Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Psycho Knight posted:

I don't recall the exact details of Chris/Alphonse's plotline, but I can say that Chris is definitely more capable than his laid-back attitude would suggest. It's not really a spoiler, because he just joined us as a guest party member, but at the very start of the next update we'll see that his stats are far above our characters' at this stage of the game.

"Lazy womanizer is actually a total badass" is such an overused trope that I just assume that is always the case (as it seems to be here). Especially in Chris's case since when a town got invaded he runs over to help (even if he was too late) and he also just wanders between cities without guards and manages to not get eaten by monsters in the process. From the looks of his stats he's clearly been at it for awhile too. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Psycho Knight posted:

For the first Furlough we will only have enough time in each day to hang out with two party members.

So, which two characters should we focus our time on? Put your choice(s) in bold.

Frayne and Hein.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

For shame.

I'm open to renaming the city if someone can come up with something the thread agrees is better. Your call how to handle that.

Looks like the town should be called TwoAngels now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

One more character--just one more!--and we could have Dos Angeles.

Cant we just get rid of the space and make it one word?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The only Growlanser game I played was one on PS2 where the MC had some sort of McGuffin aura for fighting the main monster enemies (Generations of War?) and breaking the game in that basically involved AOE farming some arena fight for a ton of +atk boosting consumables and I don't recall anything nearly as fun as what this allows for.

I assume if there are any future fights with hard enemies you're suppose to avoid that Crenvanille's just going to turn them into a fine pink mist.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yea on the new costume, replace her current (boring) look.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

She’s a member of a noble family whose country is in a prolonged war and she was sent to the summer home for safety. It wouldn’t take too much for merchants and others to figure out that magic hilter an his countr6 have caused her family to fall on hard times. She’s not local nobility.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Frayne, Eliza, Hien for the party and keep Yuni in costume I because the others are boring.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Anime and JRPGs have the best/worst aging.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I figured Muntzer was going to be 100% dead since it kept showing off his adopted daughter so it's neat to see that you can actually save him and if he doesn't join us as a bonus character then he's a jerk. :colbert:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Muntzer is also over 30 years old? poo poo I'm surprised he has died of natural caused after living to such a ripe old age, to say nothing of Grandfather Time Hien being in his 40s.

Also give Yuni her bear costume again. The angry/sad Bear and Salmon make it better than everything else by a mile.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

Another one is "hero's entire hometown is destroyed to give him a reason to go on his heroic journey instead of staying at home farming dirt".

I think Heritage of War does both to the MC? It's been awhile since I played it and while it started out a neat game I was happy when it ended.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MythosDragon posted:

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE HIS PANTS. I CALL THEM PROTAGONIST PANTS, HE FIGHTS WARS IN THEM, VISIBLE FROM SPACE, BUT LIVES.

Also Melvina is just, the gothiest.
And we have a top hat Chad.
Did I mention the main plot features the grittist Power rangers?

I totally plan to replay 5 on my ps2 when this lp ends and the 6 TL is finished since 6 is a sequel.

I'm kinda curious about trying 6. While I have zero desire to ever replay 5 it wasn't bad it was just a game that felt pretty ok and not like something I'd ever feel the need to replay. Using the arena to farm stat items was nice for blitzing the last stretch of the game, too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Are the arena setups largely the same between games? I think 5 also had the various solo/team fights and creature conquest was how you farmed +stat items since you got something like 1 +str item per gel killed and you could wipe out a dozen or so with the right setup.

:allears:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Psycho Knight posted:

Angels are so powerful because they’re clad in an Astral force field. It nulls most attacks. But we were infused with anti-Astral waves. This lets us neutralize that field.

So is this kind of thing a recurring theme in the series or just coincidence?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MythosDragon posted:

I've been waiting for a while to suggest this.
Now that we know Frayne and Crevanille are in fact half angel, I propose we change No Angeles to TwoAngeles

Also yes, That magnus scene is why I told PK to flirt all game, and one of the line's PK couldnt take would have been my thread title if I wasn't horrified to learn LPs are done 95% manually like 4 years ago lol.

Gods I hope I can get the good lines. I'll straight up replay the entire game and commit to nothing but the correct lines if necessary.

DosAngeles?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Psycho Knight posted:

I think the Angel/Astral force stuff is limited to Growlanser IV. GL4 is supposed to be a self-contained entry in the series (we'll discuss why I say "supposed to be" near the end of the LP). It has some references to older GL titles, but it mostly uses it's own terminology and locations and so forth.

No I meant the "MC just happens to emit an anti-BadGuy aura" since that is exactly what makes you special in Heritage of War, complete with it being the result of someone bioengineering humans as a weapon against said entities.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Psycho Knight posted:

I forgot to set the Furlough vote!

--Furlough Vote 7--

-We get four days this time.
-Vote for up to 6 people.

We can spend time with:

Regina, Vallery, Magnus, Melaine, Remus, and the one to the right of Frayne whose name I'm blanking on atm.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Remus, Meline, Hein and Quartz to Sydney.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Psycho Knight posted:

I think this is the first time we’ve gotten a good look at Diana from the front. Personally, I was surprised to see her wearing a skirt. Up until now, I had imagined her Royal Guard outfit featured pants.

Considering the art for female characters in the game, I'm surprised she's wearing a normal top/coat. Or any top for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Bring Tricia, Magnus, and Hein