Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

jarofpiss posted:

aliens gave their technology to the chinese and the chinese are now owning us with transmaterial drones. this dump is the government breaking the news to us that they got so owned

i don't think the Chinese/Russians need alien technology to build drones that can mess with American sensors. Both countries are years if not a decade ahead of the US in terms of electronic warfare.

The whole thing just stinks of the US government being embarrassed that they can't effectively control their own airspace and coming up with aliens as an excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

ridiculous

horny is universal

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

blatman posted:

I get sleep paralysis fairly regularly (maybe twice a month) and eventually you just sort of get used to it, like "oh I guess hands are gonna come out of the ceiling and hold me down while the room fills with eyes again tonight, that's not great" but with some practice you can snap out of it, the trick is to get really really angry

if you're in bed with someone you might also consider tapping SOS on them if you can get your fingers to move, i've had that work before too

I usually hallucinated a gray alien standing in the corner of the room back when I had sleep paralysis episodes. It didn't do anything, just stood there and watched.

What a weirdo.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

err posted:

gently caress you all for talking about plasma balls, the only balls I acknowledge are the balls rolling off cliffs

you have to acknowledge pig balls as well, c’mon

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
yeah being able to accelerate to hypersonic speeds is one thing but manouvering and turning on a dime at those speeds is a whole nother ballgame

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
The Skinwalker episodes of Astonishing Legends own, the whole thing is entertaining as gently caress. Ty to whoever recommended them

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Lampsacus posted:

Frigging plasma laser pointer
https://www.wired.com/2007/05/plasma-laser-uf/
Researchers working with high-power laser weapons discovered that they could create a glowing ball of fire in the sky by crossing the beams of two powerful infrared lasers…By moving the laser beams around the sky, the researchers found they could shift the plasma ball back and forth at very high speed…. At night, they demonstrated their skills, flying their glowing creations in formation high above the cold desert.

This is from a 2007 article pointing back to a report/info from the 1980s. And it fits these reports precisely. If I was a gambling man, I would put everything on this being the occurrences.

Wouldn't the infrared laser beam show up as pillars of light on NVGs, though?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

what if SETI was just a Bitcoin mining op over a decade before it's existence was made public

a black mining op that was used to fund a new generation of tictacs by the deep state/atlantean mole people

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

that was entertaining as hell

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

Large numbers of persistent rumors imply that the military has been reverse engineering UFOs, some with recovered materials and others given technology. Every time I read about the NGAD I can't help but think "the sport model?" Perhaps a random clue to "why now?"

I WANT TO
BELIEVE

The NGAD p. clearly has traditional jet engines tho:

https://theaviationist.com/2021/04/12/new-concept-art-of-the-next-generation-air-dominance-ngad-featured-in-air-force-report/

EDIT: the delta shape could account for some black triangle sightings

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

yeah sure, if u believe the hype its gonna have a XA100 :rolleyes:
https://www.aero-mag.com/next-generation-air-dominance-engine-19052021/

it looks like a cool plane even with traditional jet engines :ssh:

oh hell yeah it looks cool as gently caress, about time fighter jets start looking weird as hell. the f-35 and su-57 are both just so boring looking, if you''re going to make a weapon of mass misery atleast make it look cool

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Mecha Gojira posted:

Aliens loving love underground bases. It's where they do all their best work.

dulce ftw

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
blanket the globe with high altitude nuclear detonations and watch them uaps rain to earth :getin:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Wheeee posted:

to the idea that this entire thing is just some stupid poo poo that should be brushed aside since obviously it doesn't matter and is just fairy tales for babbies who didn't become mechanical engineers, i posit the following most boring plausible explanation, of course in my opinion:

America and/or Russia and/or China has, and has had for some time, extremely closely guarded secret technology capable of spoofing or otherwise manipulating radar and other sensors, and the pilot eyewitness reports given thus far are fabricated, exaggerated, or mistaken for any reason.

If this is the case, this sidesteps any questions of physics-challenging movement that would signal implausible technological leaps or non-human intelligence, and instead should raise significant alarm in the context of nuclear weapon warning and tracking systems and the manipulation thereof. Additionally, as noted earlier in the thread, the expected results of the forthcoming UAP report will be a perfect justification for the first step toward increased intelligence surveillance and militarization of space.

You're sort of right:

quote:

NEMESIS is not just some 'paper program.' From publicly available, but obscure documents we've collected, it's clear that, for years, the Navy has been developing and integrating multiple types of unmanned vehicles, shipboard and submarine systems, countermeasures and electronic warfare payloads, and communication technologies to give it the ability to project what is, in essence, phantom fleets of aircraft, ships, and submarines. These realistic-looking false signatures and decoys have the ability to appear seamlessly across disparate and geographically separated enemy sensor systems located both above and below the ocean's surface. As a result, this networked and cooperative electronic warfare concept brings an unprecedented level of guileful fidelity to the fight. It's not just about disrupting the enemy's capabilities or confusing them at a command and control level, but also about making their sensors tell them the same falsehoods across large swathes of the battlespace.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29505/the-navys-secretive-nemesis-electronic-warfare-capability-will-change-naval-combat-forever

Still doesn't explain the visual sightings by pilots tho

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
even if we don't get disclosure its all been worth it to see NDT get repeatedly dunked on

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Wheeee posted:

first contact, the most important moment in human history to this point and forever after, handed by chance to president joe biden and science ambassador neil degrasse tyson, heroes immortalized till the end of time

