Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

It was me! I did it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1616154715552727041?t=ZVjmk-nZtctzkq3uN1WgYA&s=19

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1616149955022032896

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

NeatHeteroDude posted:

It was me! I did it!

time to send this dog to a farm upstate

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol robbing from Little Isreal to supply the Nazis in Big Isreal

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

why would anyone gas the thread for jimmy dore, host of the jimmy dore show...

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the liberal thesis that a private corporation unilaterally controlling speech on social media will protect us from nazis on social media is once again tested
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1616188396887543810

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sounds fake. What ammo is the navy even sharing with what we supply to Ukraine?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

they're reminding the marines of their place as the navy's army

alternatively it's because the actually good anti-air missiles are all navy and they're going to start dipping into them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

cbo is the new Crowsbeak

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

take away his Twitter

make it sting

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the first line in the thread you guys told me to post in is about not calling a gay man with adopted children a groomer

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

cbo is the new Crowsbeak
i think it would actually be this thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

comedyblissoption posted:

the first line in the thread you guys told me to post in is about not calling a gay man with adopted children a groomer

comedyblissoption posted:

i think it would actually be this thread

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Danann posted:

they're reminding the marines of their place as the navy's army

alternatively it's because the actually good anti-air missiles are all navy and they're going to start dipping into them

Maybe the Navy's Army's Navy's Air force is running out of missiles

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mastershakeman posted:

Bullets, grenades and autocannon ammo I suppose. I think a bit of their anti air missiles on smaller craft are man portable stuff.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Weka posted:

Bullets, grenades and autocannon ammo I suppose. I think a bit of their anti air missiles on smaller craft are man portable stuff.

False. Autocannons are part of the special tanks space marines use. Too advanced for the navy

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

has tucker ever had glenn on to talk about brazil?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

has tucker ever had glenn on to talk about brazil?

who cares

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Sorry wrong thread

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Its me. I care!!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Its me. I care!!

settle down taylor swift

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

settle down taylor swift

i can regale you with a story about how I used to dislike taylor swift until I watched a concert on Netflix or something with my wife. just doing lots of insane poo poo like being craned around the area, having a 40 foot snake come out of the ground, making the stage get 10 times bigger somehow. can't imagine how long it took to set up and tear down

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

whoops, forgot not to do that. but i like t swift's concerts and can't really be bothered to listen to/remember any of her music

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

NeatHeteroDude posted:

i can regale you with a story about how I used to dislike taylor swift until I watched a concert on Netflix or something with my wife. just doing lots of insane poo poo like being craned around the area, having a 40 foot snake come out of the ground, making the stage get 10 times bigger somehow. can't imagine how long it took to set up and tear down

wow, the roadies do all that work and you give all the credit to taylor? concerning.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

cbo is the new Crowsbeak

While I don't quite understand why he posts so many tweets, cbo is absolutely not like Crowsbeak. cbo is usually correct and also sometimes deliberately trying to rile up some of the worst people (in this case "people who get really mad about Glenn Greenwald or Jimmy Dore"), so it doesn't bother me.

And the most important thing is that cbo is chill when he posts things. It's the difference between "friend who messages you a bunch of links just because they feel like it" and "friend who messages you a bunch of links and gets pissy if you don't respond to them."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

While I don't quite understand why he posts so many tweets, cbo is absolutely not like Crowsbeak. cbo is usually correct and also sometimes deliberately trying to rile up some of the worst people (in this case "people who get really mad about Glenn Greenwald or Jimmy Dore"), so it doesn't bother me.

And the most important thing is that cbo is chill when he posts things. It's the difference between "friend who messages you a bunch of links just because they feel like it" and "friend who messages you a bunch of links and gets pissy if you don't respond to them."

Agreed

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

Didn’t read

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Neither did Crowsbeak.

It was really uncomfortable watching them repeat some talking point they heard on youtube to try to own someone and immediately find themselves over their head. I read a lot more because I'm terrified of that happening to me.

"Global Economy Report" is like that Municipal Roundtable joke from the Simpson's episode where Homer skipped church.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Greg Legg posted:

Neither did Crowsbeak.

It was really uncomfortable watching them repeat some talking point they heard on youtube to try to own someone and immediately find themselves over their head. I read a lot more because I'm terrified of that happening to me.

"Global Economy Report" is like that Municipal Roundtable joke from the Simpson's episode where Homer skipped church.

Crowsbeak was just a fascinating example of the type who actually fell into the YouTube rabbit hole and radicalized in an absolutely bizarre way and while I’m glad they’re gone it was something to watch happen in real time

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This rocks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Zenz

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Don't worry any of the reports that he gets money from American intelligence is just Fake News

Lol this is their source on that claim

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2022/08/chinese-disinformation-group-targeted-pelosis-taiwan-visit/375377/

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s funny because ime people just absolutely reflexively trust wikipedia. Idk why. I feel like even ten years ago people were always cautioning to be skeptical but these days people think reading the wiki makes them a subject matter expert

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s funny because ime people just absolutely reflexively trust wikipedia. Idk why. I feel like even ten years ago people were always cautioning to be skeptical but these days people think reading the wiki makes them a subject matter expert

they used to say this in college but I never got it because I was a lib. if it sounded smart to me and referenced people who sounded smart to me then it was objectively smart ergo I was objectively smart to use it. lol and lmao

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think its because more people are online now than they were 10-15 years ago. Every single one of these people that said that now believe the most outlandish poo poo they saw some crank on the internet churn out.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

wait it says he's a fluent mandarin speaker?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

crepeface posted:

wait it says he's a fluent mandarin speaker?

lol, he most certainly is not

he had to ask his twitter followers to translate the characters on the supposed detainees jackets

https://twitter.com/adrianzenz/status/1175499119139405824

Comrade Koba has issued a correction as of 13:51 on Jan 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

The fluent Mandarin speaker spent months pouring over thousands of documents from obscure corners of the Chinese internet to join the dots to create a fuller picture of what was happening in one of the most closely guarded places on earth.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/03/meet-man-china-taking-desperate-measures-silence/

are you saying the telegraph lied to me