Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What is the official next paradox game to make fun of for not coming out? East vs West?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

From the reddit thread:

:allears:

Paris Commune challenge

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arbite posted:

When year does EU4 end at the moment? Probably then.

1821 (death of Napoleon) so there’s a 15 year gap.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VostokProgram posted:

It's also just a game mechanic I think. To solve the problem of capitalist ai building stupid poo poo

Wasting capital on stupid poo poo however is extremely realistic.

To a point anyway

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Imagine being Italian and going to the Soviet Union, asking for 15,000 soldiers to create a movie and them saying “sure!”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's easier to set up interesting conflicts right off the bat than to program a game that will have a recognizable world war one style conflict go off correctly eighty years down the line.

The American Wars of independence against Spain are pivotal to the history of the 19th century. There's no good excuse for leaving them out.

Also, starting in 1815 gives a great challenge for people to play as Napoleon.

In short: “March of Eagles II when”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wiz posted:

The game is still under development and a lot of balance isn't in place yet. The current difficulty level of industrializing Korea is not going to be the same as the one on release and trying to figure out what is and isn't OP from a development build is a pretty pointless endeavor.

Its only natural to try and mine the most info out of every tidbit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Quorum posted:

As a compromise, there will be no graphically represented soldiers, but each individual train will be depicted in lovingly rendered detail, based upon volumes of historical research (only :10bux: per National Train Pack)

Wow that’s so much cheaper than the train sims! Thanks Wiz!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wanting fan mods to fix an alpha is pretty insane

It’s Vic3, insanity is part of what makes the fan base.

Lady Radia posted:

i feel really bad for wiz and his team. having the source code of your passion project leaked potentially years away from release has gotta feel like it robs the wind from your sails.

OTOH, the HL2 source being released and that wasn’t that big of a deal? Stupid trivia: Valve and the FBI invited the hacker to Seattle for a “job interview” which was really an attempt to get the hacker from Germany to the US and bypass the extradition process. https://www.wired.com/2008/11/valve-tricked-h/amp

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I haven’t dug into the subreddits too much but mostly people seem pretty positive?

Is there a lot of whining in discords?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

Even the most positive posts about how fun and engaging the game is even in an unbalanced, unpolished state are tainted with the knowledge that this first impression is still a let-down compared to what it ought to have been.

:(

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah as soon as I heard about the leak I though 'oh my god so many nerds are going to be sending them feedback on an incomplete alpha build'. How utterly pointless lmao

Are there any hints how old the code is? It’s probably months behind their main dev branch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ilitarist posted:

I remember those Stellaris streams that gave birth to some memes.

01_WITTY_REPLY