Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Sami Should complete Facemelter
Drac Should channel his inner Sora and attack with the keyblade
Tarro Should Charge
Nem Should Heal Tarro
Charlie Should Entangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Drac Should wait this round
Tarro Should Charge
Nem Should Heal Tarro
Charlie Should Entangle

Pretty close to what Chaosfeather suggests, but I dont want Drac blown up just yet.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

vorebane posted:

Tarro Should Charge
Nem Should Heal Tarro
Charlie Should Entangle

Pretty close to what Chaosfeather suggests, but I dont want Drac blown up just yet.

Agreed. Drac should wait until next time to strike or it'll be 3 on 1

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Plan Vorebane

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

vorebane posted:

Tarro Should Charge
Nem Should Heal Tarro
Charlie Should Entangle

Don't want Drac's face to be melted as well.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

vorebane posted:

Tarro Should Charge
Nem Should Heal Tarro
Charlie Should Entangle

This sounds good.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Drac waits.

TARRO uses CHARGE!

Hits for normal damage! Troll loses 50% HP!

Sami completes her FACEMELTER!

Troll # 5 is destroyed!

Troll #4 is knocked down! Troll #6 takes damage!

Nem uses HEAL on Tarro!

Tarro is healed to full!

Charlie uses ENTANGLE!

Entangle will hit next turn!

NEW TURN

DRAC is allowed to move first as he has the surprise!

• Keysword – Drac will smack an enemy with his keysword, doing 20% damage.
• Showboat – Drac will taunt and showboat. He’s got no defence during this but it has a 20% chance of distracting each enemy (gaining their aggro and next attack) and a guaranteed chance of obtaining one enemy’s aggro. Done from a Surprise it has double the effect.
• Teleport – Drac can short-range, line-of-sight teleport. Teleporting causes enemies to instantly lose sight (and aggro) of him. His next attack counts as a Surprise Attack.

Charlie will complete ENTANGLE

It will entangle Troll #1

Sami acts next!

• Pyrotechnic Facemelter – Sami will play an explosive riff that strikes the enemy back row. The focus of the blast has a 50% chance of being destroyed, and 4-6 enemies around the blast will take damage and have to roll to keep their footing. Slammed enemies can knock down others. This riff takes 2 turns to complete.
• Ring of Fire – Sami will play a quick riff that will surround someone with a ring of fire
• Pyro Riff – Sami will play a quick riff that will blast a single enemy with explosive force. The victim must roll to remain standing, with a chance of being knocked into another enemy. It has a 25% chance of instantly destroying the target.

Nem acts next!

• Drain – Nem will drain a single target of 50% of its life force; this energy can then be redistributed to an ally.
• Murder – Nem will drain 4-6 enemies for 25% of their life force; this can be redistributed to an ally.
• Charm – Nem can attempt to charm a target. On simple minded creatures like rock troll minions she can completely control them; on more complex creatures she can only confuse them. It takes Nem 1 turn to charm a target. Nem can only affect a single complex creature, but she can ‘reprogram’ a simple one to turn on its allies – but this takes one turn. Charm is a sustained effort to keep a target confused, but simple creatures can be controlled directly.

The TROLLS will act next:
Troll #1 is DAMAGED will be ENTANGLED
Troll #2 is BADLY DAMAGED will get to its feet.
Troll #3 is DAMAGED and will ATTACK TARRO
Troll #4 is DAMAGED and will get to its feet.
Troll #5 has been destroyed.
Troll #6 is DAMAGED but cannot act.

Last, TARRO will act!

• Charge – Tarro will charge into his target, slamming them for 50%. Only very large enemies can resist being sent flying.
• Crush –Tarro will grab an enemy and crush them to death with all four of his arms. This does 2x damage per turn and has no impact on his armour.
• Block – Tarro is exceptionally well armoured and he can block for a turn. During this time just about no attack will penetrate.
• Bite – Tarro will grab an enemy and bite them, inflicting 25% damage. This inflicts bleeding on enemies that are susceptible.
• Slam – Tarro will grab an enemy and hurl them into another (or the ground) knocking them both down.

Please select an action for each character; specify Troll target.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

DRAC- Showboat those bitches
Sami- Pyro Riff troll #3
Nem- Murderize trolls
TARRO- Slam a standing troll into another

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

By popular demand posted:

Sami- Pyro Riff troll #3
Nem- Murderize trolls

+1 :getin:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Sami- Pyro Riff troll #3
Nem- Murderize trolls

:yeah:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Drac- Keysword 6
Sami- Riff 6 (or 4 if Drac killed)
Nem- Murderize trolls

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Slaan posted:

Drac- Keysword 6
Nem- Murderize trolls

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Slaan posted:

Drac- Keysword 6
Nem- Murderize trolls
TARRO- HAMWAM!!! (Hit A Motherfucker With Another Motherfucker)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Sami- Pyro Riff troll #3
Nem- Murderize trolls

+1 Plan by popular demand has popular demand!!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Drac uses SHOWBOAT!

