Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqF0KLsaf6U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Metal Slug Tactics is the game I didn't know I wanted. Looks pretty slick.

Khanstant posted:

Discworld is incredible, really the only reasons to not love Discworld is simply because someone hasn't read it, or they have contrarianism disease and only by rejecting that which owns can they express their inner turmoil.

Especially because there's so much variety. Maybe you don't like Rincewind? Try the witches! Try the guards! Try DEATH!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Grumbles posted:

Were any of the Discworld TV adaptations any good? There seemed to be a billion of them and they all had that Dr Who style UK TV fantasy on a budget kind of vibe.

I don't care much for the Color of Magic adaptation, Rincewind is way too old. Its not awful though.

Hogfather is pretty darn good, solid cast.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Grumbles posted:

Were any of the Discworld TV adaptations any good? There seemed to be a billion of them and they all had that Dr Who style UK TV fantasy on a budget kind of vibe.

that British tv feel isn't because of the budget, it's because the British media industry is down to like the same 5 producer/writers

all the talent left the country

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't care much for the Color of Magic adaptation, Rincewind is way too old. Its not awful though.

Hogfather is pretty darn good, solid cast.

Agree on both. Hogfather is fantastic, the people they got for Susan and Teatime are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xz7JhM8_ws

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Grumbles posted:

Unfortunately not and I kind of think such a thing can't/won't happen. Honestly only reason I'd really want good show adaptations is just because it might lure more folks to the books. Doing Ankh-Morpork up right probably needs Game of Thrones money but to get that money the product will necessarily be altered for producers perceived ideas on how to make show most profitable.

Still, like, Good Omens was good! Granted Gaiman is alive and present, but something adapted from something Pratchett's authored is possible!

edit: looks like i should check out hogfather

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Weezer.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Planet of Lana looks cool

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608230/Planet_of_Lana/

otherwise, this Summer Game Fest kickoff sucks. feels like all the interesting stuff is being saved for other events

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Barry Convex posted:

Planet of Lana looks cool

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608230/Planet_of_Lana/

otherwise, this Summer Game Fest kickoff sucks. feels like all the interesting stuff is being saved for other events

I liked that and Solar Ash. Otherwise that’s pretty much it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Keighley at one point said "avatar the last bender" and for that crime I sentence him to never again host an event

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The gently caress

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1403071012460240897

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

2B has now linked the FF14, Soulcalibur, and Fall Guys universes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now we just need the Tommy Westphall connection

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Next step, a Fall Guys version of the Gold Saucer platforming event.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hell Yeah, Big Shiee

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Put 2B in Smash next

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe she'll fight as many people as Ryu someday

(this list is missing monster hunter/fortnite/power rangers smh)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 10, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Simone Magus posted:

yeah seriously. and the scope of topics covered in them is broad enough that i could probably find a few in the series that would appeal to just about anyone.

Sir Terry was also a legitimately great philosophist

Not really selling it to me here

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

fridge corn posted:

Not really selling it to me here

It's okay, you can dislike something good and there doesn't need to be any more to it than that.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's okay, you can dislike something good and there doesn't need to be any more to it than that.

If it was good I think I would be more into it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

wait, Elden Ring is real?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll take it when is it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'll almost certainly play elden ring but i hope they remember that fun is a higher priority than hard, something dark souls 3 really struggled with

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

January 22

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Like I'm not trying to disparage anybody for liking discworld, like I said in an earlier post we all like things at certain times in our lives that speak to us for who we are at the time. If I had read discworld as a kid I'd probably have fond memories of it too, but I didnt. I read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and at 12 years old it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I have fond memories of it. Though if I were to read it again today it would probably be pretty disappointing

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

OHHHH ELDEN RING

https://twitter.com/YasuhiroKitao/status/1403076540041097216?s=20

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'll almost certainly play elden ring but i hope they remember that fun is a higher priority than hard, something dark souls 3 really struggled with

If it gets too hard just summon friends for jolly cooperation :)

That said, the only thing in 3 I think is really "too hard" is the nameless king, and he's entirely optional.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

I mean I don't know what I expected, but from that trailer it just looks like Dark Souls with a horse.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

王となれ means become a king, so I guess that's what you're up to in the game

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 10, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

The Grumbles posted:

I mean I don't know what I expected, but from that trailer it just looks like Dark Souls with a horse.

Maybe think of it as the world's first horse game that's a souls like.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Field of Kings

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe she'll fight as many people as Ryu someday

(this list is missing monster hunter/fortnite/power rangers smh)

This is way funnier and cooler to me than it should be

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Grumbles posted:

The leaked info was "dark souls open world" so yeah, dark souls with horses is exactly what I expected and I'm happy with it.

Looks like Soulsborne with a little shadow of the colossus or breath of the wild and that sounds :krad:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I saw Brigador got a cool new update and then was made sad when I remembered that the developers are giant nazi transphobe assholes

This and Ion Fury are two of my greatest videogame Milkshake Ducks (Subnautica almost made it too)

I also have not played Kingdom: Cum Delivery because of this reason

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Whizzing Wizard posted:

王となれ mean become a king, so I guess that's what you're up to in the game

That sounds very Berserk lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The Grumbles posted:

But now you can crouch walk and maybe even jump! Legit exited about the possibility of a jump button.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It seems to have a launch your horse up a cliff button so really it's more like Elden Scrolls

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Like I'm not trying to disparage anybody for liking discworld, like I said in an earlier post we all like things at certain times in our lives that speak to us for who we are at the time. If I had read discworld as a kid I'd probably have fond memories of it too, but I didnt. I read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and at 12 years old it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I have fond memories of it. Though if I were to read it again today it would probably be pretty disappointing

I didn't read Discworld as a kid

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

lmao I can’t believe Elden Ring is real and soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
January isn't "soon" but yeah it might actually arrive within Martin's lifetime now