Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Vallery looks more like a character straight out of Langrisser than I was expecting.

I got an ending to Growlanser 2 and got maybe a quarter through 3. They are surprisingly deep gamea but I find them hard to replay. Not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I was going to make a joke about Romulus and Remus and suggest "Reme" but No Angeles is damned good.

Also it's interesting to see the Bleak Walker paladins from Pillars of Eternity popping up in this anime land.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I am normally all for the cold but I lived through the recent Texas winter storm that took out all the power and my whole family got hypothermia and it sucked, so I am less enthusiastic about it than before.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Also voting yea. It would be unbearably rude to get a gift and not wear it at least once.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Leona, Hien and Eliza with costume F so all costumes get an update. I think the jacket we have been using is the best outfit, but man I didn't think I'd like costume I as much as I do. Just take all Yuni's dignity.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I low key love games that let you do that. It motivates me to have a "perfect run" and at least one "disaster run." Like the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games, where you can chase off or murder pretty much your entire party at various points.

That's assuming replays are relatively quick. I'm not sure how fast Growlanser IV is compared to II or III, but I remember those games were just too slow for me to keep interested in multiple runs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think Heritage of War does both to the MC? It's been awhile since I played it and while it started out a neat game I was happy when it ended.

Didn't know about this game but I am loving the MC's turtleneck tank top sweater with matching wrist warmers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I meant to say this a while ago, but I thought this game was going to have more time travel in it.

Like, I was hoping for Chrono Trigger levels of time travel.

Anyway, Magnus, Regina, Remus and Lover's Oak. I like Maggie and want to see where that goes.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 15, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I forgot that we'd seen Cargill's eyes before, so seeing them again was... eye-opening.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

JamMasterJim posted:

Frayne for spellcasting, Eliza for melee zipping around and Vallery complimenting

This sounds a lot like what I was thinking, and is probably what I'd do if I was playing.

Melomane Mallet posted:

Magnus because he's Magnus, and Regina and Tricia because we haven't used them yet. :v:

But I like this. Magnus, Regina, Tricia

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Voted for best girl: Magnus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well, Vester wasn't much of a character, so seeing what he ended up actually being is pretty fitting, even if it's not super interesting.

It's one of those times where, like, even a single line could have been humanizing and added some kind of interesting motivation. Like if he were to complain about being alone in the darkness-- "I won't go back to being alone in this pit!" then you understand that he wants to expand and bring other people into the world he inhabits, which would also contextualize why he turns people into puppets. Or even just "I conquered this world! You can't stop being from taking yours, too!"