Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It kinda feels like as a generalisation people making a thread where they just post the vod of their latest multi-hour stream is more no effort than low effort though.

The purpose of having an LP thread is to foster discussion and to some extent an element of interaction, which seems trickier to do when you've got a multi hour video covering a vast chunk of a game and a lot of the discussion has already happened during the stream with the audience anyway.

There are exemptions to this as Iggy says. Their thread utilises thread interaction to build a live show that happens during a stream which is kind of in line with the thread interactivity and effort ethos of LP.

Fundamentally i think the skillset and purpose of an lp vs a stream are different. If the aim is for people to break out of the streaming thread and have individual threads then i think a dedicated (potentially low traffic) subforum of LP is probably the best place.

As futurefriend says the content of the individual threads in a potential streamer sub may be a bit like post my favourites, but given that streams are for a live audience is that necessarily a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In this instance i suspect itd be more cringe than anything because the guy just wants to have LPed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thats what the upcoming streamer subforum is for

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

vtuber subforum lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People trying to rules lawyer the old "dont play do you like horny bunnies 2" rule should be set on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Leal posted:

"Hole"