Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
What I wish the Blazers would do this offseason:
  • Hire Wes Unseld Jr.
  • Figure out a way to flip CJ and/or Nurk for Myles Turner :allears: I feel like the Pacers are motivated to move him or Sabonis and I'm sure they'd rather it be Turner. CJ's a proven scorer and probably an All-Star in the East, Nurkic has one year remaining at $12M and surely would have value to the right team. Some combination of those two guys plus DJJ's expiring plus Simons or Little if you have to I guess.
  • Use the cap room to sign Powell. I'm such a sucker for ill-advised, silky-smooth midrange Js and CJ is one of my favorite players all-time as a result, but it's not working. Powell's a better defender, gets to the line more consistently, better fit alongside Dame.
  • Pair Dame/Norm with Turner as a top-tier defensive C and fill in the gaps from there. Olshey's been really good at pulling 7-8-9 rotation guys off the scrap-heap, roll the dice on depth and roll with Dame/Norm/Turner core.

What the Blazers will actually do this offseason:
  • none of this happens
  • we run it back with Billups
  • 49 wins and another first-round loss
  • one year from now everyone is again worried about Dame leaving, except this time the concerns are totally legitimate

also footnote that I agree CJ's contract is not some untradeable albatross. Yeah he had some lovely games in the first-round, as did like 3/4 of the roster. He'll still be good for 20-25 ppg through the end of his contract, can create his own shot, is not some perennial injury concern, great locker-room and community dude. People act like he's some colossal overpay but the contract's generally in line w his performance. Also the downside of maxing his deal != downside of watching him leave and rolling the dice on replacing him, plus pissing off Dame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU