Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is there any order to collect the keys in or does it not matter?

It shouldn’t matter, I just did them in whatever order I happened to come across them and the game never tried to steer me in any particular direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It doesn't matter, and I think all the bosses are the same level.

I still can't quite get the hang of Demi Fiend and should probably do him on NG+ so I can get some phys repels and the NG+ demons, essences, incenses etc. But I'm stubborn and probably just won't finish the game at all at this rate lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

accidentally put too many insane moves on a Flaemis now he costs 200k to summon, lol gently caress

i guess that's what you want since those guys are just fusion fodder anyway

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

accidentally put too many insane moves on a Flaemis now he costs 200k to summon, lol gently caress

Lmao what all moves did you get on him

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

the music only gets better.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I always re-fused elements when I needed them because the cost was always cheaper to do one high level demon with good moves + low level cheap one than to resummon the element directly

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lmao what all moves did you get on him

I've since gotten the final compendium discount so he only costs 175k now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I could have sprinted through the end of the story tonight but there's other things I want to do first, so I doubt I'll be beating this before 2k22, but I had to listen to my gamer instincts.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this yuzuru guy takes it way too casual I'm a demon now.

Pretty cool how the music only starts when someone attacks so it's all calm if you try to open with negotiate though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you're loving loaded

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can kill a pack of mitamas in 2 moves :D

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can kill a pack of mitamas in 2 moves :D

Impaler's Animus? (Same with your previous post, sir)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are demons going to stop asking for 50% of my money every negotiation any time soon or is that atlus' way of trying to nudge me into getting the money dlc? asking for 400 when a fight gives 47 is rough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

90% of my money came from vending machines, fights don't really pay out at all

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah vending machines "restock" occasionally, idk what the time limit is for it, maybe a moon cycle? You can just run through a zone once and a while and pop all the vending machine and end up with a cool chunk of cash.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The early game is also very tight-fisted, even the vending machines don’t get you much. But it gradually gets easier as you go

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Impaler's Animus? (Same with your previous post, sir)

hella stats and yabusame shot, no need for setup

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Are demons going to stop asking for 50% of my money every negotiation any time soon or is that atlus' way of trying to nudge me into getting the money dlc? asking for 400 when a fight gives 47 is rough.

Just tell them to ask for something else. Demon negotiation in this game is extremely forgiving, I've never had one tell me to gently caress off and they'll happily go from "give 12k macca" to "give me two life stones"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

watching the credits

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Just tell them to ask for something else. Demon negotiation in this game is extremely forgiving, I've never had one tell me to gently caress off and they'll happily go from "give 12k macca" to "give me two life stones"

i did but i asked for somethin else on two things in a row so it felt fair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

watching the credits

really good song

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first abcess mermaid kicked my rear end the first time so I went and got strong to take her on round 2, but then sandman just rng slept her with dream needle...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

smt4a, playing on war, dragging myself underleveled through bosses and clearing them with one guy remaining ftw. the accuracy penalty on hard feels crippling

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

really good song

when the wind chimes kick in... :discourse:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Beat Shiva and did the chaos ending, 3/4. Why the gently caress does chaos give you a random level 40 demon at the end of the game lol

I think I'm going to take a long break before I go back for the secret ending + DLC. I still love the gameplay but all the stupid poo poo in between is rough when you binge it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I made the mistake* of doing the secret ending first and cheesing everything after

I figure I can set up a party to take on demi-fiend over multiple NG+ runs

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao the final smt4a dlc is the most fanservicey poo poo ive ever played and i kind of love it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it's extremely badass

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

it's extremely badass

ya

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k46B-Crmrq8

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the DDS song in this game makes me wanna play them for a 3rd time

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hydra kicking my rear end (good)
When you chop off hydras heads will he always respond by spamming frenzy? I'm on hard so that basically wipes my party. I'm thinking I save my guaranteed critical skill for 40% health then attempt to wipe him out in a turn.

Are debuffs worth it at this point?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

When you chop off hydras heads will he always respond by spamming frenzy? I'm on hard so that basically wipes my party. I'm thinking I save my guaranteed critical skill for 40% health then attempt to wipe him out in a turn.

Yes and yes. I didn't find buffs that useful until you get to the party-wide ones but debuffs on bosses are crucial

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

get up on the hydras back lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yes and yes. I didn't find buffs that useful until you get to the party-wide ones but debuffs on bosses are crucial

basically this

I still use debuffs more than buffs, even the party ones