Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Temp Agency henchman is a hell I didn't need to know existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
looks like the author's going the Tokusatsu route with the extraterrestrials. The psychics are very much like the Dada aliens from the first Ultraman series, and the evolved henchman is straight up a reskinned Baltan from the same show.

This is a rad way to go. I love the blend of cryptids and modern pop culture stuff.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/TatuYukinobu/status/1432547771039420421

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New chapter.

It's a loving combiner.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
When I tell people that this series is Dumb fun I mean it the best way possible. It's so absurd to get The loch ness Godzilla combined with two ultraman monsters, one of which is also getting a pay cut from his genital obsessed overlord. All while three kids strip down in their school now turned a pool so the resident psychic can squirt her friend through her ESP hands :allears: I love it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brought To You By posted:

When I tell people that this series is Dumb fun I mean it the best way possible. It's so absurd to get The loch ness Godzilla combined with two ultraman monsters, one of which is also getting a pay cut from his genital obsessed overlord. All while three kids strip down in their school now turned a pool so the resident psychic can squirt her friend through her ESP hands :allears: I love it.

I just don't even know where to begin when it comes to describing this series, but I love it.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

New chapter.

It's a loving combiner.

good poo poo

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Desumaytah posted:

looks like the author's going the Tokusatsu route with the extraterrestrials. The psychics are very much like the Dada aliens from the first Ultraman series, and the evolved henchman is straight up a reskinned Baltan from the same show.

This is a rad way to go. I love the blend of cryptids and modern pop culture stuff.

I'm digging it and if that is the case then I have one hope for the future Kamen Rider Mothman

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Absolutely wild.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

started reading this on the threads recommendation, and all I can say is goddaaaamn what a gloriously insane ride

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RIP all the artists for doing this weekly because this chapter was absolutely stunning.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What a goddamn great series.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

RIP all the artists for doing this weekly because this chapter was absolutely stunning.

Yeah, kind of genuinely worried that they are working themselves to death but god drat if it isn't gorgeous in the meantime.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009945

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

oh lordy

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Talk about an awkward exit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That's one hell of a first page. RIP their social status

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I love this explanation though

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Nemo2342 posted:

Yeah, I mean I was on board with this manga from the start but that page made me go "Oh hell yes." Out loud.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Thank you hallway. Thank you for your HARDNESS.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

that second page is asking to be photoshopped into the Da Vinci circle man drawing

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

golden bubble posted:

Thank you for your HARDNESS.

thread title

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
"Oh, yeah, Dandadadadaa etc. updates Monday. I'll just read this on lunch break and--"

One long fit of hyena-like cackling later!

This series kicks rear end.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

Imagining martians being repelled by a Sasquatch just tickles my ribs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YOKAI VS ALIENS LET'S loving GO

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just noticed the school nurse is wearing thigh-high dom boots

I love all the crazy little details the author crams in :allears:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I bet the nurse is someone's grandma. Powerful grannies is this series' signiature.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was supposed to be asleep two hours ago but i did just read this whole thing

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009946

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I did not predict that we'd Be getting the shrimp dude as a permanent party member

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hell yeahhhhhhh

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Next update's this Sunday, as a heads up.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

This series does a great job with its human, heatfelt moments. Either with humans or otherwise.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I did not predict that we'd Be getting the shrimp dude as a permanent party member

I kinda suspected he might change sides after how lovely the aliens treated him, although I figured it would happen during the fight, not after.

I dunno if he'll be a permanent team member, but I am glad he survived, and seeing him tear up at how nice humans are and promise to be a good guy from now on fills me with the warm fuzzies. :3:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
We're getting the sci-fi and paranormal stuff in pairs and I love it. There's a real strong theme of duality/complement/balance in this manga. I'm gonna call my shot and say Okarun is getting a male rival soon-ish, but he'll fill a similar role in combat to Momo.

And also somewhere in Okarun's family there's probably an aging conspiracy nut to balance out Momo's powerful grandpa.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

read all chapters on viz the past two days. this thing hits right. very fun, kinda wish i had held off on reading it until it had like 50 chapters it was a good short binge.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Ex Chapter
Looks like we got some Monkey Trouble but also RIP the Golgo 13 mangaka.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Dr. Zauis' really fallen on hard times huh?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
bro...dandadan is so good bro...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Also today's Tokusatsu reference Spectreman, both the simian alien and the head of his club being the titular heroes head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7XQ_HtmXc