Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Beamed posted:

Should be immortalized on LPArchive too

Actually never appeared on the archives because Paradox hired him before the HoI section started.

I am uncharacteristically excited for Victoria 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
The sepoy rebellion sounds like it's modeled pretty accurately just be having high militancy in Victoria 2? There's no one thing, just the player clicking lots of "piss off the locals" options in colonial events. Then boom all your Indian soldier pops turn to rebels one day and overrun northern India before you ship in troops to manage it.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
What the hell.

"I like HoI4 so I can play a choose your own adventure game, but I hate the wargame aspect."

Focus trees are a fun little add-on that's been abused by the modding community to build their own geopolitical narrative games on top of a different game.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
This had me thinking about Sengoku, which was used to test some design concepts for CK2, and March of the Eagles, which was for EU4(?). I'm curious how a focused, WW1 war game focused on the proposed war system would look like now.

At the very least I expect someone to mod in a WW1 scenario.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
You think it isn't an issue but then famous youtuber KootzPlays tries to start an epic V3 Hanover series and gets his followers to review bomb the game after he helps Prussia annex himself.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Red Bones posted:

Please include the blockchain as a technology that provides zero benefits, wastes resources, and emits pollution.

I haven't paid close enough attention to Victoria 3 tech, but Victoria 2 had inventions that were purely negative like, woo, you discovered terrorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
It's ahistorical because if you were actually the Russian Emperor and tried to abolish serfdom in 1836, you would mysteriously die Joseph II-style.

Reform in a backward, rural absolutist monarchy is supposed to be hard.