He gets the attention of Troll #6!

Sami uses her RIFF!

It destroys Troll #3

Nem uses MURDER!

It destroys Troll #2, and damages trolls 1, 4 and 6!

Troll #6 is the only one who can act.
Troll #6 swings at Drac!

Drac is hit! He is injured!

Tarro attempts to Slam the troll!

Troll evades!

NEW ROUND

The trolls are clearly badly damaged and slowing down.

SAMI acts first!
• Pyrotechnic Facemelter – Sami will play an explosive riff that will hit all enemies this round and will finish them. This riff takes 2 turns to complete.
• Pyro Riff – Sami will play a quick riff that will blast a single enemy with explosive force. The victim must roll to remain standing, with a chance of being knocked into another enemy. It has a 25% chance of instantly destroying the target.

NEM acts second!
• Drain – Nem will drain a single target of 50% of its life force; this energy can then be redistributed to an ally.
• Murder – Nem will drain 4-6 enemies for 25% of their life force; this can be redistributed to an ally.
• Heal – Nem can heal Drac or just retain her charge.
• Charm – Nem can attempt to charm a target. It takes Nem 1 turn to charm a target. Nem can only affect a single complex creature, but she can ‘reprogram’ a simple one to turn on its allies – but this takes one turn. Charm is a sustained effort to keep a target confused, but simple creatures can be controlled directly.

TARRO acts third!
• Charge – Tarro will charge into his target, slamming them for 50%. Only very large enemies can resist being sent flying.
• Crush –Tarro will grab an enemy and crush them to death with all four of his arms. This does 2x damage per turn and has no impact on his armour.
• Block – Tarro is exceptionally well armoured and he can block for a turn. During this time just about no attack will penetrate.
• Bite – Tarro will grab an enemy and bite them, inflicting 25% damage. This inflicts bleeding on enemies that are susceptible.
• Slam – Tarro will grab an enemy and hurl them into another (or the ground) knocking them both down.

CHARLIE acts fourth!
• Pounce – Charlie will leap onto an enemy, striking it with all her limbs at once. This is a devastating attack that does 4x damage (16x damage by surprise) but it takes two turns to perform (except when the party has the surprise).
• Crush – Charlie will grab an enemy and attempt to crush it to death using all her limbs. Her defence drops sharply to do this but the attack does x2 damage per turn.
• Poison – Charlie will attempt to inflict poison an enemy. Does not work on heavily armoured foes.
• Entangle – Charlie will use her silk to create an entangling web. It takes 2 turns to perform and requires massive strength to escape.
• Slam – Charlie will grab an enemy and hurl it into another (or the ground) knocking them both down.

DRAC acts fifth!
• Keysword – Drac will smack an enemy with his keysword, doing 20% damage.
• Showboat – Drac will taunt and showboat. He’s got no defence during this but it has a 20% chance of distracting each enemy (gaining their aggro and next attack) and a guaranteed chance of obtaining one enemy’s aggro. Done from a Surprise it has double the effect.
• Teleport – Drac can short-range, line-of-sight teleport. Teleporting causes enemies to instantly lose sight (and aggro) of him. His next attack counts as a Surprise Attack.

The TROLLS act last! There are only 3 standing now (1, 4 and 6) and all three are badly damaged.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sami - Pyro Riff #1
Nem - Drain #4 and heal Drac
Tarro - Slam #4
Charlie - Slam #6
Drac - Keysword #6

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Sami - Pyro Riff #1
Nem - Heal Drac
Tarro - Slam #4
Charlie - Slam #6
Drac - Keysword #6

Mop 'em up!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Space Kablooey posted:

Sami - Pyro Riff #1
Tarro - Slam #4
Charlie - Slam #6
Drac - Keysword #6

+1 let's finish this.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Space Kablooey posted:

Sami - Pyro Riff #1
Tarro - Slam #4
Charlie - Slam #6
Drac - Keysword #6

+1 KABLOOEY

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Space Kablooey posted:

Sami - Pyro Riff #1
Tarro - Slam #4
Charlie - Slam #6
Drac - Keysword #6

+1

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Geemer posted:

Sami - Pyro Riff #1
Nem - Heal Drac
Tarro - Slam #4
Charlie - Slam #6
Drac - Keysword #6

Mop 'em up!

