Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would’ve thought that internet folks would be really into liongals but I guess it’s 2021, we want bunnyboys first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Funnily enough, this all happened because the graphics team went behind yoshida's back to work on male Viera in their spare time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yoshi p has some hangups

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im here for anthropomorphic humans, why is there no game catering to my fetish

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Was thinkin bout Seahorses but now I'm wondering if there's any RPG or game where you can to do wain instain mother or father?

Fallout 4 is closest I can think of and you never get to play while pregnant

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stardew Valley you can have a baby, but I think a bird drops it off after you do a magic ritual? (saving myself for marriage in stardew, haven't done it yet)

I didn't play the later Fables beyond but I think you could get pregnant, it was just a cutscene where suddenly baby appears, then starts growing up in a few days.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn’t there a sonic game where sonic gets pregnant?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

........no

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Then what’s with all those fan drawings?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Yoshi p has some hangups

His main hangup is that he doesn't want the poor modeling team working itself to death. They did something similar before ShB's launch where they sat down and hammered out a bunch of hat models for female Viera in their spare time due to overwhelming fan demand.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ffxiv crunched big time up until heavensward released and it was so toxic that it's now company policy that excessive overtime is banned

They seem to really care about the health and sanity of their employees. At least when they aren't on the brink of self-inflicted disasters

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Did a couple more missions in Ace Combat. That'll show Erusea to have radar dishes.

Please post when you reach the final mission. You'll know when you're there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t there a sonic game where sonic gets pregnant?

Sakurazuka posted:

........no

It's only a Sonic Dream

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Since people seem to have missed context, for a little bit this morning a large cdn was down and because of the way the modern internet worked that means half the sites people use weren't working and even some people's emoji which are in the cloud instead of being saved locally for some reason

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The bug ttrpg has a trans caterpillar in it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Since people seem to have missed context, for a little bit this morning a large cdn was down and because of the way the modern internet worked that means half the sites people use weren't working and even some people's emoji which are in the cloud instead of being saved locally for some reason

Ohh. I had heard something about that but I never saw any effects.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There's a mod for Sonic Adventure that lets you take one of your chao with you outside the gardens and let it interact with different environment and you can have them follow you through levels and cutscenes and they'll attack enemies

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

There's a mod for Sonic Adventure that lets you take one of your chao with you outside the gardens and let it interact with different environment and you can have them follow you through levels and cutscenes and they'll attack enemies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/pFjyAFM.mp4

ACAB

All
Chao
Are
Buddies

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does every attack cost you 35 coins?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Well, I hosed up big time. I clicked on a Youtube advertisement on my phone because I thought it looked funny, and it took me to the iOS store where I confirmed that, indeed the game looked funny.

I am now being completely bombarded with lovely awful horrible iOS game suggestions as opposed to what Youtube normally does, which is look at all my recent google searches for 3d modeling tutorials and using their billions and billions of dollars in data analysis to compute that I am in the market for an industrial blender.

One example of a really great game you could play.

The big one I keep seeing though is Evertale, maybe because I accidentally said the word "Pokemon" out loud the other day while watching the Pal World trailer. The ad I keep seeing pitches it as a Pokemon game and shows a little trailer full of monsters that are just recolored Pokemon. Like, not exaggerating, they are just Pokemon. So I wanted to post about this earlier, but I cannot find that trailer anywhere. Instead, this has led me on a wild goose chase to figure out: what the gently caress is this game? Because every single image I see makes it look like a completely different game. I thought it was gonna be Pokemon, but upon looking farther there's an anime version of Little Red Riding Hood and it looks like a regular gacha game where you pay money for cute girl .jpgs, but then I see other screenshots that have monsters but none of the Pokemon I saw in the ad. Sometimes the game is isometric like FFTA, sometimes the game looks like RPG maker

Turns out this is another case of weird mobile game advertising where the footage they're showing isn't actually the game. Whatever weird outsourcing they're doing is just grabbing random poo poo from the internet and compiling it into a trailer. I cannot find the one I saw anywhere, but I did find these two trailers which are uh, equally unrelated to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrnvHbMNXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62fW-XmWSX8

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Well, I hosed up big time. I clicked on a Youtube advertisement on my phone because I thought it looked funny, and it took me to the iOS store where I confirmed that, indeed the game looked funny.

