Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vyelkin posted:

One of the most humiliating careers in Canadian political history.

Just you wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mila kunis posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tk-emlups-te-secw%C3%A9pemc-215-children-former-kamloops-indian-residential-school-1.6043778

Remains of 215 children found buried at former B.C. residential school, First Nation says

The community took it upon themselves to hire a ground-penetrating radar tech to inspect the grounds and found 215 bodies buried. The police do not appear to be getting involved. Good poo poo.

This is awful and unsurprising, and I'm guessing the police aren't involved because they're assuming the children were buried while the school was in operation 50 years ago and they already can't be assed to follow up on disappearances and murders of indigenous people that happened in this century.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

IDK if you noticed, but the first time a mod showed up in CanPol in weeks and they killed the thread for no reason, then opened another one with exact same OP from two years ago.

I have no idea what you're expecting, but I'd bet on "capricious" and "arbitrary"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

Yeah it's p silly - haven't previous threads followed the federal election cycle, mostly?

Yes, because that's a cycle that makes sense as far as discussions of Canadian politics goes. This break in the thread just makes it awkward to go back and quote things, which is something we're doing fairly often as COVID and the government's response remains the primary topic of conversation.

Sitll, I don't want to get too down on GreyjoyBastard. They're trying, and I know this is a tough time for the mods.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 29, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eXXon posted:

50+% poo poo post ratio isn't ban-worthy or what?

Buddy...

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

I do sometimes wonder how other cities/provinces view it. Here in Winnipeg the CFL is nearly as big as the NHL in terms of passion and fan engagement. Bombers are a big loving deal.

Depends on the city I guess. Someone in Toronto may care about the Argos, but I've never met them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Same for me in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I don't think it was part of any curriculum, but some teachers cared enough to work it in.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Another Bill from Toronto is wonderfully ambiguous.

Is it a guy named Bill? More chicanery from Queen's Park? Who knows?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

At a time when parks are being used more than ever before, I bring you the National Post!

https://twitter.com/accessd/status/1400155095808065542?s=19

Clown-rear end motherfucker.

I know it's NatPo and not knowing things is how you get an editorial spot in the first place, but he could at least pretend to have some concept of urban issues before slaming his face into the keyboard for another column. Bonus points for using an image showing a park being used by dozens of people in the article where he says parks aren't used except by people walking their dogs.

The column is actually much worse than the blurb suggests. Mostly his problem is that there are now encampments in the parks (you know, because the shelter system which was already woefully underfunded essentially collapsed during COVID), and he thinks that if we privatized them that wouldn't happen anymore. He also thinks he can just pay for park amenities directly, because somehow the city doing that with tax revenue is bad, because of an anecdote about people who don't have jobs at McDonalds.

I wish I were making this up.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 2, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Entropic posted:

This is a genuinely impressive ratio

Presumably that's what he was going for.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fidelitious posted:

This seems like a roundabout way of him saying that he wants paid access to parks so that he can enjoy them without the poors messing it up, and sort of trying to use some side nonsense about social housing as cover?

It's that, but the cover gets dropped immediately. Also he doesn't like that the city hires students/teens to staff the amenities.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

St. Dogbert posted:

So, is Dr. Williams ignoring the established pattern in order to provide Ford cover not to accelerate the announced reopening schedule, or are the higher-ups in the Ford government still unable to discern basic data patterns after 15 months of this pandemic?

If I had to guess, I'd say the latter.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Unless they're wearing completely unobscured badges there's just no way to identify them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

prom candy posted:

Today, that is still there but they also added: "Indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services permitted at up to 15 per cent capacity of the particular room;"

That's pushing it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Okay.

Please keep us informed of your violent fantasies, here in the politics thread.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apatheticman posted:

Ah I see its the bi monthly is it ok to do violence against racists discussion.

I'd suggest that if you want to scream into the void about staving peoples' heads in with a bat, do it in CSPAM or something. No one's going to jerk you off about what a badass you are "in Minecraft"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Margaret "Im no racist but..." Wente?

Didn't NatPo drop Wente a while ago? Who would pick her up? Quillette or maybe Rebel Media?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Good point.

I'm not going to go looking for them, but I'm surprised there haven't been any pearl clutching op-eds about the Ryerson statue from The Star or CBC posted in here yet.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 8, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It's weird to imagine Canadian institutions having a sense of shame and actual decorum, but I'm certainly not complaining.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Manitoba PCs sold a provincial park and there's two others out for RFPs right now

https://twitter.com/WilderNewsMB/status/1402044799469817856?s=20

The tweet says one has been privatized, but the article says there are RFPs out for the three parks, so it's still in the proposal stage. There is an official opposition in Manitoba isn't there? You'd expect someone to have made mention of selling off provincial lands before it passed legislature.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Alctel posted:

why the gently caress would anyone be in favour of selling off provincial parks

'yes I hate having areas I can go and visit for free, i'd far rather pay for it'

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Welp. That's some bullshit.

You'd think the sale of provincial assets would take a bit more than just announcing an RFP.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Eat Fresh and Freeze, scumbag!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

They can have it, but they have to carry it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Well, it's also a product of the solid decade or so the media spent demonizing Muslims after 2001, so maybe they don't want to try too hard to understand.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Welp. Looks ironclad.

We'll miss you Alberta, best of luck!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Canuckistan posted:

PEI approval rate is around 83% according to other polls.

Where?

MA-Horus posted:

how has nobody found this rear end in a top hat's posting history yet

There is a 100% chance that guy was on a chan or one of the spun off discords

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

What the gently caress? How does that happen in Toronto in 2021?

I mean in the sense of "How was there not a group of other Torontonians around to step in and if necessary tune up the aggressors?". The mind boggles.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 9, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

This city is queer as hell though. I can see that it happened, I just can't see how there was no one around willing to stop it from happening.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tippecanoe posted:

According to the gofundme:

FML. Of course TPS did nothing.

Gee golly guys, I wonder why you're not invited to march in uniform anymore.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sorry, it was a joke about PEI being excluded from the list of provinces. "Where?" referring to PEI itself

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It's no Toronto ward redistricting, that's for sure.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ouch

I guess you're in good company with New Zeland

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Some sort of revolution, of culture. A cultural revolution, if you will.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

Who had "White mass murderer makes NCR plea" on thei... wow ok there are a lot of you aren't there

Weirdly, I feel like well adjusted people with a good home life probably don't suit up and go on killing sprees. It just doesn't come up that often, you know?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd like to put forward to the media that maladjusted individuals can still be criminally responsible assholes and having a lovely family life is no excuse for murder loving hell.

Somehow these mitigating circumstances only ever seem to come up in certain situations. Odd that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Any of y'all Manitobans have thoughts on Gord Mackintosh?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

He took care of the ministry that oversaw Manitoba CFS and our CFS system is a literal rethinking of residential schools but with hotels so

Huh. Welp.

His name came up today and I saw he was an old provincial NDP so I thought I'd ask.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Maxim Bernier was arrested today hahahaha

lol. What for?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wow, SAL and Joe Warmington in the same year. Must be rough at the Toronto Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mediaphage posted:

lmaooooooo

i hate when upper-class queers talk up being conservative and attacked by the woke youth etc. like it wasn't that long ago the party you like to laud up wanted you in institutions (if you were lucky and not just raped and murdered). i mean she was a megaracist troll anyway so no surprise, but.

this acting thing should be good, she'll fall flat on her face i'm sure.

She's been using her sexual orientation as a shield for publishing some truly vile poo poo for years.

gently caress her.