Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Harden deserves a F for leaving the rockets. He's also a thin blue line punisher type of guy.

yeah narrative is strong against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Harden deserves a F for leaving the rockets. He's also a thin blue line punisher type of guy.

isnt that the offensive foul guy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harden is def on track to be mvp next year . he’s at another level than almost everyone else and I don’t think Durant will ever play close to 70% of games in a season again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the nets are interesting to see if they can hold it together and stay healthy for longer than 5 minutes at a time. they could put on a show next year and challenge the old bulls teams as greatest ever

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i liked nba jam

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1395893379871825923?s=21

Dallas trading S. curry for this guy was a major mistake

it worked out well for the sixers tho

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Are you planning on only posting about basketball in cspam

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

The Mavs are the Tesla of the NBA send tweet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euphronius posted:

the nets are interesting to see if they can hold it together and stay healthy for longer than 5 minutes at a time. they could put on a show next year and challenge the old bulls teams as greatest ever

Yeah i'd be curious too, I remember reading articles about how Harden has a huge ego. The nets have easily the best roster this year and it's going to be funny to see if the egos manage to get them a championship ring.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
as a sconnie I didn't pay attention to the bucks much until recently because they were bad, but now Giannis has made them good and I've jumped on the bandwagon. my favorite kind of Giannis play is the 1 dribble from half court dunk. This is one of the finer examples of this move, which he has done a surprising amount of times. also being a johnny come lately to the game has left me open to understanding the gather step while my grandpa and stepdad still cry about traveling all the drat time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGkx_ctXBA

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Has embiid recovered his foot yet? I can't wait until he finally gets on the court for the first time, I feel like it's been years since we drafted him and he's yet to play.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

as a sconnie I didn't pay attention to the bucks much until recently because they were bad, but now Giannis has made them good and I've jumped on the bandwagon. my favorite kind of Giannis play is the 1 dribble from half court dunk. This is one of the finer examples of this move, which he has done a surprising amount of times. also being a johnny come lately to the game has left me open to understanding the gather step while my grandpa and stepdad still cry about traveling all the drat time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGkx_ctXBA

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as funny as it would have been for the bucks if giannis had left because their FO seems fairly incompetent it's good when small market teams keep their superstars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Algund Eenboom posted:

Are you planning on only posting about basketball in cspam

yes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i love my spurs are in the wilderness probably permanently

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m going to have to look at it more closely but it appears an mvp finalist just did not make the playoffs

I don’t know if there has ever been a bigger fraud in the nba

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes it’s as I suspected

the stats obsessed people have held up Stephen Curry as an mvp and he could not even lead his team to the playoffs

there has never been a larger indictment against the modern era of fantasy stats obsession than this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah i'd be curious too, I remember reading articles about how Harden has a huge ego. The nets have easily the best roster this year and it's going to be funny to see if the egos manage to get them a championship ring.

all the best players have huge egos

harden is the only one of the big 3 on the nets who hasn’t won a ring so I’d suspect he will be the most motivated and selfless to make it work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this could be a revolutionary moment to critically reasses all stats and coverage of the nba but I suspect people will just make excuses for Curry

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Euphrensois are you excited for the debut of embiid? It's been a long 7 years but we're finally going to see the process hit the court for the first time!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Euphrensois are you excited for the debut of embiid? It's been a long 7 years but we're finally going to see the process hit the court for the first time!

He is a mystery but I think he will be good.

Not as good as Steph Curry tho lol. (jk)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
'Xers gonna get bounced first round aren't they

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

this could be a revolutionary moment to critically reasses all stats and coverage of the nba but I suspect people will just make excuses for Curry

he basically has no help aside from draymond

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

he basically has no help aside from draymond

everyone agrees draymond is probably a hall of famer. is that not enough? two hall of famers cant make the playoffs?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

'Xers gonna get bounced first round aren't they

The anger of Westbrook may overcome them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Westbrook and Beal made the playoffs. I mean come on. Curry is a fraud. Lmao JA MORANT just made the playoffs (Morant is good)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

here are espns fantasy leaders

you have to question how important fantasy stats are if they don’t actually mean anything

the 4th best fantasy player is an average guard on a lottery team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is not just a problem in basketball by the way

baseball has long been plagued by people addicted to the simulacrum of stats and “analysis” . I was one too once

for example many people are under the mistaken impression that mike trout is one of the most valuable players in baseball !! he is not

older people are addicted to stats and “analytics”. they are stuck in their old conservative ways and unable or unwilling to accept new ways of seeing sports that focuses on actual value in real life. they can’t get off their phones to see who actually wins the games

euphronius fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 22, 2021

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

I love the Nets. Kyrie just not wanting to play basketball sometimes while Steve Nash has to be like "what do you want me to do about it" is so cool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah kyrie does what he wants . you got to respect that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have seen tons of people argue that an umpire in baseball is wrong calling a ball a strike because they have a picture on their phone from a computer that says the ball was not a strike

these people are lost

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What is a catch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

What is a catch

a completed pass

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
when does Tom Brady dominate this sport?

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
i think the players should just shut up and play

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
why can't more players be upstanding men like steve nash, john stockton, kevin love, dirk nowitzki, luka doncic, larry bird, chris mullen, or jj redick?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Change travelling to aussie rules

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
As a Timberwolves fan it's great to be in the 15th year of our 5 year rebuilding plan.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

As a Timberwolves fan it's great to be in the 15th year of our 5 year rebuilding plan.

Anthony Randolph seems like a good rookie

I was worried he didn’t have the heart to ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

everyone agrees draymond is probably a hall of famer. is that not enough? two hall of famers cant make the playoffs?

did you see that last shot attempt by draymond in the grizzlies game? he has zero ability to score anymore and without durant/klay teams key on curry like nobody's business. gsw with curry sitting on the bench was maybe the worst offensive team in the entire nba this year

that said curry is a lousy defender and made some inexcusable turnovers in the grizzlies game

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 22, 2021