Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

My fiancée plays Olivia Rodrigo constantly now and some of those songs do indeed slap

She’ll teach that guy to date someone else after her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Xenoblade X is cool but not really worth hunting down a WiiU for. Emulate if you can if you're able to get into its particular brand of rough first pass at an OW game. Personally I'm just gonna hope they iterate on it one way or another between "main" Xenoblade type games again. Hopefully streamlined a bit and with a set protagonist (on their current site page MonoSoft even just puts Elma there next to Kos-Mos, Shulk, and Rex).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Motto posted:

Xenoblade X is cool but not really worth hunting down a WiiU for. Emulate if you can if you're able to get into its particular brand of rough first pass at an OW game. Personally I'm just gonna hope they iterate on it one way or another between "main" Xenoblade type games again. Hopefully streamlined a bit and with a set protagonist (on their current site page MonoSoft even just puts Elma there next to Kos-Mos, Shulk, and Rex).

Yeah Cemu can play it at 60fps with no issues. I play the game on a Wii U, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you already have that system.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've considered digging out my Wii U and giving XBX a good honest shot again

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

CubeTheory posted:

here is my completely unbiased opinion: it is the best game ever made.

If you don't know there is a remaster of it coming out in a few weeks and it's definitely worth a look. It plays a lot like an old brawler, a la Streets of Rage, but with interesting RPG systems and a ton of fun and delightful characters that have some incredible dialogue. The environments look great and the music is absolutely phenomenal, composed by Yoko Shimomura of Kingdom Hearts and Xenoblade, two games also known for their music.

Sounds all right, I'll keep an eye out for remaster

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

man i really hate that the palestine bundle on itchio just dumps literally everything into the library. the racial inequality one didn't do that, so i wasn't prepared to suddenly find my library flooded with hundreds of things i didn't have an interest in, i expected to be able to vet it like the previous one. the fact itchio's library system has literally no search/filter/organization functionality just makes it even more obnoxious.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people complained about the blm bundle not doing that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never buy more than like two games at once and try not to buy any more until at least one of them is finished idk if I could handle the world of pc bundles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played one game and a half out of that blm one, still good value

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually it’s good. Sorry.

Good things about xenoblade 2:

-pyra is cute
-so is mythra
-kinda interesting to play but also pretty badly explained

Probably more but thats what I've got so far

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Malos is cool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Acerbatus posted:

Good things about xenoblade 2:

-pyra is cute
-so is mythra
-kinda interesting to play but also pretty badly explained

Probably more but thats what I've got so far

Checks out so far. Forgot about Nia tho, and that stings.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hmmmm. Don’t read this post, spoilers about the game of life

Two years ago my therapist said I should try and get outside and make some friends now that I’m not cripplingly depressed in a way that caused me to sever every relationship with every person I’ve ever known in real life, and so I went to the only thing I thought I’d be able to meaningfully engage with other people at - an anime convention. I have a nice camera and thought I’d be able to go to some photoshoots and offer to take pictures for people, and I did and it was fun, but at the end of the day it didn’t really accomplish the friend thing. A few people followed me on Instagram but that was about it. Obviously, last year got in the way, but I went to that same anime convention today after seeing pictures of people having fun and drinking and I said, that looks fun I want to do that. I’ve started working from home after not going outside except to work for the last year and I was like you know what this will make me feel better.

It did what is casually referred to as the opposite. It’s way smaller this time around and without the free entry into conversation that having a camera gave me (no group photoshoots this year) I have absolutely no idea how to socialize with people even when I have actual things in common with them. 99% of people here are with a group of friends and are not interested in some random person inserting themself into that group, but I feel like if I can’t make it work here, where else could I possibly make this work at? My coworker at my last job who was two years younger than me was buying a house and has a kid and a wife and he asks me how my weekend is and I’m like “yeah I listened to the Drakengard soundtrack and tried to identify orchestral samples they used.” I live in a small rural town so it’s already slim pickings in terms of friends with similar hobbies, and college was really great until we all got told to leave and never come back and we wouldn’t even get to go to a graduation. But now I’m super bummed because I feel like this is a preview of the rest of my life where I’m never leaving my house and I’ve hit the point where I was supposed to have my social situation solved and have already had all the experiences that I see other people having at the con. Basically I feel like I hosed up my stat build irl and it’s unfixable.

The one thing that made me feel good was a ripped guy in a Gawr Gura wig and swimsuit and I called him a king and we high fived, then I saw him later with his girlfriend who had a matching wig and outfit

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You don't happen to live in Ohio or eastern Indiana, do ya?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

well i was gonna post "hi i spent 3.5 days in the hospital watching golden girls, getting my appendix removed, and getting diagnosed with endometriosis, what'd i miss" but i see that can get you probated so i shall refrain

i'm gonna work on my gamer grid though

oh my god!! what a week you must be having! I hope you can feel better soon!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hatty posted:

Malos is cool

When I played XBC2 I was confused why Malos and his crew looked way different in design from everyone else until I learned they were designed by Nomura lol.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The one thing that made me feel good was a ripped guy in a Gawr Gura wig and swimsuit and I called him a king and we high fived, then I saw him later with his girlfriend who had a matching wig and outfit

drat that rules. Sorry about the other stuff.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I’m in a similar boat* to you, though I’m older I think. I moved here five years ago and although I’ve made some friends, it’s been a struggle to make IRL friends with the same interests who aren’t much younger or chuds.

