Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Bring back the V1 end screen with the cartoons of various leaders.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That seems like. A huge icon to show refrigeration.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I miss the little people. The icons are not doing it for me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Who the hell cares what a data scientist says

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A capitalist sees that chart and immediately sets out to build another glass factory

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Minenfeld! posted:

Even if you disagree with Marx's solutions, you have to admit he described the economic structure of the era remarkably well. They'd be fools not to crib from Marx.

Asiatic mode of production

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Gonna occupy the entire world so we can finally abolish Jobs once and for all

Wow okay bud, FFT was easily the best game of the series sorry it didn't appeal to you but don't ruin it for the rest of us

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Elsass-Lothringen you mean

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can reform the Byzantine Empire in Vicky 2. And it will be a feature in three as well

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't really think you can make an accurate accounting of the Mormon migrations systematically. The whole thing is an absolute trip from beginning to end. You almost have to have it be event driven

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Semi Annual reminder to watch "The battle of Algiers"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just do a WC and you'll be the only great power

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There was a movement, but it wasn't really a particularly popular or realistic one.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I will miss punching way above my weight by bullying the ais terrible ability to fight wars

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wiz don't you dare make Naval Micro heavy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Simon de Montfort being vehemently critical of the attack on Zara, and then going on to ravage most of Southern France is top ten anime betrayals.

Bonus funfact his son Simon de Motfort, the Sixth Earl of Leicester, has a relif set in the chamber of the US House of Representatives.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure they've been saying it's years out from release for awhile

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

An 19th century political game just wouldn't be complete without a political parties various interest groups tearing the party to shreds every couple of years.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If someone made a game where you played a political boss in gilded age America. And had to wrangle regional bosses, patronage, corruption, business leaders, unions, and regional issues to try and take the biggest slice of power. I'd probably never play another game.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

pdxjohan posted:

Its not as if our dev teams sit around and ignore bugs and complaints. There are huge backlogs of reported bugs on all games that has become rather hard to permanently reduce. When developers are on bugfixing, there tend to be one of the following things happening.

- bugs related to features for the next update is highest priority.
- bugs related together that a GD or producer priorities.
- something the developer noticed in the code, or by playing and is a simple 1-line fix, like blocking unloading in combat.
- “low hanging fruit” ie, lots of easy and simple fixes a QA or producer have identified as such, and are handled in focus days.

Destroy the source of old game code like hoi2 or ck1 y? If I say pretty please?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Made the mistake of mobilizing as Russia despite my massive standing army. Forgot to clear the rally point too so four million idiots stood around starving to death in a Polish swamp while the army painstakingly slogged its way through Germany.

Can't believe Paradox would take such fun and rewarding gameplay

Sounds like you were just roleplaying the Czarist Regime correctly

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Inventions being gone is bullshit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Only 100? loving disgusting paradox fix your poo poo. If you don't think the united states' is the rightful lord of every square inch of gods earth than you can get the gently caress out.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just let me rename nations in game so I can fix all the stupid poo poo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

But also make sure you include the historically accurate 'Restore Byzantium' event chain because, as I summarise in the following essay

Well? Post the essay

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wikipedia pie chart effectiveness

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If the land is not free, then my maxim guns shall make it so.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It can be

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Breh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The portion of Mexico the us annexed was barely settled by Mexico.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Really? It used to be pretty common a name for the region.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I gonna make vape to Cairo happen by hook or by crook

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not at all

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The closer this game is to an excel spreadsheet the better

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The leader of the nation does not usually personally direct each and every division themselves.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They say like "bucco de beppo" and poo poo. I've seen some Bond. I'm pretty much an expert

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's because Rome is cool

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How is it a problem

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm downloading this poo poo just to own this loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius