Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I bounced hard off of this (PSP version) fairly early because I really couldn't wrap my head about where the game expected me to be level/power-wise and I probably missed something about the combat/equipment systems.

McTimmy posted:

Satoshi Urushihara loves two things and ridiculously huge shoulderpads are one of them.

:emptyquote:

Seraphic Neoman posted:

I can already see the twist with Remus coming from a mile away.

I don't think I even reached a point where the narrative started hinting at Remus' deal, but I also have a fairly detailed speculation about Remus' deal.

Psycho Knight posted:

While I don't know much about German, I have experienced this a lot with Japanese games that try to freehand English. Sometimes all it takes is for you to show the phrase to a native speaker and go "Does this mean what I want it to mean?" I remember that Conception II tried to give some characters English-sounding names and that resulted in one girl literally being named "Fine Glass".
And Feene was a reasonably likeable heroine (by Conception II standards)

Psycho Knight posted:

Also, that's 1 vote for "The Hero" personality.

Let's mix it up a bit. I'm voting for mostly "Hero" with some "snark" thrown in. 66% to 75% hero and 33% to 25% snark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

As I said, I dropped off from this game fairly early. I didn't even unlock the time travel mechanics (which I presume are going to be a thing based on the game's name and the thread's title). I basically know nothing and I'm coming into this thread almost blind.

Having said that, speculation:
That totally was Crevanille's cryogenic pod, wasn't it? The whole facility was keyed on him.

I hope we'll be able to save cool dad and Regina with the assumed time travel.
Oh, and Steve too.

I hope we punch this guy eventually. Because I recall thinking he needed a punch from day 1 in the army.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I had forgotten about the Ruin Children and the familiar.

With the Ruin Children deal there's going to be a lot of chosen ones going around, Dad (:smith: ) probably misunderstood something there. Or possibly Crevanille (and Bryntir because come on) are even more special than standard Ruin Children.
It's nice of the game to confirm the obvious after 5 minutes and say that yes, that thing was a stasis pod and Crevanille was found in one.
(That last one is just an indirect confirmation and maybe Crev and Bryn got time-warped directly to current times instead, see above)

Chuck some stones at random for our familiar, full chaos mode.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can you date the lady angel?
Crevanille can totally date the lady angel can't he?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I assume A-type is short for angel type, which just raises further questions. Is Crevanille half angel? It would explain the blood wings.

Furthermore, Frayne was very confused about the news that angels are going all Ancient Testament around the place. Add it to the :speculation: pile.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:confused: isn't the third image the lady angel again in sprite form

aaand she has black wings in the second image.
Welp.

Add it to the pile.

E: although while dude angel absolutely did the smiting lady angel felt more like an observer to someone else throwing down the salt pillars. Wrong posture and expression for a smiting. I wonder if the wing color has anything to do with this.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 14, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Remus was badass there.

Is there going to be a chance to play wingman to him? While I doubt he needs it, we have to repay the favour somehow.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mr. Evil mcEvilFace :moreevil: doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would not pick the evil choice if given the choice.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think we just met Remus' big/little/twin sister. Although, shouldn't she be a queen if she's the reigning monarch?
Oh well, queens evil and princesses good so it's probably better this way.

I propose Dulkheim Sucks. Wait, too long?

#OurLand

Angel Busters (who you gonna call) for our organization.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Psycho Knight posted:

Both of those are too long, unfortunately. We only have 10 spaces to work with and blank spaces count.

I think it's possible for a Princess to be the ruler of a principality, although I don't have any examples. I know that Monaco has a Prince as a ruler, though.

My actual proposal was the only one bolded.

It doesn't matter because
:vince:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't think that's actually what's happening here, but a little voice in my head is whispering that Alphonse and Christopher are pulling a Gred and Forge here, as in Alphonse is always the responsible one and Christopher the irresponsible one because the twins swap every so often who is who.
(The two are twins right?)

Probably not what's happening but putting it out there just in case.

For some "water may be wet" category speculations, Christopher is playing up his sleaze to be underestimated by people, as shown by the fact that "totally not Princess Alicia and Remus's big sister" Alice trusts him; meanwhile Alice is Princess Alicia and Remus's big sister.

Also the sky is blue during the day and fire is hot.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Psycho Knight posted:

I don't recall the exact details of Chris/Alphonse's plotline, but I can say that Chris is definitely more capable than his laid-back attitude would suggest. It's not really a spoiler, because he just joined us as a guest party member, but at the very start of the next update we'll see that his stats are far above our characters' at this stage of the game.

So he can solo Disgaea's Baal while smooching his girlfriend on the side?
This is anime, guys and gals so laid back they're horizontal start hypercompetent and go up from there.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If you meet a bounty hunter on the road, kill them.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

My read on Chris from my playthrough (which stopped two or three free-ish roam periods from here) was spymaster. It's probably incorrect but speculation is fun.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Time to pull a Remus*.
Hit on the ladies.

*Possibly without the angels coming in to raze everything to the ground.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think that furlough was the last I reached, since I vaguely remember Chris and Al rebelling, and notHitler's mad ramblings about objectives, but not Brynthir. Also I absolutely don't remember whomever Zombie Regina is.

Remus, Eliza, Yuni for next furlough.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I want to say called it but is there anyone that didn't see Alice coming?

E: I hate sniping :fuckthis:

Omobono fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 21, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:catstare:

I don't remember, can we rename Crevanille? Keep him as some variation of Dracula for a couple updates. Or Hellsing.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'd assume that checking her ears is the snarky option and checking her tail is the pervy option.
Also of course she does cat puns. There's practically a law enforcing it.

Guys, guys I think the necromancer that raised zombie Regina might not be a good person. Just an hunch.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

CremePudding posted:

You can tell Muntzer is going to be fine in that CG because his hat is still perfectly glued to his hat horizontally :v:

That kinda sucked any gravitas from the scene, yeah.

Yuni, Sidney, Eliza, Remus.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I love how we're giving Sephinot negative respect, and it's still more respect than he deserves.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Magnus :allears:

By the way, NoAngeles still works. We're allowed one (even if split between two people).

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Horrible thought I have to share: it's zombie dad under the death leader helmet.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ardeem posted:

Vester seems to type he recruits. :pedo:

:allbuttons:

Yup, checks out. Piledrive him into the other side of the planet thanks.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

loving FINALLY.
One down, Ludwig to go. Lumis may live after a wedgie, he's not that bad.

(Should we add Deringer to the list? I don't remember if he pulled anything to us)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Psycho Knight posted:

~~Rant time!~~

I really can't take seriously a villain that unironically declared that all it takes to conquer a continent is having the ambition to conquer the world.

Why stop at the world Ludwig? Have the ambition to conquer the whole multiverse, surely you'll get at least a couple galaxies in the failure?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Welp, game's over, pack it in everyone.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Psycho Knight posted:

Also, there may or may not be a big epic final battle.

By that you mean, Vester may or may not simply commit suicide at the sight of your Crevanille.
Probably not, moron's too arrogant to know when to quit.

E: I can't blame Marquelay for not dismantling the cannon ASAP, they have Hellsing Abdirged Alucard Crevanille on speed dial, who would be dumb enough to incur his wrath? (Vester. Vester's the answer)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

So Vester was a demon and I guess the discount skull knight was a projection of his or something? Or another lesser demon that he could summon back easily after any defeat.