Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I am so excited for this game.

quote:

Loyalist POPs (and Radicals) can die off, which causes intergenerational conflict. If you had an era of prosperity that generated a lot of Loyalists, and then they die, the younger generation with worse economic opportunities might suddenly be not so happy and change the loyalty and attitude of your Interest Groups.

They're literally modeling the divide between the Boomers and Millenials currently happening.

This game is going to be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Randarkman posted:

I'm not really a fan of the end date being as late as 1936 to be honest. The world before and after WW1 is just too different and the Victoria games were never good at actually simulating WW1 or its aftermath.

I almost feel like the Great War should be left out of the simulation all together and be a dynamic game over condition, though I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be terribly popular and might be bad at actually incentivising players to build up large standing armies alliance networks.

Eh I don't know. My most memorable Vicky 2 campaign had a very realistic WW1 where the whole world got involved and every country got bled white and at the end no one really felt like they won anything.

I recall losing something like 10 million soldier pops in a single multi-year battle in the Carpathian mountains.