Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i started deadly premonition 2 and it is very strong out of the gate. i recommend going in blind but here’s the deal

it’s 2018, morgan has terminal brain cancer and has been retired from the bureau for six years. he’s spent that entire time sitting in his apartment smoking weed and watching movies. he looks like a total freakshow and has become an even bigger rear end in a top hat than he was in dp1. you play a sassy southern fbi agent named aaliyah, who hates weed and repeatedly refers to it as his “stinking indulgence.” she is also stridently anti-clock for some reason and believes we should tell time only by observing the sky

anyway we’re off to a great start. it looks a lot better than the first game too. still kind of lovely but they’re making it work. the black outlines do a lot of heavy lifting but the colors are also a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Chaos is a lie

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Some people just wanna see the Chaos burn.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

some guys just wanna kill chaos

Guys only want one thing and it's disgusting

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A man chooses, a Chaos obeys

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Weedle posted:

i started deadly premonition 2 and it is very strong out of the gate. i recommend going in blind but here’s the deal

it’s 2018, morgan has terminal brain cancer and has been retired from the bureau for six years. he’s spent that entire time sitting in his apartment smoking weed and watching movies. he looks like a total freakshow and has become an even bigger rear end in a top hat than he was in dp1. you play a sassy southern fbi agent named aaliyah, who hates weed and repeatedly refers to it as his “stinking indulgence.” she is also stridently anti-clock for some reason and believes we should tell time only by observing the sky

anyway we’re off to a great start. it looks a lot better than the first game too. still kind of lovely but they’re making it work. the black outlines do a lot of heavy lifting but the colors are also a lot better

this game has some non-gameplay related issues

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hi folks, regional sent me over. i'm just here to kill chaos. i'm gonna need a conference room for about 3 hours but other than that pretend i'm not here, i don't wanna get in your way.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Barotrauma is a pretty great game.

Usually get to play a little with my besties after we finish our weekly Thursday quiz and the new update brought ghost submarines that have enemies shoot weird tendrils at you and pull your sub to theirs. Coincidentally this is how our sub got wrecked yesterday. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VideoGames will lead us to Chaos

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Where I try to add up numbers and perform complex mathematical calculations (and simple ones) there is chaos.
Come do maths with me if you want chaotical times!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

they're just hanging out in their garden, its not a big deal

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Trailer didn't contain enough threats from Garland re: knocking them all down imho

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Trailer didn't contain enough threats from Garland re: knocking them all down imho

This bad meme translation erasure is hosed up, I agree. At least there’s always the clip of Garland/Vegeta’s voice actor saying it...

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

homeless snail posted:

they're just hanging out in their garden, its not a big deal

[looks at printout]

Well, it says here I'm supposed to kill Chaos...not sure what these little guys have ever done to anyone but hey, they don't pay me to ask questions

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

didn't they announce saints row 2 remastered for free for people who owned it, whatever happened to it

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Rarity posted:

What are you suggesting and does it rhyme with Shmatelier? :thunkher:

rorona 4 lyfe

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Idk if they changed this for royale, but they have a "this kid is gonna get raped by some gays" joke.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tithin posted:

didn't they announce saints row 2 remastered for free for people who owned it, whatever happened to it

it was always a side project they were working on while focusing on their new saints row title. also the main guy behind it, idolninja, recently found out hes going to die from cancer sometime soon so that probably is affecting it somewhat

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

noooooooo

Idolninja ruled, this is a travesty

I'm guessing he doesn't post here anymore

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
To win the game you must kill me, Chaos Romero

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Idk if they changed this for royale, but they have a "this kid is gonna get raped by some gays" joke.

They did. It’s now this kid is being pressured into doing drag by two gay guys which is… still pretty uncomfortable if I’m honest.

I love the game but boy does it have some rough edges.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going back to the story in Okami which means... more liveposting!

ISSUN NO DON'T LEAVE ME :cry:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I only have access to vanilla P5, and feeling a little FOMO about it, please help me by assuring me that the Royal changes aren’t THAT significant

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god he's not worthy this is heartbreaking :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I only have access to vanilla P5, and feeling a little FOMO about it, please help me by assuring me that the Royal changes aren’t THAT significant

Royal's changes are fairly subtle for most of the game, but there is a whole extra story arc at the end that is really, really good. Royal does make some things in the base game meaningfully better, especially the Mementos dungeon and a couple of the endgame dungeons, has some new features in the persona fusion system, and adds some extra social content, but its biggest changes are that extra story arc and the new story elements that set it up.

That said I played both versions of the game and loved them both so I think vanilla P5 is still worth playing if it's what you've got.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 18, 2021

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

p5 is so good

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Dread announcement finally has me hunting down the Metroid games I never played. I've gotten ahold of Zero Mission and Fusion--what's the best way to experience 1 and 2? They're on Switch Online right, or should i hunt down the remake(s)?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

zero mission is the metroid 1 remake and 2 isn't good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I really really liked the upgrades Royal made even just to the base game outside of the bonus semester. But, that can be a great excuse to come back to the game after a year or two. A lot of the changes are sort of what I would describe as victory lap. Like, tons of overpowered gear that trivializes a lot of the game if you're willing to use it (the accessory you get from the third boss makes you invincible), you can crank up the exp/money/drop rates, there's a bunch of new busted skills like the ability to cast charge onto party members, stuff like that. By far the easiest SMT game, even on the hardest difficulty, but combined with all the other stuff it feels like a version of the game for people who already enjoyed the original

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

sounds good enough to me. zero it is!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How many save files in a jrpg do you guys keep

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm towards the end of December of P5R, and at 100 hours. I cannot imagine ever playing this game again. Y'all are something for replaying this game multiple times.

I've kept a single save file for my duration because yolo (technically I have a second that is dozens of hours old that I made by accident)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Jay Rust posted:

3 rotating saves with a extra save after every 'chapter' break

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

One, I like to live life on the edge

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CubeTheory posted:

3 rotating saves with a extra save after every 'chapter' break

That's my typical process after having a Dragon's Dogma save go haywire and hit an unwindable state

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I've kept a single save file for my duration because yolo

I'd be more likely to yolo if soft lock states weren't a thing sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If a game gives you unlimited saves I tend to make 10+ and rotate them. I never actually load anything other than my most recent one though unless I'm soft locked which hasn't happened in the last ten years.