Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Filthy Hans posted:

there's some guy on youtube whose videos occasionally get posted in the forums and he's tried to show how all of the recent video releases that are mentioned in the OP are visual artifacts arising from known limitations and errors in modern military and avionic systems

If you watch the video a couple of pilots specifically say they made visual contact as well.

It's interesting that it seems like the contacts only started happening after sensor upgrades, whether or not it just means the tech is seeing ghosts.

Please note that I have always thought of alien encounters as a combination of night terrors and the logical progression of 19th century people that thought they were seeing fairies.

Also lmao if Marco Rubio is the one that finds the aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

IF (that's a big if) the government knows more about this than they're letting on, the current media strategy sure does seem like the ideal way to slow roll an announcement.

But then again if there are aliens and pmurt knew there's no chance in hell it would have stayed secret.

In summation, aliens don't exist until they do, and humans should stop clenching their assholes about it because it makes the probing way more unpleasant for everyone involved.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

watch the aliens be Zionists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Gods_Butthole posted:

The Zimbabwe encounter is definitely up there in terms of incidents that really make you wonder.

I don't know how I never knew about that but uhhhhhh

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I want star trek aliens. I know some folks want Independence Day aliens because they can't handle the thought of not being America to the whole universe

I suspect if we get any aliens though it's gonna be the roadside picnic sort that don't even care that we're here

they're just studying cloud formations or some poo poo on the way to a cooler species' planet

I think the odds of getting the Ferengi are better than the odds of getting the Vulcans.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

It's pretty wild that the media is actually entertaining this idea. On CNN right now they're interviewing a guy that wrote a book about John Mack.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

It's weird right?
Why is this all of the sudden acceptable popular news again after having been relegated to the fringe for half a century

I'm at least glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

And I've never been an x-files or want to believe type. But anyone that understands how media strategies work would be at least a little bit sketched.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I like that theory because it presumes people actually need to be distracted from climate change. Half this country thinks climate change is a conspiracy and the other half is content to let Democrats and their corporate backers dictate the response.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Aliens or China or swamp gas it's not hard to spot a coordinated media campaign.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Maximo Roboto posted:

what if UFOs are the manifestation of mankind's collective unconsciousness and the powers that be need to remind people about them ever so often to keep them operational

Mods change my name to Jungian UFO

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40054/adversary-drones-are-spying-on-the-u-s-and-the-pentagon-acts-like-theyre-ufos

Adversary Drones Are Spying On The U.S. And The Pentagon Acts Like They're UFOs
TYLER ROGOWAY

pack it up alie-lures, the adults are back in the room

"Sure look like Chinese drones to me!" says guy on a car blog site.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

If China has that kind of tech I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need to use it to spy on American facilities and carrier groups.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

China perfected the EM drive

That's really the rub of it. If China has a working EM/propulsionless drive there are a lot bigger things to worry about (from the Pentagon's standpoint) than some spy drones, and they sure wouldn't be declassifying anything about it (or publicly encouraging it's pilots to report sightings).

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Look if the folks on r/emdrive can't figure it out I doubt anybody else has.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Also doesn't an em drive theoretically rely on sustained acceleration to achieve high speeds?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

They're here to warn us about the Clathrate Gun, and also because we have strip clubs.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

you're all really harshing the positive alien buzz this thread had going you know

For real can't we just have fun speculating? I'm so loving bored.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Danger posted:

sorry. it always boils down to the white ethnostate committing egregious acts against its own citizens to suppress any kind of progressive movement.

Israelians/Palestaliens

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Danger: I'm a dork and I hate fun

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I think I'm gonna start watching x-files, I've never seen an episode.

All this alien talk is causing a stirring in my loins.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's a Disney property now.

So it's on Disney+?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

a helpful bear posted:

hello is this where i sign up to play 12d hologram checkers with aliens

Yeah come on in, don't mind the riffraff

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PawParole posted:

this is wild. I honestly am starting to believe that there’s something here.

Peeps really be glossing over the technological implications if these are actual vehicles.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Danger posted:

“if these are actually vehicles” pulling a lot of weight there

Okay so assuming it's not a psyop or an anomaly, what then?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

the most interesting acceleration is recorded with the radar, and most of those crazy m/s or m/s^2 values are based on a single object going from low altitude to high altitude but there are lots of easier explanations. if they are artificial radar targets that can be enabled/disabled (say, quickly reconfigure their shape to change the response) several going on/off at the right rate would confuse the operator who would see one object displace a large distance in a short amount of time. lots of more abstract EW approaches too, ofc.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29505/the-navys-secretive-nemesis-electronic-warfare-capability-will-change-naval-combat-forever

suspiciously, none of the (official) videos show that crazy of movement to me

The instance of a pilot being told to divert to specific coordinates and the "object" instantly disappearing and reappearing on an AEGIS radar 60 miles away at the coordinates the pilot was ordered to seems a little crazy. I mean at some point occam's razor comes into play here.

Edit: just to be clear I don't believe, nor do I really want to, we've got enough dumb poo poo going on right now

Zisky has issued a correction as of 03:36 on May 20, 2021

Zisky
May 6, 2003

X-files is pretty sweet so far

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Turns out when you make it okay to talk about UFOs lots and lots of people have personal stories.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1396230247700369412?s=19

Probably of some interest to this thread.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Did that ever get used in an apple commercial? How could it not have

Made Macs cool again in the way Oregon trail in the school computer lab never could.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Independence Day terrified me as a child.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

I pretended to laugh at mars attacks but it secretly gave me nightmares for months

I couldn't even make it all the way through Mars Attacks when my mom took me to see it, she had to take me out of the theater.

I had dreams about it for what felt like forever

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Aliens are only here because they heard about Atlanta strip clubs.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

X-files S1 needs more aliens

Zisky
May 6, 2003

my bony fealty posted:

'Oumaumua was definitely alien in origin im convinced

What's the most recent sighting? Maybe it was picking the tictacs up.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Yeah I get it, I don't hate the non-alien episodes at all. I just also have saucer sized alien blue balls right now.

Watching a couple of episodes at night with the lights off before we go to sleep is starting to make my wife a little paranoid, lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

That story is pretty fun! And they land within a couple miles of my apartment :tinfoil:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

endocriminologist posted:

i wonder if theres a spider that makes you happy

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Based on the relative power difference are you really loving the alien or is it loving you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

That's the thing, right?

You've got the same descriptions over the course of decades from multiple air forces, civilians, types of aircraft, cameras, infrared, flight radar, ground radar, ship radar, visual contact, etc.

Occam's Razor comes into play at some point here imo.