Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Crow Buddy posted:

None taken it is a huge blind spot. I went to school earlier than some in the thread.

I suppose I figured when kids died there was some record of it and the parents were notified, and the police just ignored the murders. Not literal Pickton farms.

Honestly, I thought the same when it occurred to me at all. The first I ever heard of systemic abuse at the schools was when I was attending university, and even then it was just a video of survivors stories on I think it would have been the public access channel (which gives you an idea how long ago it was, but it was in the mid 90s) late at night while I was surfing around for something to watch on Showcase or Bravo. I thought that there would be records, somewhere, so that it could be accounted for which was incredibly naive of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

PT6A posted:

Yeah, but I mean we all know very well that was bullshit, and in those cases where it was true, it was more about indoor social gatherings (much more likely during winter) than having a meal outside. They're hypocritical pieces of poo poo, there's no doubt about that, but the issue here is, reasonably, not a few guys sitting outside on the deck (who, I should add, could be trivially contact-traced if it came to that, which is why I think this is safer than restaurant patio situations). That's simply not very risky now that case counts are reasonable and most people in Alberta have at least one dose of vaccine.

Case counts are reasonable for now. Who knows what they'll be in a couple of weeks once we open up further? The hypocrisy is that much more galling since this is the fourth? fifth? time Bumbles has done "Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do." His base can only forgive so much. Speaking of which: https://www.skypalace.ca :lol:

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ok, that is pretty loving great. Can people not in Alberta donate to Alberta NDP? Cause I want to be legal.

I'm not sure, but I think if you stick to personal limits as mandated by Elections Alberta it's kosher. The funding laws were pretty lax pre-Notley, and the only restrictions they've put into place, as far as I know, were to restrict them from businesses and unions. I think you'll be okay if you want to slide them :10bux: or something.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10158007830387681&set=a.10150790853667681

Edited to correct a spelling mistake and a contradictory sentence.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 4, 2021

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Zutaten posted:

drat, primo real estate. Right above the Hay For Sale section.

Morinville is a typical small Albertan town, just off of Highway 14 on the way from Edmonton heading out East. The Want Ads for their paper is primo real estate, since they want to be read. Problem is, this sort of delusional belief has a way of sticking around for generations. I think we'll be dealing with these yahoos for decades to come.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

As far as I know there’s no “new” bodies found here but rather people are trying to recognize the fact that 20 years ago the city sold the old residential school land to some rear end in a top hat that paved over everything with a RV park and conveniently everyone forgot about the part of deal where they said they would look for bodies before turning up the land and the plague marking the school was removed.

Brandon University and Sioux Valley First Nation were working together to get the land back and figure out where the school and the graves are but I don’t see any new information being reported on right now.

This past week I remember listening to an interview on As It Happens on CBC Radio about that. A descendant of a school survivor recalled her experience. Before the sale it was a site of remembrance and mourning. Visits to the site were fairly regular and it was maintained by the survivors, so they can't really use the excuse "Well, we had no idea what it was about. We bought the land from such-and-such and they never said anything about it!" This sort of blatant blindness to the school system is incredibly disappointing.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

infernal machines posted:

Doubling down on loving with healthcare workers during a global pandemic is one of those incomprehensible gaffes that can't have made any real sense to anyone.

Even if you're absolutely ideologically committed to loving up public healthcare, you don't do it while it's front and centre in everyone's mind.

Tell that to, well, all of the conservative premiers. They don't seem to see the point.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Drunk Canuck posted:

There's no way Harper comes back because he is in no position to muzzle the loving nutjobs in the CPC anymore.

We're fairly confident that he doesn't have the clout to do so, sure, but it's been several years. What if Harper got high by sniffing his own farts in his little consulting firm circlejerk and decided to make a play for the Con leadership? With his creature Kenney feeding whatever delusions he wants to hear via his failson Ben, I can see him trying once O'Toole self destructs.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Pleads posted:

e: The Nashville North tent will require proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter, loving lol the cowboy chuds are going to rage.

