Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
my friend took a pretty sweet ufo video last year, just a little flashing thing traveling super slow middle of the day

some goon said he saw one in central park? on a field trip with like 30 other people which is pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zisky posted:

X-files is pretty sweet so far

it only gets better. it goes real strong through season 6, fades out with some decent moments , a nd then even the revival has two phenomenal episodes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Here's a ufo sighting my friend sent me last year. It's probably a drone but I'm surprised it was that bright during the day

https://youtu.be/TBMM9yyq7GE

I actually submitted it to that nuforc site and it doesn't list it as starlink or whatever that I assumed it was

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 04:47 on May 21, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
now loving harry reid has an oped in NYT about all this. i do not understand the press push

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Rah! posted:

what if intestinal parasites are aliens :tinfoil:

Ibs is caused by the gouald

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Understanding thermal dynamics isn't impressive in this context. Quantum physics is more important. Obviously aliens have solved the unified field theory, and are able to manipulate gravity and mass. They don't have high heat output because they require very little energy. With the flip of a switch, a multi ton craft now weighs only a few pounds. The forces involved in turning and stopping are also greatly reduced, because the object has no mass.

Like, who gives a poo poo about mechanical engineering and thermal dynamics? You're relying on expertise in a field that has nothing to do with this.

Look I just watched part of Stargate SG 1 season 1 and the high tech humans clearly say that quantum physics is a misconception

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did that lady show her boobs in the pilot on your copy?

I'm just watching on Netflix out of laziness so I don't think so, but I watched the pilot ages ago and stopped until watching EPs 3-18 this past week and a half (then my ancient CPU overheated so I had to stop until I get some thermal paste)

My cpu is a ufo since it doesn't have understandable thermal properties

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

let's not attack the interdimensional time travelers thank you

theyre from canada, they're gonna get whats coming to them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Justin Tyme posted:

What if instead of encasing the entire craft in a warp bubble you just blew a propellant stream through a very small warp bubble, then what if you accidentally dropped a rock into your test setup and you shoot earth point blank with a pebble going 20x the speed of light

That's just what happened in jackass 3d with the plane exhaust except with a rock instead of flour and vegetables and a football

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why is science fiction so horny? It's always full of like dominatrix gear and people getting naked, and saucer men always want to gently caress Earth people. Lord of the Rings isn't horny. Westerns weren't horny. I don't get it.

lotr is an extreme outlier

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Probabkly just one of those moon birds
or moon... plasma.. spheres

gently caress what is that

a tiny bug crawling around on the telescope lens

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
we dont need infrastructure when we get anti grav ships

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what page has all those cool ocean uap reports from a few centuries ago

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Crow Zone posted:

well I guess I'm just looking at it from the perspective of "we're not going to put any stock into sightings until we have sensor data to back it up."

What changed, sensor wise, in 2004?

it was the first time the data wasnt erased

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
OFFWORLD ACTIVATION
*sirens blare*
Is anyone due back??
No sir.
Close the iris!!
Sir it isn't closing!!
*Dialing completes*

A penguin steps through

Colonel O'Neill: well I guess they always said the early bird gets the worm..hole

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
USA #1 loving up the aliens who were just gonna show up at the Superbowl

Surprise bitch

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Im cackling

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Which xfiles should I watch tonight

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Justin Tyme posted:

No matter what happens ultimately its funny that we got a trial run for first contact and the reaction was "shoot anything and everything" like the bad universe star trek

U-S-A U-S-A

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Venus was at its peak brilliance last night. You probably thought you saw something up in the sky other than Venus, but I assure you, it was Venus.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That AWACS is circling over my friends house in Petoskey and I've been texting him all day to go outside and look for UFOs and he won't!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/RepJackBergman/status/1624868047780515841

They just love using weird language

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i like how the kc-135 and e-3 are the most tracked planes in the world on flightradar. 30k people just looking at their paths and thinking real hard

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
has the USA ever shot down anything over the continental usa before

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good thing we waited for the lake Huron one to cross that border then

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Aliens. I knew it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what does that mean

did it fall

was it a controlled descent?!

why is everything phrased in the worst way

Sadly it means the sidewinder shrapnel put a few holes in the balloon and it sank down after that

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

time travelers would not technically be aliens

I've always enjoyed this because if future humans jumped back in time they'd be in a different spot in space and need a spaceship to come to earth now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

the bubble of radio waves from earth dissipate into non detectable strength around Jupiter or something.

Why do they dissipate? Not strong enough to overcome the tiny tiny materials in the near vacuum?

Other questions: who is this Ross guy

And wheres the statement about the original recovery in Alaska / Yukon
Edit ah I see the cnn clip

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mdemone posted:

luminosity in any part of the EM spectrum spreads out isotropically across a spherical surface

if you are farther away you will get fewer photons and there are only so many to spare

edit: this is called flux, did any of you take physics

In the 20th century, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

he should address why he's lying about it not being aliens