doing that i stopped caring about little green men (until recently)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

wouldn't it have been easier to just say the roni was a chinese bioweapon if the MIC wanted to turn up the heat?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

do u think the martian fungius is psychoactive

I think it's probably rocks covered by pebbles that blow around in the limited martian wind.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Also Bob Lazar is a transparent charlatan who realized that he seemed like a stereotypical engineer nerd and decided to run with it. The idea that you could do a Ph.D. in the 70s at MIT and not have people remember you is ridiculous. Did the military erase every photo, or every publication with his name on it. His major professor was just sworn to absolute secrecy?

Bob Lazar thought he saw a UFO in a hangar at a secret military lab, bit it was only the planet Venus.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

PawParole posted:

yeah, if you tortured the average dominos employee dude and stole away his adopted niece and gave his best friend cancer, I don't think they would be off the DM-5.

the fact that redditors think this is a larp because the aliens didn't tell him about the super-secret science makes it even more believable. how many biologists tell sharks they catch about how motors work?

It would have been nice if the poster could actually communicate consistently, like how there are either thousands or millions of inhabited planets but only seven (7) precisely have any religion. Or maybe talk more about the interesting stuff (like the experience with the technology, what they watched the videos on, how they got onto the ship, what the aliens looked like), instead of their own mental health problems (join the club).

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That's what makes it good folklore. It has to be weird and the lines connecting discrete parts of it have to be obscured or leave a lot to the reader's imagination. The part about religion and religious experiences and deja vu somehow being key to understanding the nature of the universe, which is a simulation but isn't because the aliens are certain that's not the right way to describe it even if they can't do a better job, is so weird and unexpected that it's 100% perfect as something that sticks in your mind as you try to resolve it into sense. That's the aesthetic experience of the sublime and I love it.

It definitely doesn't help the cause of understanding what the gently caress these things actually are when people who clearly seem to be having mental health issues, or just straight up making things up, are the heroes carrying the torch. Every time somebody gets attention for saying crazy, unverifiable stuff that makes for intriguing fiction, it's one step backward for taking a scientific approach to the subject. "Oh, I can't remember what the actual name of the aliens is, but here's what it translates to" yeah okay.

If these UAPs or UFOs or whatever are actually aliens like they seem to be, I want to know. I think people deserve to know. Maybe there's some fun to be had along the way but intentionally providing bad data, or poo poo data, upsets me :(

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I thought I saw a UFO once but it was just the planet Venus

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lol i wanna see diane feinstein try to talk to the aliens about what life was like when she was a little girl

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I think 95% of abduction stories are probably just sleep paralysis experienced by somebody who doesn't know what it is and can't explain it. Just like 95% of UFO sightings are just the planet Venus.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Can I choose to pay my taxes to the aliens instead of the government since the government is weak as gently caress?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

where's this darn report

Space dog ate it, and there was a death in the galactic family.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Pack it in, militarailures

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

"Somebody is violating our airspace with impunity and has been for decades so we completely ignored it" wow ok cool

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm not a fighter pilot but I do know if you lock on a friendly plane your plane will tell you that you are loving up big-time.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Sushi The Kid posted:

Anyone else remember that thread in GBS way back when like 10+ years ago, where the OP was posting as a alien. Fun thread.

Yo I remember that well, it was Mr. Boone from fuckin Ulanth dude...haven't been able to find the original thread via the "tools" available on SA but if somebody can get a link I would love to read that again.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Very credible sources are telling me the report will drop tomorrow. Read this post every day until it does.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

where the gently caress is the new content, corbell? release some more lovely videos let's go

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Horrorosaurus posted:

Alright fine since this is exactly what's wrong with the discussion: where does the US government say UFOs are real? I assume we are talking space alien UFOs here. Where did this come from? Let's not talk old presidents on talk shows, let's talk official sources.

Edit:gently caress it, why not. Quote Obama saying UFOs are real. Word to word and give the source. I'm engaging because this is ridiculous enough.
Quoth Obungler:

"What is true, and I'm actually being serious here, is that there are, there's footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don't know exactly what they are. We can't explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know, I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is."

He said that in May on James Cordon's show go watch it on fuckin yootoob

Nobody said it's aliens yet but they say it's not us and it probably isn't Russia or China all the time. Whether you want to believe the DoD is another issue but they are saying this for some reason.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Russia and China have been violating US airspace with impunity for 70 years, disabling nukes and generally causing all kinds of havoc with tech 100 to 1000 years more advanced than the US, and anybody who reported it was drummed out of the military and forced to go on History Channel shows talking about how Skinny Bob built the pyramids to pay the mortgage.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So goddamned bored.
Where's the news

Hoarded by government officials, like every other good thing

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Can you imagine if the military saw these things all the time and never applied the tried-and-true trick of overwhelming violence against one?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

humans are an ancient spacefaring race, and humanity on earth is an experiment to see how hosed up and stupid we are

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

beam me the gently caress up, scotty.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Google Butt posted:

if the aliens said hey anyone that wants to come to our home planet can but we wont tell you anything about it and you can't come back would you

That's how you end up in the fourth stimpire my dude

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

They came in peace

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lets give the aliens covid and have them take it back to their home planet

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

First question: have any attempts been made to communicate with these phenomena. Second question: is the data stored on CDs or tapes.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

"We don't know what they are and we don't give a poo poo either."

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

They might as well have not released that report. Six months for nine pages. No data, no evidence. SAD!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

the government is even more pathetic than i realized

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

listening to the Podcast UFO ep with Elizondo and the host gently asks "could you be a disinformation agent?" and Lue gets extremely defensive (including about the idea that US intelligence would ever employ disinfo against American citizens) and likens asking that question to "a form of racism"

lmao whatever dude show us and tell us what you really know or gently caress off

he signed an NDA, just like Mike Bloomberg's secretary

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Bullfrog posted:

re: demons, there are tons of trad caths on twitter who swarm the mentions of any ufo news to try and convince people that they're demons

So you're saying Biden won't be declassifying the demon files?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

you think that video displays evidence of a UFO showing physics breaking flight?

e: i dont expect the true beleivers to change their minds but if you're on the fence its worth a watch, its 60 seconds long and remember this is one of the most compelling peices of video evidence they claim to have

Lue Elizondo has said the three videos that have been released are the "least compelling" so we'll see if there's more soon hopefully.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

UFOs are actually just airborne clutter, sometimes including disks 15-20m in diameter, bell shaped objects or brightly lit orbs. We have filed these under a catch-all "other" category with the birds and plastic bags.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

i finished xcom2 today for the first time. thanks uaps for inspiring me to finish it

so did i...commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Rah! posted:

he says hes gonna release something tomorrow

its birds, hes gonna release birds

they came in peace.