Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Gamespot E3 showcase has a bunch of indie games I hadn't seen at all this week, seems pretty neat.

Xalavier Nelson's next game is a Max Payne-ish werewolf noir game "El Paso Elsewhere"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvutozfpXQE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/bleatingheart/status/1404937132284710921?s=20

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Good Sphere posted:

Yeah looks awesome. She just better not be taking orders like she did in Other M, or there's going to be some :toughguy:

Lol considering they did not even mention Other M in that Metroid Dread - Development History video I think we're good. Hopefully ADAM will probably be her AI buddy to help explain things to new players/interact with some machines.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the original Life is Strange True Colors trailer has Alex playing Creep by Radiohead on accoustic guitar

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why the gently caress did they not use True Colors for True Colors!?!?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

lih posted:

other m was a direct prequel to fusion but i think they're just pretending it never happened now lol

demota posted:

I love Nintendo just preemptively going "Adam does not give orders to Samus. He points out opportunities, and Samus can make her own decisions about where she goes and when."

Is he from Other M? Cause I never played it but she keeps talking about this dude in Fusion.

Fusion was such a good game with the “there’s something you can’t hurt yet stalking you” dynamic. I’m glad they’re seemingly using it again.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

man it's kind of a bad look for Sony pricing their exclusives at £70 when you're getting new releases on game pass

Why do you think Microsoft is doing it lol

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Rolo posted:

Is he from Other M? Cause I never played it but she keeps talking about this dude in Fusion.

Fusion was such a good game with the “there’s something you can’t hurt yet stalking you” dynamic. I’m glad they’re seemingly using it again.

In Other M, you don't lose your weapons and suit in a conveniently placed accident, no, your upgrades are just disabled and Samus has to ask Adam for permission to enable those upgrades.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow these E3 awards are a joke

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ymgve posted:

In Other M, you don't lose your weapons and suit in a conveniently placed accident, no, your upgrades are just disabled and Samus has to ask Adam for permission to enable those upgrades.

Oh lame-o. That’s dumb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Anthem E3 videos deserved every one of those awards.

The final game, not so much.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Gamespot E3 showcase has a bunch of indie games I hadn't seen at all this week, seems pretty neat.

Xalavier Nelson's next game is a Max Payne-ish werewolf noir game "El Paso Elsewhere"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvutozfpXQE

This looks neat, thanks for posting.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

Fusion was the first game with Adam, In Other M he is a bigger character that gives you permission before you can use abilities.

Spoiler for Adam: In fusion you find out he is Samus's former CO who's brain was downloaded into a computer and made into an AI after he died. Other M is where he dies saving Samus or something, I vaguely remember that game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And that's a wrap...

(I guess technically Keighley's summer of gaming continues, Annapurna has a show, there's going to be some kind of Sony event, Steam Next fest is happening, etc. etc.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rolo posted:

Oh lame-o. That’s dumb.

It's such a dumb system, IIRC the Varia Suit doesn't get activated until after you ran around the lava area for a good bit and Samus is fighting a giant lava worm.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It might be factually true that Asteroids is the most anticipated game for the Intellivision Amico. But they omitted the "Uhh.... I dunno" part when they replied "Uh... I dunno, Asteroids?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are so many issues with Metroid: Other M beyond its just aggressive destruction of Samus that people who focus in on the story for why Other M sucks are not giving you a complete picture on just how bad it is as a total package.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Sonel posted:

Fusion was the first game with Adam, In Other M he is a bigger character that gives you permission before you can use abilities.

Spoiler for Adam: In fusion you find out he is Samus's former CO who's brain was downloaded into a computer and made into an AI after he died. Other M is where he dies saving Samus or something, I vaguely remember that game.

Oh that’s weird because I’ve played one, super and fusion and felt the whole time like there was a game between I missed. She talks about her CO so much I assumed he was an established character.

Knowing now that the Metroid 2D well has been so dry, I’m glad something new is finally coming out. Fusion was so good for a GBA game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want a sequel to Fusion because Bio-Organic Samus Aran, Queen of the Dead Metroids is a cool plot hook and I would like more of that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

I want a sequel to Fusion because Bio-Organic Samus Aran, Queen of the Dead Metroids is a cool plot hook and I would like more of that

Have I got some good news for you!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

watching the gamespot thing after the fact. I guess Unsighted managed to sneak into e3 right at the end haha. i was ready to write it off. i feel like humble should have maybe shown it in a larger event but that's just me. and a fall date, nice

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
A decent E3 overall. Devolver had an enjoyable presentation and I can't wait to play Demon Throttle. Elden Ring looks promising. So does Back 4 Blood, Salt and Sacrifice, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Age of Empires IV makes me want to build a new PC sooner rather than later. Hopefully Metal Slug Tactics gets a console release down the road. I wish Ubisoft would allow another Child of Light to be made, but the new Mario+Rabbids will be good and Rival Riders looks kinda interesting. Halo: Infinite had a much better showing this year and Battlefield is looking to get back on track with this new one.

