Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Monarch mana replaced with country capacity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

It seems like you could reasonably start the game in 1825, which is about when the independence wars in Spanish America wound down. Did something special happen in 1836 for the sake of the game?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Tuna-Fish posted:

Belgian revolt?

That was 1830, wasn't it? I remember in Vicky the Netherlands could choose not to sign the Treaty of London, but even if you win the war it isn't really worth it to keep Belgium.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Vickynomics slides (10 short points about the in-game economy)
https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/710077/Victoria%203%20-%20Vickynomics.pdf

e: posted above

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Thank God about that last bit, I canít imagine why anyone would want to replicate the experience of hunting down POP stacks in V1 to split all those over 40k population. Pure busywork misery.

V1 also made you promote every pop manually

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Do we know how big markets can get? Would the British Empire all be one market?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Will admit to being pretty pumped for the release of Victoria 3, which is at least a year away. Loving the coverage of the not-implemented systems though

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

One of the Vicky 1 mods (I think) had a mechanic where if you consistently made decisions favoring the slaveholders, New England would secede without a war. Maybe they could develop something like that into a more interesting alternate conflict.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm with Edgelord, there should be some degree of "capitalists/local communes/local government" doing stuff on its own. It seems to me that the new system as described for V3 removes the jagged edges that made that system screw you over more. If there's no slots than it doesnt matter if capitalists build the wrong thing, if you want to use the common fund to build some things specifically you can; but they can also do stuff on their own? That seems reasonable to me.

Especially upgrades; if there's demand for it but the capacity isnt there, absolutely should let them handle clicking the "Expand" button!

By all means the game should have business cycles, speculative bubbles, and a finance sector outside of player control. But in Vicky 2, what we got was capitalists builds a worthless factroy, again and again. If I'm not mistaken, that takes up a factory slot for the state which could be really frustrating.

e: I replied to an old post, this is covered already

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

PerniciousKnid posted:

Not sure what this means but I'm imagining a post game highlight reel with the counties personified as anime high school students.

I think there was something similar if you played to the end of the game, which was 1921 before you added the Revolutions expansion.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1415310115842842629

It looks like more advanced production methods lead to more demand for various commodities, which seems like it'll encourage economic integration. Hope supply isn't all or nothing like in Vicky II though, where factories go offline entirely due to world market shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3dJb4TZNQE

Seems to have some screenshots (mockups) we haven't seen yet along with new details.

All the images capped here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-3-monthly-update-1-july.1483005/

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 15, 2021