Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

sk posted:

Kevin Sullivan is a murderer and I don't know how to accept that

It’s very likely he is, we accept it by acknowledging it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

the dprk put a control chip in his brain during collision in korea that shorted out from getting bashed in the head so many times. he was supposed to kill clinton but got daniel instead rip

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

quote:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

even if he did do it i dont think he meant it, i think he apologized

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Incessant Excess posted:

quote:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Yeah but I’d wear it ironically since he didn’t do it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:wrong:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hes innocent, op

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

he ruptured a disk that fragmented into his spinal column

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

chris benoit is gonna be the BIGGEST royal rumble surprise yet...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

hes innocent, op

Yep, really starting to think this

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

at first I thought this was just another sick ironic joke thread but the more it’s talked about it really does seem like there’s more to this story. not even nancy grace could get the details straight.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

yea ok posted:

at first I thought this was just another sick ironic joke thread but the more it’s talked about it really does seem like there’s more to this story. not even nancy grace could get the details straight.

This

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
K i’ve been thinking about this
Even if benoit was there did he do it alone?
Vince seems like the kind of guy to have a man in the shadows
It just doesn’t add up
None of this makes any sense

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If I was going to have to job to CM Punk I might kill my family then myself too, but if I had a Kevin Sullivan around to do it for me, i’d let him go ahead.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
chris benoit actually killed his family but kevin sullivan killed chris benoit

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
he was wearing a bra

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

MotU posted:

chris benoit actually killed his family but kevin sullivan killed chris benoit

Bip Roberts posted:

he was wearing a bra

no

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

yes, also chris benoits family was working for kevin sullivan so he was justified

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Chris never killed anyone, not even himself

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Chris killed Eddie via the FOXDIE virus

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kevin Sullivan got Satan to kill Benoit’s family and Benoit died from grief

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
What if...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAR-DurmA6o

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Armitage posted:

What if...

:pray:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i miss b&v songs :(

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Armitage posted:

What if...

you just know he's having 5 star bangers with BDV in heaven

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let me find a song that cannot fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijIXj1Ploo

kevin sullivan wore three black Xs on his face when doing an interview about what happened to the benoit family.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Cavauro posted:

let me find a song that cannot fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijIXj1Ploo

kevin sullivan wore three black Xs on his face when doing an interview about what happened to the benoit family.

Interesting. I’m starting to think he was the real killer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's the pic don't look into the video. reason is because it's too sad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the 3 mystical runes on his face represent the 3 lives he took that tragic weekend in georgia

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

tao of lmao posted:

you just know he's having 5 star bangers with BDV in heaven

hell yeah. we were robbed of a rematch of this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmSeGNSTLE

how could a man that put on a classic like this kill two people and himself. it's sad that chris benoit is the first murdering superstar to win the royal rumble

Armitage fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 29, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sullivan only took one life - Benoit's. We should all condemn the Uber driver that caused Kevin to get there too late to save Woman and Benoit's son, Child.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

chris benwah

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sullivan only took one life - Benoit's. We should all condemn the Uber driver that caused Kevin to get there too late to save Woman and Benoit's son, Child.

Uber didn’t exist back then. Next question.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Uber didn’t exist back then. Next question.

It absolutely did

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

flashy_mcflash posted:

It absolutely did

Why don’t you go ahead and prove it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you rearrange the letters in UBER and add some and take some away what do you get?

That's right: THE BUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there isn't any public transportation system in the state of georgia.