Word is $50 will get your test "lost," and $100 will get you waved in regardless. I can't wait to see what the numbers will be like 2 weeks from now.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Just in case anybody is worried about second Moderna for some reason, it did indeed suck a lot, but symptoms for me and everyone I know have been limited to just 24 hours.

It's a real crapshoot though. After my second Moderna jab the symptoms were pretty minor: Sore spot on my arm at injection site, a couple days of persistent fatigue, and that's it. I lucked out with no fever, chills, or anything more severe. Account for self reporting bias and I'm sure the minor or no symptom cases outnumber the severe ones, just as the clinical trials have predicted.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

These guys are all fuckers and buying a new house has --- imo --- been a horrible decision. Our siding has come off regularly and the guy was like, "well i normally leave it but it's been windy" - fucker, it's ALWAYS windy on the prairies. He was supposed to nail them all in but yesterday a small strip on my garage was off. These guys are all crooks and pieces of poo poo. Burn the industry to the ground.

This has been an ongoing issue since the last housing boom of the early Aughts. I started my plumbing apprenticeship around then, and my first few years were in construction. I always advise never buying any house newer than the 1990s unless you can go over it with a fine tooth comb and either find no problems or can reasonably expect to get those problems fixed. In my first year I was with a journeyman and we were working on houses in new subdivisions on the north and south of Edmonton, as well as in the outer communities of Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and Beaumont. We were expected to rough in a house (drainage, water lines, and venting) in 24 man hours, about a day and half. I admit I'm a slow worker, but it's unreasonable to expect quality work at that rate when the company is only caring about the bottom line. Now expand that attitude to the other trades. It's not worth sinking your money into the sort of money pit it potentially can be. I've seen work that could have happened at GroverHause FFS.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

ChickenDoodle posted:

Also, make sure when buying a house or apartment build before 1985 that your wiring is up to code, cause you might just find a smoldering fire in your loving wall thanks to the heat wave!

Thanks, home inspector, for making it sound like our wiring was TOTALLY FINE.

Home inspections and new homes are scams.

Oh yeah, for a relatively brief time they used aluminum wiring instead of copper. It works perfectly fine, as long as the voltage and amperage isn't too high. Then the stuff melts. Same thing with plastic water lines made from polybutenol. That stuff is the precursor of pex and wirsbo, but it gets more brittle with time and UV light can damage it, so all you can do is adapt it to modern water lines. Poly B is easy to identify at least: it's a dull grey. You see that stuff, best leave it to the professionals.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Squibbles posted:

Isn't the other problem with Aluminum wiring that it oxidizes at connections which can increase resistance and thus heat which would lead to that melting scenario? Plus it seems like aluminum work hardens pretty quickly but I don't know if that's an issue as well or not.

I believe so. With the usual caveat that I'm a plumber, not an electrician I can only tell you what my personal experience has been. I've only dealt with aluminum wiring when I've had to install a dishwasher or similar appliance. I've found that aluminum is more brittle than copper, so you can't bend it too much, and as far as oxidation is concerned I'd have to say yes, it does increase the resistance of the wiring which in turn increases the heat of the wire when electricity is passing through.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

^^^If he's banking on the hospitals on not being overrun when there is rampant bed closures, staff is burnt out, Shandro has declared open warfare on pretty much all front line and support staff with an eye towards starving the beast and privatizing, then it'll work out about as well as AIMCO and the billions he gambled on pipelines so far. We're going to see wards being slammed with cases up until the end of year and beyond.

PittTheElder posted:

Don't lament the death of Alberta contact tracing, it never worked in the first place.

