Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MythosDragon posted:

Also you didn't go into detail about this, but the protagonist's personality is measured in some kind of hidden point system, and if you go too far in one direction, ostensibly opposite choices get grayed out. IE be too much of a dick and you can't be nice later, or be too stoic and you can't flirt at all. Though it can be inconsistent.
Clearly this means the intended method for selecting responses is to roll a die and choose randomly. Wouldn't want to get locked out of a choice by being too predictable, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Finally caught up. This naturally means Psycho Knight is gonna do two updates tomorrow for some reason. :v:

I'm very much a cold-weather person myself. Forget even "you can wear more clothes to stay warm", I just don't get as cold as other people, for whatever reason. Which helped back when I worked at a football stadium and would have to stand outside in the cold for six to eight hours. Didn't help so much when I had to stand outside in the heat for six to eight hours.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

vilkacis posted:

I wouldn't put it past this game after what we've seen so far.

...Crevanille's black lipstick makes him look like a j-rocker...
And the hair and outfit definitely reminds me specifically of Nikki from Chrono Cross.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hopefully the game doesn't get :airquote: funny :airquote: with regards to Regina's corporeality.

Voting Frayne, Eliza, and Yuni for Social Link Furlough time. First vote I've been caught up enough on the LP to participate in, even!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

Do we just never tell you guys about our foresight visions? It sure seems that way, and it confuses me. You’d think Crevanille would be relating every one of these to the party.
Reminds me of how oddly cagey modern Persona games are about whether or not the rest of the party knows about the Velvet Room or if they think their leader just occasionally loses his wits and stares into space for a while every so often.

Psycho Knight posted:

Easy on the visuals, Christopher. You’re still talking to the princess.
If your princess is such a delicate flower that she can't handle talk of a bloody nose, why is she in a war room?

Still an update or two behind.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Caught up again! Not in time for the party vote though...

So the clone angels are just mindless "robots"? Is that why Zombie Regina is saying they're incapable of defeating the originals? Lack of sentience is kind of a fatal design flaw. Maybe they thought it would make the artificial angels incapable of rebellion or betrayal, but we can see how that worked out.

Or maybe their Anime Power Levels are just lower. We need more combat data!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MythosDragon posted:

"Literally anyone dies to further the growth of the main character" is common

His brother, his gf, his dad, his other dad that taught him the hadouken, etc.
Another one is "hero's entire hometown is destroyed to give him a reason to go on his heroic journey instead of staying at home farming dirt".

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

There are still four more to obtain. We will have them all, whether they want to join or not. Also whether I want them to join or not, since I know I hate at least 1 of them.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! The only thing that surprises me about Leona is that the thread stuck her in the party, but then didn't vote for her during the Furlough.
Considering the opinions you've expressed so far, I'm pretty sure that means Cynthia and Meline can join the party, presumably after Not-Sephiroth is dead by Crevanille's hand.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Leona, Vallery, Eliza, Hien.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ultrafilter posted:

Since the party was Eliza, Frayne and Remus for a while, let's go with Vallery, Leona, Hien.
:hai:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Magnus, Eliza, Hien, Sidney, and then Leona and Meline because I have to troll somehow. :smug:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ultrafilter posted:

Magnus, Regina, Meline
:bandwagon: You gotta field all your troops at least once, right?

I have a question about the character endings; namely, are they just "who Crevanille ends up with", or is there actual story or character development in them? Because if all the Amber and the Lovers Oak or whatever enables is deciding who Crevanille romances, I honestly don't give a poo poo. But if there's additional content gated behind these character endings, I'm probably going to vote for the Oak because honestly Regina and Maggie are more interesting to me as characters than... uh, what's her name, the assistant lady.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, then just put me down as "I don't care" for the Amber vs Oak vote.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You could just back up your memory stick to your PC. The PSP ain't exactly Fort Knox, even if you don't have it hacked I don't think it has anything like what modern consoles have where it cares about the timestamps on the saves or anything.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Melomane Mallet posted:

Magnus because he's Magnus, and Regina and Tricia because we haven't used them yet. :v:
:yeah:

E: Also, I find it kinda funny that Tricia waits until Ludwig is dead to join. Like, how much fighting does the party expect to be doing at this point? As far as they know it's basically cleanup at this point, and then whatever they need to do to activate the spell nullifier thingamajig. She's basically showing up and going, "Hey guys I'm ready to help fight the bad guys! What, you're saying the war is over? Aw shucks, and I was all ready to totally help out, too!"

I mean, we all know there's gonna be a final dungeon and a fight with a wannabe God or hellspawn or Eldritch abomination or something because a JRPG doesn't just end with a human antagonist any more, but they think their strongest enemy is dead and everything's a downhill battle from this point.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yuni still exists, so I doubt all spell energy is gone. That would kill her, remember? And also probably Crevanille.

Space Kablooey posted:

I almost forgot about Enrique
How could you forget, uh, Darrin?! He's pivotal to the plot!