+1

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sami's PYRO RIFF CRITS!

Two trolls are incinerated!

The final troll is critically injured and no match against the band and is quickly dispatched without any incident.

Combat is over!

The destroyed trolls smolder as lime dust and smoke seeps out of their broken bodies. Igor take the opportunity to examine the corpses.

Igor: I think this one's brain could be salvageable. The Doctor might be able to glean some of its final memories, give me a few and I can have it out in a jiffy.

Nem: Perhaps we could avoid desecrating the corpse of the poor soul and focus on the task at hand?

Igor: We could, but there's things that just don't add up to a regular human/monster dispute. The longer we wait on brains, the harder it's gonna be to get any info from them and it's been ages since I got to do some dissection.

Nem: I think we should make haste, we have a job to do.

Sami: If there's a third party messing with things we should be on our guard. They could be letting us do all the heavy lifting. I don't think they're gonna come after us, but they might muck with poo poo while we're busy. We could maybe skip the morgue work but we might want to grab what we can now before someone else does. We need clues, but someone else might want to hide evidence.

On reflection, they decide:

1. Nem is right; move forward into the Troll King's Lair proper and eliminate the Troll King while they still have the advantage and worry about clues after the major threat is put down.
2. Let Igor extract the brain, gather up some of the broken items and maybe do some quick forensics before venturing into the Troll's Lair.
3. Skip the extraction, but scoop up some of the stuff here before going into the Troll's Lair.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

2. Get them brains! We don't wanna end up doing someone else's dirty work.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

2 Brains!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

1 keep the trolls surprised for now

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Braaaaiiins

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Brain Get!

Igor makes quick work of the brain extraction. Nem keeps watch towards the Troll's lair while Drac keeps a listen for more trouble. Tarro regards Igor's work with curiosity. Charlie is laying down strands of silk around the area, while Sami gathers up the broken electronics and weapons parts.

Drac hisses: Like, I'm pretty sure there's someone else down here. Smaller than trolls, and they're like keeping their distance.

Sami nods.

Sami: Looks like I was right then. Also check this out -- these are pieces of a dowsing spike. Humans use this to avoid trespassing in supernatural territory. The spike would have tipped off anyone working here that they were in someone else's territory way before getting this close to the lair. The papers we found on the office corpse points to the fact that the workers were getting wise to the danger, but if they were using spikes they shouldn't have pissed the trolls off at all. These things are too damaged to say for sure but I bet they were sabotaged.

NEW CLUE:
- Sabotaged dowsing spikes?

Igor pops the brain into her storage.

Igor: We found out that Karmemuse was hoarding goblin cobalt, someone died trying to shred evidence that the workers knew they were in danger, and if those dowsing spikes were sabotaged then everything points to an inside job.

Sami: It's goddamn stupid though. They really didn't think poo poo would hit the fan once the trolls got pissed?

Tarro: The silo withstood the troll attack.

Sami: Everyone running the shadows knows you don't poo poo in your own yard. Is Karmemuse really that stupid? Because even if this city isn't big enough to get military help it's still going to be drawing way too much attention.

Igor taps the now brainless corpse.

Igor: I agree, something is definitely not adding up right, hopefully this hunter's last moments will help. We might want to pay another visit to that corpse dump as well.

Nem: First thing's first though. We end the troll king, and that should put a stop to any more poor souls dying needlessly.

What should the band do next?

1. Sami: Something stinks worse than corpse dump, and we're not alone. I trust Drac's senses and we need to find out whoever's following us.

2. Nem: Let's finish what we've started first and end the Troll King.

3. Igor: The trolls killed one of the lot behind this, so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to finish them. They're not allies but they're a threat to whoever's trying to cover their tracks as well as us. Let's double back and get clues.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The trolls haven't actually attacked outside the quarry, right?

Try to capture whoever's stalking us

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We can't take on the Troll King if we have to watch for knives in our back. Find Drac's tiny followers

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Let's snag whoever's creeping on us.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Get the sneaky sneak

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Catch a stalker!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:henget:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:bandwagon:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

1. Sami: Something stinks worse than corpse dump, and we're not alone. I trust Drac's senses and we need to find out whoever's following us.

Sami: My people are used to being followed by security, so just leave this to me to turn the tables.

Charlie: Already laid out trip webbing.

Sami is caught off guard for a moment while Charlie smiles playfully.

Charlie: You ain’t the only one who’s gotta watch her back.

Sami: OK… thanks Charlie. So OK, you guys make yourselves scarce. Drac, Charlie and I are gonna hang back for an ambush.