Even worse; it actively blocked the federal tracing app and Kenney refused to entertain even the thought of allowing us Albertan peons to be able to use it. Oh and because of this people are now less likely to take any illness seriously. People with cold symptoms are returning to work immediately after receiving a negative COVID test. They won't even allow you to get a test unless you're about to be hospitalized. They're saying "We officially don't care about anyone who works with the public, we officially don't care about school safety, we officially don't care about anyone who hasn't been vaxxed (for any reason) and we officially don't expect anyone to behave as though we ever did care." :ughh: Welcome to Thunderdome. :commissar:

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 29, 2021

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

As long as this disrupts the cons plans to privatize hydro or insurance idgaf who they pick.

Bold of you to assume they won't take the opportunity to turbofuck the province even harder in a renewed spasm of selling it off to the lowest bidder. Premier Kinew will have his hands full trying to fix things, and of course people will be pissed that he didn't give everyone a shiny new lifted F150 that runs on unicorn farts and blowjobs.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 11, 2021

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Nitr0 posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/comox-valley-regional-district-phase-out-gas-stations-1.6139542

How much of a hippy dippy do idea is this? Still have poo poo battery tech, the cars all kinda suck, but to not allow any new changes to pumps or they just “die naturally” sounds like wacky island brain thinking.

They're jumping the gun by a decade. The main employer for Comox is the RCAF base, and the runner up has been tourism for a long while now. I grew up there, and while it is fairly granola, I would have thought they'd be pragmatic enough to realize the current limitations of the technology. I would have expected this sort of thing from Denman or Hornby Islands honestly.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol Derek Sloan has apparently decided to run in Banff-Airdrie this year against Blake Richards.

He's running as an Independent too, so there's two possibilities and one probability: He's either making a display (and burning his money) to try to get courted by one of the conservative parties out here, or his brain worms have gotten so bad he thinks he can make a go of it in that riding without any party support. The probability is that between him, the Con incumbent, the candidates from the PPC (...what?), and the Maverick Party (just loving LOL) the vote could be split enough for the Liberals to get the seat, but that's a long shot. Blake Richards won last time with 71% of the vote, and he's lasted 5 elections. So far, no NDP or Green candidates have put their names forward but it's still early. The riding includes Cochrane and Canmore too. Population and engagement wise Cochrane and Airdrie skew it rightward, while Banff and Canmore are more heavily left.

But I'm living for Sloan to be BTFO and sent packing back east.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

SoggyBobcat posted:

Princess Patricia's Canadian Electoral District

But we've already got Edmonton Griesbach. How about Edmonton-Cars-Cost-Less-In-Wetaskiwin?

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Old Swerdlow posted:

I see that cities in Alberta are finally doing something about the surging COVID cases. My city Edmonton just voted to reintroduce the face mask by-law.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/covid-19-mask-bylaw-transit-city-council-edmonton-debate-1.6158454

Quelle surprise that Mike "Bought and paid for by the UPC" Nickel is one of the dissenting votes. I watched some of his pissing and moaning in a tweet after the vote. When our new cases are in quadruple digits and patients are being shuffled around from city to city for the possibility of room, a mask mandate is literally the least we can do.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Femtosecond posted:

I live in Vancouver East which is a guaranteed NDP seat until the heat death of the universe, and Jenny Kwan requires no assistance by me to win, so instead I've donated some money to the Vancouver Granville candidate, who may have been a longshot were it not for the fact that the Liberal Candidate turns out to have been a home flipper. Now I feel the NDP candidate at least has a shot and gently caress me if that home flipper guy wins during a housing crisis and I didn't lift a finger to help.

The NDP candidate is Anjali Appadurai, a young (first time?) politician. She is Climate Justice Lead at Sierra Club BC ·which seems like good enough credentials for me. As we've seen with Ruth Ellen Brosseau, you can be a newbie outsider without a lot of experience and still work hard and do a good job in parliament.

I'm in the same boat, living in Edmonton-Strathcona so it's the little orange dot in a sea of blue. The current MP Heather McPherson doesn't need much help this time around, but there are plenty who do. I've donated some to Blake Desjarlais, the NDP candidate for Edmonton-Griesbach. Anything to get rid of Kerry Diotte.

