Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The census asked me what languages my 6 month old baby spoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

None wasn't an option, so I put English even though the only English he spoke was "dada", which isn't even a word, really.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It was online, and I filled it out two months ago, so I don't remember all the options exactly, but I do remember that none of them fit.

I did leave a comment about how maybe asking for the language spoken by children under 2 didn't make any sense.

Edit: My wife speaks a language other than English or French, so that explains why I was asked.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 10, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I got my 2nd shot of Moderna on Thursday and I was absolutely incapacitated all day yesterday. Literally the sickest I have ever been. Fever, chills, and the worst headache I've ever had. Feel fine today though.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Got both doses at the Telus Convention Centre. First one had a long line through the Plus 15s but still moved fairly quick, took about an hour from getting in line to leaving after the 15 minute waiting period. Second one, I pretty much walked right in and got the poke. I was impressed with how organized it was both times. Amazing how if you give the Health Care system enough resources, everything works pretty well!

Telus has a vested interest in pumping as many people as possible full of that 5G.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's because Trudeau's beard game is weak. He cannot hope to compete with Singh and so he shaved it off in shame. The bald guy is polling even worse. Women notice.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I like the implication that the Conservative team has the best players and the best strategy, they just don't believe in themselves enough.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

No poo poo they're campus Conservatives. Can you imagine becoming a Conservative late in life? Like, you make it to your 40s with a functioning brain and then suddenly realize that you want to make life worse for everyone around you? That's some Captain Planet supervillain poo poo right there.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, but that was what, 20-30 years ago? I don't think anyone growing up outside of Conservatism (that isn't a Q-cultist) can look at what the Conservatives have become during that time span and be like "Yes please, I'd like to get in on that."

I mean, look at Jason Kenney's bio:
Like a human pig, he loves to pollute, using his wealth to acquire complex pig-themed polluting gadgets. He has a distorted sense of vanity (fat pride), and is an inveterate glutton, even eating a small fish that was originally destined as lunch to his henchman, after Kenny himself ate a big fish. He does not appear to be very brave - once Justin Trudeau arrives, he often resorts to begging or pleading, usually desperate to be saved from his own plan, which has backfired. However, he throws his weight around and can be very cruel as he has attempted to harm the Liberals on more than one occasion.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This year would have been the perfect time for Kevin O'Leary to run, but instead he's busy starring in "So I Married a Boat Murderer".

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

On the other hand you arrested Maxime Bernier, so it's kind of a wash.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

PT6A posted:

Kenney's gone full on loving nuts.

This implies that there was a period where he was normal.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you bike remember to stay on the sidewalk for safety and that stop signs don't apply to you.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Albino Squirrel posted:

I found out which of my co-workers in health care are not vaccinated and I really wish I hadn't because I'm so loving angry with them.

When my wife and I were taking pre-natal classes immediately pre-COVID the nurse running them was dead set against getting the flu shot and the mother of another pregnant lady was extolling the benefits of colloidal silver. There is so much woo and snake oil out there that it felt like it was the 1920s instead of the 2020s.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Moderna also produced a highly effective Zika mRNA vaccine around early 2019, which formed the basis of their COVID vaccine research.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

apatheticman posted:

Really bold of O'Toole to title the policy platform "Vote for us so you can say the n-word again"

Nipissing?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hexigrammus posted:

I think the brainworms might be getting me and I'm a little sympathetic to those who are concerned about a vaccine that hasn't completed the full approval process.

The vaccines have completed the full approval process though.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about the FDA here, because nobody in drug development really cares about Health Canada’s process (they basically just worry about the FDA and then give the same data to Health Canada).

The FDA approval process isn't something that's set in stone. It can vary greatly depending on the need for the drug and how effective it is at treating whatever it's supposed to treat. For diseases where the drug is very effective and the alternative to getting it can be death (i.e. the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines), the FDA can fast-track the approvals process by basically bumping it to the front of the review queue and holding more frequent review meetings with the drug manufacturer. They also created a super-accelerated approval process to get COVID-19 drugs to patients as quickly as possible because the need is so great.

