Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHNp2yADg0

We made it in 72 hours for the 2021 Toronto Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

It got played on the first night of the Tojam minicade, along with some other neat jam games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:chord:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lol this website sucks so much.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sorry you cant take constructive criticism op

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

want some cheese with your whine?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not going to play your lovely game OP since this is literally the first time you've ever posted here and it's just to shill some dumb poo poo. gently caress off.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not going to play your lovely game OP since this is literally the first time you've ever posted here and it's just to shill some dumb poo poo. gently caress off.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You're also an extremely odious person OP so please do not take synthy's post as a suggestion to start regularly posting here to later shill your crap.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Arrhythmia posted:

You're also an extremely odious person OP so please do not take synthy's post as a suggestion to start regularly posting here to later shill your crap.

this

cum xp sp2
Dec 26, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The guy literally went out of his way to download and play your 3 day game, something 99% of people would never have done (I read your thread and didn't care enough to download it, for instance), and this is how you respond

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

cum xp sp2 posted:

The guy literally went out of his way to download and play your 3 day game, something 99% of people would never have done (I read your thread and didn't care enough to download it, for instance), and this is how you respond

and he wrote a paragraph of constructive criticism, no less. he wasn't even flaming!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
gamejam it up your rear end all the way back to the games forum bitch

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I thought I was hardened after a decade of reading Sonic Gets Trolled but the sheer power of ImpZone posters has surpassed my expectations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

OP you made a playable game in 72 hours, which is more than I could ever do. Now learn from trying to jack off’s constructive criticism and make a game we can all be proud of.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this game is a streaming fountain of cowabunga diarrhea dogshit!!!! watching a turd slowly slide down a halfpipe is better than this!! Hateboard 2145? more like poo poo I'M BORED 2145!!!!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

OP you made a playable game in 72 hours, which is more than I could ever do. Now learn from trying to jack off’s constructive criticism and make a game we can all be proud of.

i've made a few in about that time, i recommend it just as a hobby if anyone has some free time and is looking for something to pick up. for part of a "learn to program" using java class, i made a point and click adventure game in that weird baby programming thing, and then i made a fully functioning game of tic tac toe in java. i also read a "learn python" beginners book and made a space invaders clone. i changed the pictures later for an inside joke for some friends. i tried making a longer game in RPGMaker but i never finished it for a couple of reasons.

anyway, OP, not sure what you expected here. all my analogies are from the publishing world, so sorry for the book turn, but the surest way to ensure that nobody was interested in your book was to go to a convention and pitch to agents during times that weren't devoted to pitches, in a crowd of people. it makes everyone feel uncomfortable and people throw away your cards.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lurdiak posted:

We made it in 72 hours for the 2021 Toronto Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

It got played on the first night of the Tojam minicade, along with some other neat jam games.

hey OP don't listen to the trolls. sorry this site can seem like it sucks sometimes, but you know how it goes. it's really impressive what you guys accomplished here. I decided to feature an article about your game on my blog here:

https://bit.ly/3bDo731

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
gently caress you bitch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Frankie is cool but you should have known better than to make your first post in this forum a dumb shill thread. Begone.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

if you want random ppl on the internet to tell you how cool and sexy you are for your epic gamejam student project then there’s literally dozens of websites just for that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Awesome game OP. Can’t wait to see more. There’s a overwatch loot box deal with your name on it if you play your cards right.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

herculon posted:

Lets cleave him in half using iado sword drawing techniques developed by zatoichi the bline swordsman actually

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lurdiak posted:

thought you'd just wander into kakariko village and start slapping cuccos around huh bitch

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

I think it's pretty cool that you made a game in 72 hrs op. Hopefully you and your team learned a lot from the experience and the next one is even better. Thanks for posting

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cubone posted:

thought you'd just wander into kakariko village and start slapping cuccos around huh bitch

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Cubone posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cubone posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sorry but I made a game in 72 minutes OP. It's called Half-Life. Ever heard of it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sorry but I made a game in 72 minutes OP. It's called Half-Life. Ever heard of it?

no ones playing this trash, maybe you should Get-a-Life, jackass

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
You there! Hey! Come here for a second!

KIRYU
(I don't have time for this.)

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Sir! Sir, please stop for a moment! It's important.

KIRYU
Alright. Is somebody hurt? Do you need help?

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding.

KIRYU
Oh. Maybe you're looking for Club Sega?

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
We made it in 72 hours for the 2006 Hotel District Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU
HTML? I'm not sure what this is, but I guess I can spare a few minutes to try your video game.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Well, what did you think?

• Awesome game OP. Can’t wait to see more. There’s a overwatch loot box deal with your name on it if you play your cards right.
  • -> i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button
  • going cleave you in half using iado sword drawing techniques developed by zatoichi the blind swordsman actually

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
This city sucks so much. Come on everyone, let's turn this rear end in a top hat into Toejam!

*DELINQUENTS*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
We made it in 72 hours for the 2006 Hotel District Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU
HTML? I'm not sure what this is, but I guess I can spare a few minutes to try your video game.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

• Awesome game OP. Can’t wait to see more. There’s a overwatch loot box deal with your name on it if you play your cards right.
  • -> i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button
  • going cleave you in half using iado sword drawing techniques developed by zatoichi the blind swordsman actually

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
This city sucks so much. Come on everyone, let's turn this rear end in a top hat into Toejam!

*DELINQUENTS*

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

*DELINQUENTS*

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hateboard 2145 has just been constructively criticized no matter what forum you're on!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

*DELINQUENTS*

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

KIRYU

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER

*DELINQUENTS*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6HgRHGyA0