Also, those anti-vaxx/mask/lockdown/Trudeau marches we've been seeing at the hospitals? Guess we know who to blame now: https://twitter.com/MichelletypoQ/status/1433326038193303553 The whole thread just has me shaking my head.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

PT6A posted:

Speaking as someone in the aviation industry, I hope all the loving morons who are anti-vaxx quit, and I'd piss on them on their way out. There's people who aren't loving morons who want those jobs, and we all want to be safe so we can hold our medicals and be healthy to fly long-term.

If you don't have the critical thinking necessary to decide the vaccine is a good idea, you do not have the intelligence and judgement required to act as flight crew. This is not negotiable, it's black and white; in this job, you will have to make safety-critical choices in situations that aren't clear cut, and if you can't pass this specific test, which is the easiest of any possible grey area you could be confronted with, then you simply do not belong, full stop, no questions asked, surrender your loving license.

Oh yeah, if you're not going to take safety procedures seriously or take adequate precautions to protect yourself from any sort of contagion while working in a sealed, pressurized system for hours at a time, often days at a time? Forget it, you lost the right to work there.

By the way, here's your daily reminder that the UCP, to a man, are 31 flavours of complete scum:
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/forced-closure-of-gleichen-alta-liquor-store-raises-significant-health-concerns-for-alcohol-dependent-1.5567993
This was just a couple days ago, but when it gets to the point that a rural bar/liquor store gets shut down, and it's owned by an MLA of the ruling party? There's some seriously sketchy poo poo there.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Arivia posted:

oh poo poo boys we're gonna look bad if we don't give it to the queers too drat PC bullshit

Currently organizers of Pride events across the province are gathering together as many cowboy hats, bales of hay, and leather harnesses. I fully expect the government to be bombarded with requests to classify all the LGBTQ2+ bars as "Rodeos."

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Blanchet really, really does not like being called a racist.

Most racists don't. They get all outraged and everything. It's funny. By the way, has Singh and Trudeau told Rebel to gently caress off tonight too?

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Feels like goldfish memory only applies to the PCs, because boy do I always have to hear about how the ONDP hosed up that one time or whatever.

...or if you mention "Trudeau" or the "NEP" to an Albertan. That any seats in 2015 went to the Liberals is testament to how sick and tired some of us were about Harper basically pulling the football away the moment he got elected to a majority. Otherwise smart, thoughtful people start frothing at the mouth and start looking for the nearest pitchfork when the subject is brought up of energy resource policy under the Liberals during the 1970s and 80s. It's truly bizarre, and I was born and raised here.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

As if tomorrow (or today, if you're reading this on Monday) isn't full of drama as it is, it seems the quiet revolt against Kenney and co. is going to get much louder:

https://twitter.com/RogueNerdOne/status/1439719453118197763

It's funny. I was expecting this sort of talk to be delayed until the fall, or to coincide with the winter break. What are the odds Kenney will be facing his own Night of the Long Knives this upcoming week?

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

The NDP second? Wtf?

Banff is pretty progressive, along with Canmore in the riding. Airdrie is basically a satellite bedroom community of Calgary so that skews it heavily for the Cons. In an ideal world this sort of result would mean that Blake Richards would take into consideration the views and opinions of his Left constituents, but this being the dumbest Canada in the dumbest timeline means he just does whatever his bosses tell him to do.

Also loving LOL at the Beaverton tonight:
https://twitter.com/TheBeaverton/status/1440149527273488391

Reminder that this is the waste of his daddy's erection who read into parliamentary record the manifesto of the Christchurch mass shooter in front of the Commons justice committee. Cooper, the MP for St. Albert-Edmonton, was dropped from the committee by Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer after he provoked an angry backlash by confronting a Muslim witness who was testifying about online hate speech during a late May committee hearing. The Alberta MP told Faisal Khan Suri he should be "ashamed" after he drew a link between "conservative commentators" and the online history of Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette.