Basically the only thing that the COVID-19 vaccines haven't passed yet is long-term safety, but no new drug will have long-term safety data by this point. The vaccines are extremely effective at stopping people from dying of COVID-19 in the short term though, so they're approved based on that.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

PSAC reps get really crabby when you pronounce it pee-sack.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RBC posted:

Maybe Tysni should actually post about what part of that plan they think will "reduce prices". The entire thing is formulated to increase demand. That will do nothing but increase prices.

He can't post anything anymore because he got owned so hard he banned himself.

Arc Hammer posted:

Bolded parts mine. Between the horror stories of people fed up with low wage bullshit jobs and delusional owners who piss and moan about lazy people who don't want to work for pennies to meet their bosses' stupid profit margins, I'd be perfectly fine watching thousands of restaurants crash and burn so that the businesses that do treat their employees fairly and pay them a living wage can thrive.

https://twitter.com/GlobalBC/status/1429428141164929025?s=20

Boomers would rather work for free than increase wages for their children.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

eXXon posted:

Personally I'm excited to see what Ant-Corrupton can bring to Ottawa, we haven't had a differently-abled cyborg insectoid superhero in ages.

You mean Otawa, right?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Typo posted:

Canadian economy can just become all about money laundering and money laundering associated activites

Become?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ZShakespeare posted:

As a staunch conservative I believe we should handle this like they did in the bible. Making the unvaccinated live in their own colony.

Leviticus 13:45-46 posted:

45 "The person with such an infectious disease must wear torn clothes, let his hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of his face and cry out, `Unclean! Unclean!'

46 As long as he has the infection he remains unclean. He must live alone; he must live outside the camp.

Literally wear a mask and self-isolate.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kraftwerk posted:

The NDP. But I do so with resentment and knowledge it helps the conservatives in my riding because the NDP will never win here.

:same:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

just another posted:

I feel dumb for not knowing this already but what are the rules around campaign signs on public/municipal land?

It's a municipal issue. Here's a summary of Waterloo's bylaws:

quote:

Just one sign is permitted between intersecting roads. 

Signs cannot interfere or obstruct the visibility of drivers, cyclists or pedestrians.

Signs cannot interfere or obstruct a roadway, shoulder of the road, median or planting bed.

They must be at least 0.5 metres from a sidewalk, the curb or the shoulder of the road, or three metres from the edge of a road with no curb or shoulder.

On any other regional roads, they must be one metre away.

Signs cannot be within three metres of a fire hydrant.

Signs on public property cannot be within five metres of a driveway.

Signs cannot be within 100 metres of a roundabout and they must be 30 metres from a traffic control signal, crosswalk, bus stop sign or school bus loading zone.

Signs must be 30 metres from the shoulder of an intersection (or 30 metres from the edge of the road at an intersection where there is no shoulder).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

On CBC radio today I had to listen to an anti-vax airline employee whine about how the vaccine passport/employer vaccine mandate is forcing him to choose between his "safety" and his job. All I could think was I hope this idiot loses his job, both about the anti-vaxxer and the CBC editor who decided to give his idiotic views airtime.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

More people had to die in order to fulfil Doug Ford's pact with Satan.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ego-bot posted:

I'm voting for the guy standing normally.

What the hell is this wide stance bullshit? Did the debate take place in an airport bathroom?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

As Premier, I recommend Albertans stop dying of COVID. Problem solved. I'm going to go and take a vacation for a few weeks. Let me know how it works out. See you in October!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I feel sorry for the porta potties, really.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I feel sorry for Swiss Chalet employees.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

drat, when you search Haldimand-Norfolk on Google Maps it pops up with a COVID-19 alert at the top of the page.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CanPol 2021 - Breathe deeply into your balls

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So cool. :coolfish:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How was she even elected as leader of the Greens? Surely there had to have been signs of her absurd behavior beforehand.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Got mailed a stack of five Voter Information Cards for people who do not live at my address.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Holy poo poo lol

Based on this graph I'm just assuming that everyone in Manitoba has already died of COVID.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The thread American is making a very persuasive case for voting PPC to keep the immigrants out of Canada.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RBC posted:

so when he dies wheres all his money going

He is a hardcore evangelical Christian, so my money is on his church.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I dunno, sexually transmitted votes sound bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Galaxy brain move running in Toronto Centre.