Igor: You gonna be all right?

Sami: Pft, I doubt these chucklefucks are packing the right kind of heat to take any one of us out, nevermind three of us. Especially Charlie. But Nem clops, Tarro thumps like an elephant, and you’re not exactly light on your feet either Ms. Lugosi.

Igor: I’m carrying a drat integrated organ transport unit on my back.

Sami: I’m not trying to be a bitch, I’m saying you all loud as gently caress. Great for rock, lovely for ambushes. You’ll know when we got ‘em when you hear the ring of fire.

Nem pouts.
Nem: I don’t clop.

Sami: You totally clop. You clippity cloppity and it’s adorable but it sucks in caves for getting the drop on people.

With the three band members ready for ambush, the rest of the crew move a short distance into the trolls’ lair until they’re out of sight where they wait, but it’s not long before Sami’s guitar howls and the flash of fire is heard. When the band regroups, Sami, Drac and Charlie have a group of four humanoids in hoodies and masks bound together in spider’s silk.

Sami: Easy. Aight wannabes, what’s the deal following a bunch of cool monsters into a den of rear end in a top hat monsters?

The four remain silent.

Drac: Like I’d talk man, they’re crazy.

Igor gestures to Sami to huddle up while Drac and Charlie keep an eye on the captives.

Sami: So, how you wanna play this?

Igor: Well technically we don’t need them alive to get our answers.

Nem: Ms. Igor, er… Igor. Regardless of their intentions we have no idea who we’re dealing with. If the wrong people go missing our first night here it will make a poor first impression.

Igor: Good point Nem. And speaking of impressions, we could always have you charm the pants off them.

Nem: That seems extremely inappropriate.

Igor: It’s a figure of speech, Nem.

Nem: Oh. See, I probably could get them to undress, and I thought you wanted to search them that way.

Igor pauses.

Igor: Actually that’s not a bad idea.

Nem appears to immediate regret revealing this information, going by her drooping ears and crinkled nose.

Tarro: We could appeal to reason, that coming forward would be the best chance for their immortal souls.

Igor: That’s a good idea, why don’t you try that and send Drac back here.

Igor shakes her head as Tarro saunters away.

Drac: So like, I’m guess’n you wanted to talk interrogation with me, since Tarro is like… nuts?

Igor: Yeah. You can’t do any vampire hypnosis stuff anymore, can you?

Drac: Like, you can’t hypnotize people into doing anything they don’t really want to.

Igor: Eh, fair. What’s your take on them?

Drac: I think they’re like, cultists.

Igor: Cultists?

Drac: Like TOTAL cultists, man. You know who would follow some freaky monsters, into the lair of killer monsters, then like watch them beat the crap out of the killer monsters and like, STILL follow them? CULTISTS. Like nobody else is that dumb.

Sami: He’s got a point. Monster hunters would be scavenging troll parts for bounty, and not even cops are that dumb.

Nem: I may or may not be able to break their conditioning, but I would advise against kidnapping strangers. If we cannot get them to speak, we’d best leave them somewhere safe and then release them on our way out. I’ll ask the crows to watch them for us.

Sami: Look we definitely don’t want them running around reporting back. The castle’s got a dungeon, right? They can stick around for awhile. Idiots who go into monster lairs tend to disappear permanently, we’re just going to hold them for a bit. Also I don’t think we should just leave them here if we want information later in case some trolls stumble across them and do a wine making impression or they have more friends we haven’t found yet. If we’re going to interrogate them, we need to take them back to the castle NOW.

Igor: We don’t actually need them alive, we just need a brain if they don’t talk. Or at least make sure they realize that we don’t actually need them alive so the more convenient they are the less we have to rely on the heavy tools. I say hide them, get the Troll King, and pick them up on the way back.

The band should:
1. Go with Nem’s suggestion – if she can’t CHARM them, hide them somewhere and then release them after taking care of the Troll King to avoid soiling the band’s reputation. This could go bad if they have more friends or if the trolls find them and stomp them into jelly.
2. Go with Sami’s suggestion – there could be other cultists or trolls about. Take the captured interlopers back to the castle. The Troll King will have to wait for now. You’ll be sacrificing surprise for information.
3. Igor’s plan – interrogate them now, and if they don’t talk pop a brain out of one and get the others on the way back after dealing with the troll king. This will sully the band’s reputation for sure if the others escape or are released later, and will raise suspicion about the band regardless. Also Tarro will be unhappy. (Nem seems to understand the necessity)

Smik fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 20, 2022

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

So Tarro wasn't persuasive.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nem is the best bet

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Sami Gets my vote.