So yeah, gently caress that guy. St. Albert doesn't deserve that albatross around their collective necks.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

No the thing they got wrong is that dislike/hatred of the current UCP government would translate to CPC loses. The UCP would get (relatively) crushed if an election was held this year.

I know Canmore is pretty progressive, surprised that Banff would be given how much money you need to have to live there. Also Airdrie dwarfs those 2 towns, so it's still a little surprising that the NDP is 2nd.

First, I completely agree that with Kenney "leading" the province the UCP is barely more popular than room temperature, flat beer. I think Kenney's polling at 9% within his own party. I'd be surprised if this election isn't going to lead to a leadership review very soon.

Second, Banff has been trying to be more than just a vacation town for years now. There's not that many seasonal workers there at this time of year, and especially this year so I may be overstating the town's significance. I only know that it's been a long complaint that Banff and Canmore have been saddled with Airdrie and the rural settlements in between them.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/EllieComm/status/1443026738989068294

Honestly Kenney's response as to why he's been rejecting help from other provinces is baffling. Your modeling suggests the wave will peak in late October. So why are you refusing aid now when it could mitigate that situation, rather than waiting for things to reach their absolute worst before you act?

Why the hell does everything have to be a reactive response?

Haven't you heard? He's got a civic election and referendum to get through by mid October. The medical help will wait until then.

Seriously, we're at the point that a fair number of Albertans would believe it was raining if the UCP told them that it was, even while Jason Kenney was pissing on their leg. He's weighing the projected losses against the face he'd lose by admitting he needs help, and would thereby lose political capital. You see, you have to think about it without any sort of empathy or concern for your fellow human being to get into his mindset, but there you are.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

PT6A posted:

With the UCP, you really have to dig deep when considering “what’s the worst, dumbest thing they could possibly do?” because so many of their actions are not merely ignorant, but actively malicious.

The events of the past few years really hammer home the idea that job security for a politician isn't a good idea. Before long they'll give up entirely and dare us to vote them out.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

I cant even laugh at Alberta anymore, its just a terrifying mix of tragedy and malice towards anyone still living there. The UCP clearly doesnt give a poo poo about anyone, not even their voting base.

And yet these same useful idiots would vote them back in if given the choice; that's what they're banking on.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

I didn't see anyone else mention it here, so I might as well. Back in 2019 one of Bumbles' campaign promises was to set an inquiry to look into foreign interference and funding of "Anti Oilsands Activity." In his words “a UCP government would immediately pursue an aggressive legal strategy to hold the Tar Sands Campaign funders to account for what they have done to our province.” After 2 years, $3.5 million, and I'm sure, many, many "working" lunches and dinners their conclusion: :beck:

quote:

"There is no doubt that these campaigns have occurred in an environment of reduced investment in oil and gas projects, at least since 2014 when global oil prices fell by almost half and other economic factors were at play.

"Much of the reduced investment is therefore due to natural market forces, but anti-Alberta energy campaigns have played a role."

While buried on page 596 I think this was the main point:

quote:

“I agree that, on its own, the label “anti-Alberta” or “anti-Albertan”, is not helpful or constructive; it does not reflect the objectives or work of this Inquiry,”

TL;DR The big scary foreign parties spent money on environmentalist causes around Alberta, not necessarily exclusively against the oilsands (the $1.3 billion of foreign money for “Canadian-based” environmental groups from 2003 to 2019 includes $429 million that went to Ducks Unlimited Canada, for example) and that hurts the poor oil companies' and UCP's feelings. And that's sad. :saddumb: But it's not illegal. I'm sounding like a broken record here, but in any other provincial government this would have been the final nail in their coffin. It was telling that neither Kenney nor the report's lead author Allen were at the press conference announcing the conclusions, just the Energy Minister Sonya Savage, who stumbled her way through the questions, including one from the New York Times:

https://twitter.com/CBCFletch/status/1451257492990676994

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/anti-alberta-energy-campaign-public-inquiry-final-report-1.6218861

https://www.theprogressreport.ca/after_2_years_3_5_million_dollars_allan_inquiry_finds_definitive_proof_of_hurt_feelings_but_not_much_else

