Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

All of the replies itt are various shades of pathetic but this is by far the funniest one.

You’ve replied in this thread

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lurdiak is walking back to CineD after leaving a link to his game in the Games forum

Hiya, Lurdiak.

Aren't you going to say hello?

Lurdiak shakes his head

Aw what's wrong, don't you want someone to play your game?

Lurdiak: I'm not supposed to leave the grey forums. The Steven Universe avatar said so.

Very wise indeed! But in the Imp Zone, they have real gamers, and goldmined threads, and they always love indie treasures!

Lurdiak: Will they post?

Oh yes. They post. They post, Lurdiak.

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Kongming posted:

Lurdiak is walking back to CineD after leaving a link to his game in the Games forum

Hiya, Lurdiak.

Lurdiak shakes his head

Lurdiak: I'm not supposed to leave the grey forums. The Steven Universe avatar said so.

Very wise indeed! But in the Imp Zone, they have real gamers, and goldmined threads, and they always love indie treasures!

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kongming posted:

Hiya, Lurdiak.

Lurdiak shakes his head

lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

All of the replies itt are various shades of pathetic but this is by far the funniest one.

It's ok to cry

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

lmfa

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
You there! Hey! Come here for a second!

KIRYU
(I don't have time for this.)

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Sir! Sir, please stop for a moment! It's important.

KIRYU
Alright. Is somebody hurt? Do you need help?

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding.

KIRYU
Oh. Maybe you're looking for Club Sega?

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
We made it in 72 hours for the 2006 Hotel District Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

KIRYU
HTML? I'm not sure what this is, but I guess I can spare a few minutes to try your video game.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Well, what did you think?

• Awesome game OP. Can’t wait to see more. There’s a overwatch loot box deal with your name on it if you play your cards right.
  • -> i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button
  • going cleave you in half using iado sword drawing techniques developed by zatoichi the blind swordsman actually

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
This city sucks so much. Come on everyone, let's turn this rear end in a top hat into Toejam!

*DELINQUENTS*

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Get Klowned you stupid gently caress!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ludiark you are the most contemptible poster on these forums that isn't an open sex criminal and trying to steal valor from the Barkley devs when you only wrote lovely dialog only adds to that.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kongming posted:

Hiya, Lurdiak.

Lurdiak shakes his head

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

Get Klowned you stupid gently caress!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

gb2games

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ruffini posted:

Lmfao at everything

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Ludiark you are the most contemptible poster on these forums that isn't an open sex criminal and trying to steal valor from the Barkley devs when you only wrote lovely dialog only adds to that.

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lurdiak posted:

I wasn't trying to be a dick, it was a legitimate reaction to the only reply to a post I made at someone else's suggestion being a bunch of negative comments about a jam game. Yeah dude, we know all that poo poo, we just didn't have time to fix it because the jam ended. Nowhere but SA could someone post a jam game and get someone trying to come in with their hot take about why the game sucks. It's buck wild how much this website is fueled by smugness, negativity and pettiness trying to pretend it's wit. The reaction from my teammates was "Well, it's SA, what did you expect posting there".
the tragic thing is Imp Zone isn't like that at all, but op will never see it because they came in trying to assert their own values and disrespected the neighborhood :baduk:

I made mistakes in my first thread, too, I embedded too many tweets and it was loving with people's browsers, but I was polite and listened and a bunch of imps who had initially been annoyed with me helped get the thread to page 2 so the thread could have a fresh start, because Imp Zone is actually a paradise where posters of all walks can enjoy video games and say funny poo poo without being bothered by weird psychos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eun-iZv9hsU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plutonis posted:

[only know Ludiark from the single post in IZ] Honestly, this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I have been corrected, he didn't wrote dialog, he did voice acting and the trailer video.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think the game looks amazing Op. Post another one here soon

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Ruffini posted:

Lmfao at everything

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
You there! Hey! Come here for a second!

KIRYU
(I don't have time for this.)

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Sir! Sir, please stop for a moment! It's important.

KIRYU
Alright. Is somebody hurt? Do you need help?

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding.

KIRYU
Oh. Maybe you're looking for Club Sega?

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
We made it in 72 hours for the 2006 Hotel District Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

KIRYU
72 hours is fast.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

KIRYU
HTML? I'm not sure what this is, but I guess I can spare a few minutes to try your video game.

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
Well, what did you think?

• Awesome game OP. Can’t wait to see more. There’s a overwatch loot box deal with your name on it if you play your cards right.
  • -> i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button
  • going cleave you in half using iado sword drawing techniques developed by zatoichi the blind swordsman actually

EXUBERANT DEVELOPER
This city sucks so much. Come on everyone, let's turn this rear end in a top hat into Toejam!

*DELINQUENTS*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

Hiya, Lurdiak.

Lurdiak shakes his head

lmfao

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Ruffini posted:

Lmfao at everything

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ruffini posted:

Lmfao at everything

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao goldmine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JOKER: What do you get when you cross a game jamming CineD poster with an Imp Zone that abandons him and treats him like trash?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
what was your job on the team, op?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

When you bring me out... can you introduce me as Klowner?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

what was your job on the team, op?
He sat in voice chat and suggested jokes about killing Make-A-Wish kids while his team members awkwardly nodded and said "hmm, yeah okay"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

He sat in voice chat and suggested jokes about killing Make-A-Wish kids while his team members awkwardly nodded and said "hmm, yeah okay"

lmfao