I am now being completely bombarded with lovely awful horrible iOS game suggestions as opposed to what Youtube normally does, which is look at all my recent google searches for 3d modeling tutorials and using their billions and billions of dollars in data analysis to compute that I am in the market for an industrial blender.

The big one I keep seeing though is Evertale, maybe because I accidentally said the word "Pokemon" out loud the other day while watching the Pal World trailer. The ad I keep seeing pitches it as a Pokemon game and shows a little trailer full of monsters that are just recolored Pokemon. Like, not exaggerating, they are just Pokemon. So I wanted to post about this earlier, but I cannot find that trailer anywhere. Instead, this has led me on a wild goose chase to figure out: what the gently caress is this game? Because every single image I see makes it look like a completely different game. I thought it was gonna be Pokemon, but upon looking farther there's an anime version of Little Red Riding Hood and it looks like a regular gacha game where you pay money for cute girl .jpgs, but then I see other screenshots that have monsters but none of the Pokemon I saw in the ad. Sometimes the game is isometric like FFTA, sometimes the game looks like RPG maker

Turns out this is another case of weird mobile game advertising where the footage they're showing isn't actually the game. Whatever weird outsourcing they're doing is just grabbing random poo poo from the internet and compiling it into a trailer. I cannot find the one I saw anywhere, but I did find these two trailers which are uh, equally unrelated to the game.

After i got really into warhammer last year every second YouTube advert was for some lovely looking lootbox mobile game

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

After i got really into warhammer last year every second YouTube advert was for some lovely looking lootbox mobile game

Ironic because the ad I clicked that got me into this mess was a really lovely-looking 40k game and I wanted to know if it was officially licensed or what

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

YouTube thinks I, a pasty-white European-descended Canadian nerd, would be interested in an Indian-only dating app

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

YouTube thinks I, a pasty-white European-descended Canadian nerd, would be interested in an Indian-only dating app

Don't kinkshame yourself.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
why are you guys seeing youtube ads? just disable them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

uBlock Origin + Adblock + Adlock Plus = gently caress everything.

Destructoid updated their site the other week and I spent about 2min blocking the new ad frames and it looks a million times better.

Sure buddy you just go right ahead and embed a video player with auto-play on it to generate some hits.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We’re on mobile

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sometimes youtube will load up an hour long ad that's just another video

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Destructoid is one of those sites I'm always surprised still exists because it's a big site but outside the cool kids club of the big games media sites that all hire the same group of freelancers who are all mates with the commissioning editors.

Anyway for reasons I'm not entirely sure of I picked Red Faction Armageddon out of my Steam backlog and have been quite enjoying it but understand entirely why it looked terrible in the wake of Guerilla.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

oddium posted:

sometimes youtube will load up an hour long ad that's just another video

I know you can just skip it, but I still don't think YouTube should allow that. Minute and a half max.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

six seconds max

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

There's no way to block YT ads on iOS as far as I'm aware

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's a trick to get people to drop a dollar to download the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Good news: The classic Simpsons arcade game is finally getting another rerelease!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1402612083947040769?s=20

Just 600 bones.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
honestly wuggles, banned by Shine is a hell of a way to go

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

We’re on mobile

Pretty sure mobile adblockers exist as well (check the App Store or whatever the Android equivalent is)

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no way to block YT ads on iOS as far as I'm aware

In my case when they do appear (which isn’t always) I can usually get rid of them by either clicking “skip ad” or just refreshing the page.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 9, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Google vanced YouTube. Ad free YouTube that plays when the screens locked

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Waffleman_ posted:

Good news: The classic Simpsons arcade game is finally getting another rerelease!

Who cares when this person is giving it the treatment it deserves, a NES port

https://twitter.com/bitinkstudios/status/1382737660331106308?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Boy I think I'm really getting the hang of Ace Combat, Mission 4 went off with surgical precision.