So all of that, for something a 9th grader could whip up over the course of a couple of weeks armed with a netbook and Google. Yay. For that we paid $3.5 million.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

You beat me to it, just like the UCP association beat Kenney to setting the ground rules to the AGM. Oh sure, Kenney can try to say that only he can bring new resolutions forward (such as a leadership review) but if he tries to deny this and prevent a vote he'll face an open revolt.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/braid-kenney-has-control-of-convention-as-pressure-builds-for-early-leadership-review

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

No poo poo. But Kenney has to spend Christmas with two other households you see. So we get to go through this bullshit again.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Powershift posted:

I'm betting half of them test positive before Christmas anyways. At least one is going to go to a bunch of gatherings knowing they're positive and trying to pretend they're not.

Speaking of which: https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/energy-minister-sonya-savage-tests-positive-for-covid-19 There will be more, believe it.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Powershift posted:

e: Jason Kenney and Jason Copping are blaming Trudeau for not getting them enough rapid tests, even after saying they only shipped 500,000 of the 2.5 million they had last week.
e2: They just banned dancing, This is footloose all over again!

1) You'll see that Alberta was shipped over 13 million tests, the second most of all the provinces only behind Ontario, of which about 15% are accounted for. https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms/testing/increased-supply.html

2) Only dancing not done on a stage, and even then only from the 24th onwards. But they set last call at 11, which is an hour later than the last time they did this Do-si-do.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

StoicRomance posted:

Racist chumped by Mexicans re: skill at entering America illegally. I hope he’s sad!

https://twitter.com/itsdeanblundell/status/1478570105126756354?s=21

It gets even better.

https://twitter.com/ARCCollective/status/1478555949988081665

TL,DR is he was trying to get over the border to claim political asylum, April LaJune (SovCit scammer, among others) was on her way to pick him up, season-related hilarity ensues. Basically he tried trekking without supplies, LaJune called in the authorities to find him. He's in US custody and frostbitten. She's probably in as much trouble as Kay JayJay: Helping a fugitive from the law cross the border into the States? That's at least conspiracy to commit a crime right there. It's been pointed out that she's a supporter of the 3%ers, which could get her in trouble up here since they were declared a terrorist group last summer. All in all, a satisfying early January.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Debating which craft beers the Keg should sell is a time-honoured CanPol tradition.

Agreed. We all know it should be Granville Island btw.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

To heap insult on top of injury, the (non refundable, mind you) fees involved with applying for such an appeal are not trivial either: $50 fee if the fine involved is up to $299, and $150 if it's $300 or over. I know that there's been an uptick in people opting to stop by the courthouse to talk to someone about their ticket and try to save a few bucks (gee, some people have more discretionary time during business hours for some odd reason...) but this seems more punitive and presumptive of guilt than anything.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 10, 2022

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Well this is a loving fantastic sign of things to come:
https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1486140174857867266

A whole lot of coke-fueled crazy packed into 4 minutes. I'm just loving done at this point. You know what, just let them be plague rats, go anywhere, do anything their shriveled little hearts and smooth brains can conjure up. Just leave the rest of us alone. I'm reaching PT6A levels of disgust, scorn, and rapidly increasing hatred for these selfish toddlers.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Powershift posted:

Kenney's leadership review is also April 9th so he has those still breathing crazies to appease too.

FTFY.

Their bleating of "It's just the flu! The numbers are inflated! PLANDEMIC!!!" notwithstanding, the unvaxxinated are majority currently suffering major symptoms and are packing the ICUs to the rafters. No matter what happens in the coming months they're going to be a dying breed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

One aspect that hasn't gotten much coverage or consideration: Insurance. A lot of those vehicles are commercial, and aren't being used for what they're supposed to be registered for. I read a thread this morning that covers the issues.
https://twitter.com/TraceyKent/status/1488917909036490754