It’s hard to make friends after college. But keep at it though, it sounds like you’re doing the right kind of stuff.

* Some people might say “what? You’re engaged!!” but you can’t expect your partner to be all your socialization for you, especially if they don’t really have the same interests. But I acknowledge this is a big difference between my situation and similar ones.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll play XBX when they finish it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
yeah RDH this doesn't really help but I think what you're talking about is pretty normal. It is tough for sure.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
One weird trick to the game of life is to not compare yourself to other people, everyone is going to live their life in their own way on their own timeline.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

One weird trick to the game of life is to not compare yourself to other people, everyone is going to live their life in their own way on their own timeline.

I'm in 98th place on the leaderboards

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

New Super Metis posted:

oh my god!! what a week you must be having! I hope you can feel better soon!

thank you metis i'm home now and back to Gaming, i'll have to have a very slow week next week but i got FFXIV and that new necromunda game to keep me busy

then i gotta go back and hopefully they can just rip out all my reproductive organs at once and i never have to worry about this bullshit again

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm in 98th place on the leaderboards

That’s pretty high tbh

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

hatty posted:

The only Mana game that I’ve beaten completely was Sword of Mana on GBA. The others I lose interest partway through I’m not sure why.

Hell yeah, I barely remember most of that game but I’m pretty sure it rules. Two protagonists, action combat, some good twists and a Dracula fight.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Grumbles posted:

Hello Prey fans I just got past the whole looking glass thing, which was cool, I've been sent to Psychotropics and now all the enemies have turned blue and are basically impossible to defeat without them killing me first. Am I missing something or is it one of those games? It's really harshing my Prey buzz.

I'm just finished with Psychotropics but you're missing the shotgun.

Go back to the Main Foyer, ground floor, in the south part of the ground floor there's a security station that you can either hack the door to get into, or take an alternate route through the vents to get into (I didn't find this so can't guide you, someone upthread mentioned the restrooms, but I didn't find anything there

Shotgun works on the big lads and it's functionally a requirement to get through Psychotropics.

OTOH If you can muddle your way through Psychotropics without it, there's another shotgun towards the end of that department, but I don't recommend that route as there's a boss fight before it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Stux posted:

boba noooo thats discord mark up lol

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I went to bed after posting that sucks!

Sorry prey fans!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I get it. I don't really have any kind of advice though. I long ago excised everyone from my life other than immediate family, and some of those I would be happy to never deal with again. But I also learned that I'm just not a good friend person, at least in person. I'm too drat selfish and lazy and caught up in my own misery to be a good friend. But I came to grips with that in my 30's, and while my 40's started with Covid it's pretty good.

And like ONE YEAR LATER said, don't compare yourself to other people. Just be yourself and figure out what you want and it'll more or less work itself out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

i think you have to be a pretty strong person already to be able to follow this advice, in which case you wouldn't need to follow it anyway.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
otoh, it can be helpful to realize that there are very many people in a very similar situation to you.

you might even have it better than some others!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

otoh, it can be helpful to realize that there are very many people in a very similar situation to you.

you might even have it better than some others!

I always find campaigns where celebrities talk about being depressed kind of a downer. Is everyone always depressed??

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Acerbatus posted:

I always find campaigns where celebrities talk about being depressed kind of a downer. Is everyone always depressed??

A lot of people are yeah.

Not me though, I am a whirlwind of emotions, a constant spinning top of mania and apathy, ready to destroy everything near and dear to me in a moment's notice.

and an oversharer

and I really like attention.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

I'd hate to be famous. Could you imagine? Any time you left the house you'd have to stop and talk to anyone who recognizes you and take pictures and give autographs and kiss babies or be branded with a bad reputation. Multiply that pressure by maybe 100 if you're female. And gently caress dealing with the paparazzi.

I'll take rich, but fame is a suckers bet.

Also, I'm not always depressed. Maybe. Most of my issues involve money and trying to support my family on the meager amount I make, especially since the State of Maryland has decided that a hair over $20,000 is too much for SNAP benefits for a family of 3 and I actually feed 6 people plus my other expenses. But I'm actually pretty happy when I go to sleep most nights.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 5, 2021

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rinkles posted:

i think you have to be a pretty strong person already to be able to follow this advice, in which case you wouldn't need to follow it anyway.

Well this is after two years of regular therapy so it takes time to get there.

Acerbatus posted:

Yes.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Acerbatus posted:

I'm not sure people are capable of long term happiness.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This seems appropriate to the thread

https://i.imgur.com/x5Scr8k.mp4

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Grumbles posted:

Wrench, Gloo Gun, pistol, nerf gun, and the one that fires the green beam that makes them explode.

I'm impressed you managed to find a laser before a shotgun! but you can def find one where you are in the game and i recommend doing so, it's the best weapon imo

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Zil posted:

This seems appropriate to the thread

https://i.imgur.com/x5Scr8k.mp4

A good video

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

heck, making friends at a convention sounds like a horrifying prospect, I'm way too much of a nervous weenie to even try, so good on you for that! is it going all weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

In addition to a Jojo Part 4 Yakuza game, I would now also like to request a Revolutionary Girl Utena No More Heroes game.