Could be worse, though. Imagine Trump trying to handle first contact lmao

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Dolphin posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say those are probably birds

cyberbirds with led strip augments

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Tekne posted:

if the bird is too advanced, we might not be able to learn much from it even on a 70 or 100 year timescale

the bird might show us what is possible and what paths to investigate

but we just can't fly like that bird and understand that flight

bird

agreedo, it’s like someone from the 14th century trying to build a working replica of a stealth bomber from a crashed b2

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

forget the NGAD-being-ufo theory, i want to see this fancy new russian gizmo https://checkmate.uacrussia.ru/

it's a low cost single engine fighter jet with some next gen stealth features aimed at countries like argentina, hth

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

The Demilich posted:

I really wish X-Files was still on Netflix. I know they removed it years ago but God dammit I never got to finish the series.

tbh you're not missing much if you haven't seen the later seasons because the show gets really really Bad

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Bought Avi Loeb's book "Extraterrestial" about his hypothesis that Oumuamua was actually an artificial object and not an extremely weird comet, and it's pretty good! That thing was weird as gently caress.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

The interview owns but lol @ this in the description:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Egg Moron posted:

What is the best ufo podcast?

The Saucer Life is chill as hell.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Rah! posted:

i remember reading about a place north of skinwalker ranch, called "Dark Canyon", which according to local myth (or internet bullshit), is a place that skinwalkers live

don't remember where i read it though

here's dark canyon:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5928357,-110.0808263,816m/data=!3m1!1e3

Wikipedia says there's also Anasazi ruins in the canyon :tinfoil:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

Ancestral Puebloan. They have lots of decedents in the area and it turns out asking the people who killed them what their name is wasn't the smartest first move. (Anasazi means "ancient enemy," or possibly "enemy ancestors" in Navajo; the latter perhaps reflecting the fact that peaceful relations were achieved after the initial conflict due to the Dene migration into the area).

e:

https://www.hcn.org/issues/307/15815

e2: i just realized the term as translated as "enemy ancestors" is best characterized as a "humblebrag."

Oh, I didn't know that. I'll use ancestral puebloan in the future!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I have a vague memory of seeing the edge of a large disc sliding behind a cloud one morning before school and once saw a bunch of lights move oddly in the night sky when I was 20. A friend of mine swears he saw a black triangle back when he was 15.

pretty lame sightings all in all, imo

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
how do j/o crystals relate to all this?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

SavageGentleman posted:

Remote viewing seems to have big problems with showing text and numbers (so no way to e.g. get nuke launch codes that way), so people trying to make a buck with it had to find ways around that - like in this experiment where they tried predicting the stock market with RV:

Interestingly, numbers and text are also very unclear (as in they change when ever the dreamer looks away and back again) in lucid dreams as well iirc. Fun coincidence.

Edit: oh lol someone already mentioned it. NEVER MIND.
Edit 2: I think mirrors are similarly broken in dreams too. Light switches and electrical equipment in general also don't work like they're supposed to, making light switches an excellent method of doing a reality check in dreams.

Missionary Positron has issued a correction as of 17:42 on Nov 6, 2021

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Think Less posted:

When I experienced night terrors, this was one of the ways I could tell I was dreaming. Light switches and fan chains not doing anything

It’s bizarre how consistent this is. You’d think that the human mind could simulate things that have been part of the individual’s day to day existence throughout their whole life, but no.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

I tend find details of all sorts loose coherency in dreams once I focus on them. Similarly, when I try to have an intensional (lucid) conversation, the dream will frequently turn into a static image, fade, and I wake up.

Too much awareness seems bad for a ripping time flying around with a light saber

I should really get back into lucid dreaming, the few times I succeeded were rad as hell.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

The Saucer Hovers posted:

grifter or no someone needs to buy him an account based on this drawing alone

I don’t know why but that alien looks like an Aussie surfer bro

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also if this is all a simulation speedrunners are gonna figure out how to noclip it and that'll own

looking forward to olympic irl bunnyhopping

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I really want to try out those gateway tapes but otoh I like not being bothered by orbs and shadow people when I try to sleep

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Just imagine how good this thread will be when the birds give us their posting technology after disclosure

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

that article talks about a vid some russian cosmonaut posted last year that i haven't seen in this thread yet

https://twitter.com/ivan_mks63/status/1296030323806003205?lang=en

That is pretty rad

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Also, the launch went so well that it extended Webb's lifespan considerably :toot:

https://twitter.com/NASAWebb/status/1476194840018890756?t=2WniGNdGLzWtgkviiomiMA&s=19

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I gave the first Gateway tape a go, and while I didn't go flying through the astral plane, it definitely did something. When the countdown near the end finished, my closed eyes started moving rapidly like I was dreaming. I also felt a kind of light anxiety for some reason.

Maybe it was just weird coincidence, but it was pretty interesting nonetheless. Didn't see any odd rooms or anything like that, just random shapes and colors.

I think I'll continue with these, they seem like a fun way to relax if nothing else.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

bitmap posted:

mainlined this whole thread and im having a ball. keep thinking about the wilson memo. hook a guy up with some podcast recs.

The Saucer Life is nice & chill if you're interested in the history of ufology.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Came here to post this. Rad as gently caress!

The photo analysis they provided is pretty dope as well https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWMZ232qgDE6Tru7jwgG-nsqoeQZpIm3/view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

D-Pad posted:

New badspace out.

https://www.badspacecomics.com/post/rivers-end

If you haven't yet I highly recommend reading through the past ones. Laser targeted at this thread with some really cool concepts.

Holy poo poo these are good