And Nintendo had a surprise or two up it's sleeve after all. Not only is Splatoon 3 in development, but Metroid Dread actually looks really good. A new WarioWare and an Advance Wars re-release were icing on the cake.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's never a truly good E3 until we get another Splinter Cell game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have I got some good news for you!

Thats not what Dread is unless you've got some other game I don't know about

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

Thats not what Dread is unless you've got some other game I don't know about

https://metroid.nintendo.com/news/#!/metroid-dread-report-vol--1--a-closer-look-at-the-reveal-trailer

quote:

The X is a terrifyingly lethal parasite that takes over organic creatures, mimicking them afterward based on their genetic information.

It once infected me too. But my life was saved, thanks to a vaccine created from the X's natural enemy: Metroids. Not only that, it made me into the only being capable of fighting this creature that threatens the galaxy. After a deadly battle with the SA-X, a copy of me at my full capabilities, I finally succeeded in wiping out the X, along with the planet SR388.
However...

One day, the Galactic Federation received video footage from an unknown source indicating that the X still lived. The Federation dispatched a special unit consisting of seven E.M.M.I. robots to the remote planet ZDR, believed to be the source of the transmission.

Soon after arriving on ZDR, the whole unit mysteriously vanished.

Does the X truly still exist? And just what is happening on ZDR? It's up to me, the only one immune to the X parasite, to go find out...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Please be good Metroid.

Then give us a Symphony of the Night sequel.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Soon after donating to ZDR, the admin mysteriously vanished.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh poo poo it is dread. Well now!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

Please be good Metroid.

I liked Samus Returns so I imagine I'll like this one

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh man Nintendo conference was cool

New warioware finally

Advance wars looks lovely but I’m glad they remembered it exists. If it has online could be fun

SMT5 is looking great

Metroid - I don’t really love Mercury steam stuff but it looked not too bad?

Botw2… botw2

Also Tekken in smash is most exciting because of the incredible soundtrack choices they’ll have

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Advance wars looks lovely but I’m glad they remembered it exists. If it has online could be fun
There is some form of online play, yes.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The 7th Guest posted:

watching the gamespot thing after the fact. I guess Unsighted managed to sneak into e3 right at the end haha. i was ready to write it off. i feel like humble should have maybe shown it in a larger event but that's just me. and a fall date, nice

Demo out on Steam and Humble’s site

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh man Nintendo conference was cool

New warioware finally

SMT5 is looking great

Metroid - I don’t really love Mercury steam stuff but it looked not too bad?

Botw2… botw2

Also Tekken in smash is most exciting because of the incredible soundtrack choices they’ll have

I wasn't that impressed with Advance Wars aesthetic from the direct, but the Treehouse play session really won me over on the art style.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Rolo posted:

Please be good Metroid.

This...this already exists??? Do you think they stopped making Castlevania games after SotN?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The confusing thing about the Castlevania series is how the newest ones are called "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night" which doesn't even have the word 'Castlevania' in it at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can't wait for the new Bloodstained, gonna be a drat good time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saint Freak posted:

The confusing thing about the Castlevania series is how the newest ones are called "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night" which doesn't even have the word 'Castlevania' in it at all.

It's just switching back to the Japanese naming system, none of which were called Castlevania

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Honestly the only thing I'm buying on switch for the rest of the year is the mario party and even then that's kind of disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pentyne posted:

Wait, I forgot, cutting off a game dev so Gabe Newell can tell people how Steam has a bunch of demos FOR FREE!!! coming up

I mean that was a bit and there was no way they were going to show the 5 minutes of gameplay from Gloomwood but it would've blown everything else out of the water. The weirder one was New Blood had a shorter Fallen Aces trailer but I don't think that was shown just put up on their YouTube.

Barudak posted:

There are so many issues with Metroid: Other M beyond its just aggressive destruction of Samus that people who focus in on the story for why Other M sucks are not giving you a complete picture on just how bad it is as a total package.

Never played Other M but everything I've heard about it makes me wonder how the gently caress it got made.