Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The problem with Dishonored is that it's way too easy to accidentally kill people but no way to unkill them, which there should be for both morality + entertainment purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

hatty posted:

The nonexistent people seem pretty lucky tbh

I agree, so many unborn scrubs who will never get owned by my immaculate Ivy. An inconvenience for me, a lifetime of shame prevented for them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Labo now incompatible with Switch Pro models, gotta reup on your $50 hunks of cardboad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I think he’d like it

Not enough food pictures or gaudy collector edition humblebrags.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Are people just img posting onto a template or does this come from a website somewhere.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Blazin' hot takes coming through (FFX-2 is not really a guilty pleasure because I have no shame but it's the closest to the spirit of the question).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

hatty posted:

When gamefaqs dies thousands of my terrible preteen posts go with it. God bless

Ugh, just had a horribly intrusive memory of my thousands of speculative posts on nietzschean eternal recurrence in the Xenosaga series.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Truly cursed that Star Ocean got a remaster before Skies of Arcadia.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Columbine ruined being able to shoot your own friends in the face in Perfect Dark.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Not even the first farm level Yuji Naka's put in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF726gXNNmE

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

These gender reveal parties are just getting more and more elaborate.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

More like Watch Its Sales Tank.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A device with 0 availability and 0 games, yet impossibly in demand. The robber barons of the last century couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect scenario.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bosses are what I like most about Souls games, it's the everything trying to kill you every 10 feet that annoys me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Imagine if the SA forums were as gamified as that... “read 10 user posts to completion” uhhhh *sweats profusely*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One day they'll merge Beyond: Two Souls, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Murdered: Soul Suspect into one Subtitled: Vague Noun trilogy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kinda bug and kinda jacked

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Having now listened to half of one weezer song, I agree, they’re very sonic (the hedgehog), not super sure what that means but it’s true

Still around somehow despite not having released anything good in 25 years?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When I was in high school I was super into nerdy cerebral progrock like Porcupine Tree, but now I realize that the real big-brained thoughts come from queer dance pop.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

Planet of Lana looks cool

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608230/Planet_of_Lana/

otherwise, this Summer Game Fest kickoff sucks. feels like all the interesting stuff is being saved for other events

I liked that and Solar Ash. Otherwise that’s pretty much it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

At last, an easy choice in which my personal consumption habits in no way conflict with the politics of its creator. Whoops, I mean a brave and principled stand.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm playing Guilty Gear Strive which I'm already counting as finished because the story mode is just a 4 hour anime and I factually did beat a non-zero number of opponents online. So far in 2021 I have completed:

- Trials of Mana Remake
- Foregone
- Resident Evil Village
- Guilty Gear Strive

Up next: Kena Bridge of Spirits on August 24th.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Pinkerton was good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Typical goons, arguing over a complete naan issue. :rolleyes:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Incredibly any pasta sauce comes out pretty good when you dump an entire block of feta into it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

12 Minutes and A Plague Tale 2 look cool, 2/30 ain't bad as far as these showcases go.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The worst is when the matchmaker serves you up a nice juicy Lvl 1 Chipp to annihilate and the connection craps out before you can even get into the game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fourth wall breaks are the final refuge of the bad writer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

mutata posted:

This includes Kojima then.

More like the first refuge but otherwise true.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Eliza was good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I S-Ranked all of Mania in SOR4 prenerf so I’ve graduated from having to care about souls fans frankly pedestrian opinions on game difficulty.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rarity posted:

But for reals though apart from Chaos what's been the big E3 news? (I've seen the Elden Ring and Starfield trailers)

Plague Tale 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7KHZE27V8

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

We're one step closer to Chloe Price for Smash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I liked the scene where Jacob Gyllenhall was running from ice like it was a slasher movie.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Harrow posted:

Yeah, this is an interesting perspective on Souls-like death systems. Those often get framed as something really harsh/punishing (you have to go get back your lost souls before they're gone forever!!!) when in actuality it's nicer than a traditional save point system. The alternative is that all of your progress gets reset to the last time you saved--not just EXP, but the items you got, too, and doors you opened, and things like that. Souls-like games maintain all of that progress and also give you the chance to get back your EXP/currency, too.

Auto saves were more or less ubiquitous in AAA games by the time Dark Souls came out and people aren’t gonna compare the save system to something that came out 15 years ago, they’re gonna compare it to the last thing they played.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I have a really vivid memory of standing at the Jamaica train platform on one of the coldest days I've ever seen in New York City, listening to some little kid play the first 5 seconds to Crank That on his phone for what felt like 30 minutes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Surprisingly, people who spend all their time on twitter often think things said on twitter are very important.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ky Ram and Gio themes are top tier.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Guilty Gear Strive has saved 2021 from being the Year of No Games to a Year of At Least One Pretty Good Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

M. Night Shamalamadingdong! :D