Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Posting in the June thread in May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Strive still set to come out in June or was it delayed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I beat up the 3 dragons in EO4 so now my level cap is raised to 99, just gotta get there. Don't really feel like going through the grind to get them back up to 99 after retiring characters though so I'll probably just hit 99 and see if I can take the 2 remaining superbosses out.

How's everybody doing tonight?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
VG what is your favorite TF2 class and weapon loadout

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex posted:

It's the 1st of June and the sun is out! Had a great weekend getting out of the house, then decided it's time for a Skies of Arcadia replay. Man the aesthetics of this game are like being a kid on Christmas morning :)

Hell yeah.

I just want a Skies port for pc dammit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they should make a Jojo Yakuza like they made a Fist of the North Star Yakuza

I'd rather have a jojo dynasty warriors clone tbh, or just a straight up castlevania clone for phantom blood, though phantom blood could probably make for a decent yakuza-fotns style game, same with diamond is unbreakable, jojolion, and maybe stone ocean since those are all mostly centered around a smaller location or series of locations very close together.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
appy irthday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No one wins in talisman

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know trad games literally just got made into its own separate thing from videographic games but would anybody here ever be interested in a play by post tabletop rpg campaign

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My core boardgame philosophy is "if your systems/mechanics are purely number crunching that a computer could do and your game has hundreds or thousands of little pieces, you've messed up"

Remembering that photo of the Bloodborne board game and cackling

Sometimes the number crunching is fun though, and there are times when the tactile feel of having physical pieces you're managing as well as your own presence and playstyle really helps where a computer program can only carry the rules.

For example, there's a game called Millennium Blades that is a tableau building game where you have lods of emone, just big fat wads to whop on the table, and you're simulating the buying and trading of a children's trading card game. Everyone plays as a different character, you get a deckbox that will help you score points in a particular way, and you all purchase booster packs from a central market where you're tossing out all the cards except the rare one (in reality each booster pack is literally just said rare card with the booster packaging as the back of the card), and you score points over the course of the rounds by getting various different card combinations in your tableau. There are various random scoring rules added in as surprises to shake things up and there are enough ways to score otherwise that you'll generally have some idea going into the market phase what it is you want to do, to purchase.

The thing that ties it all together is the timed section where everyone is tossing wads of cash around or various cards they have, trying to get them sold back to the market or trying to corner the market on a particular card so you can force others to either ditch that card or be forced into a trade or deal with you, all the while the sand timer is going and at the end you've got a bunch of people pretending to spend a fuckton on making money on the anime tcg market so that you can win the tournaments and get more money.

It is definitely something that would feel very different, arguably to its detriment, if it were done virtually.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know, if you think about it, if the Iliad had never been written then Bayonetta wouldn't exist.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I met several people through the something awful dungeon fighter online thread and one of the main guild names was named after a thing I'd dug out of the game's files so that was neat, I don't talk to any of them much anymore except for 1 but it was still a fun time knowing I could pop in and still see the guild name "restraint" and know it was an inside joke I helped spawn

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'd be cool if Paper Mario was a new Smash Bros fighter

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was gonna fill out one of those but there are too many spaces I either don't have a game for, can't choose a specific game for, or know I should have a specific game for but can't remember what it is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it's a grand conspiracy against you to get you to make one good post

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No matter where you go,

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
there you are

Waffleman_ posted:

There's one testimony in the fifth case of the first game where you have to press statements in an incredibly specific order and no matter how many times I play it, it still trips me up.

The one thing that really hosed me up in that case was the special info I was supposed to notice in the drawing that I never noticed because it was done by a kid. I had written off a ton of the details in that drawing as just "this was drawn by a kid so of course it isn't 100% accurate to what happened."

Walla posted:

I'm not sure if it's creepy or gross.

It's just a Goya painting redone with Kirby so however you feel about Goya

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

What, like the beans Republicans were obsessed with a while back?

Yeah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

redreader posted:

I remember being a kid and our parents just plain, shook their heads at us and said 'no' when we told them stuff sometimes. I told my dad about white noise, which I had read about, and said <whatever fact I had read about it> like "it helps you sleep" or whatever and he just shook his head and said 'no' and that was that. Clearly he'd never heard of it before so it wasn't real.

My brother had a teacher who threw chalk / wooden-handled-blackboard erasers at kids as hard as he could (and he was a big guy), and once threw a child across the room and dazed him, and I remember thinking "holy poo poo" when my brother told us these stories around the dinner table. The teacher later got kicked out of school and our parents said to us something like "I can't believe the stories I heard from other parents, about what he did! wow! we had no idea!" and I said "but my brother literally told you what happened" and my parents said "we just didn't believe him" so yeah, I suppose the moral of the story is that children lie all the time and you should never believe them.

In this case though the drawing was of 2 stick figures fighting, one about to stab the other, and the part that you were expected to point out was that they drew a knife with a flat tip and not a pointy tip. The idea that they drew a different knife never even occurred to me, it just looked like 2 stick figures with some kind of blade.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

redreader posted:

I realise my reply came across as dickish so I apologise :)

If it helps, I didn't take it as dickish, so no need to apologize :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waddle Dee isn't even Kirby's son

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Arf getting probed for that is like capone getting slapped for tax evasion lol

Convex posted:

Turns out there's a second attract video that plays if you leave Skies of Arcadia on the start screen for a few minutes. I never saw it before and it kinda blows my mind that it exists

Also I am sad this game never spawned a sequel or spin off :smith:

The weird thing to me is how that second attract vid basically spoils a ton of the game.

Still sad we don't have a remaster though. With Piastol as an optional party member.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Thanks. This is just a little 5 gallon tank for a betta. We only had the guy a little over a month but he got a fungal infection and just couldn't recover no matter how hard we tried. I think he died of starvation since he hasn't eaten in days. Right now the kid doesn't know if he wants a new one or not and he might want to go filter less if so which is a whole lot more work.

Anyway, sorry for bringing the thread down.

Hey it's fine. Sorry about your pet. Losing a pet sucks. Personally, regardless of whether you decide to get another fish or not, definitely wait so that you don't end up getting a rebound pet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
To be honest I'd be more interested in a Marvel X-COM if it were about SHIELD regulars having to do cleanup.

e: or if it were just the Howling Commandos

e2: though I also completely understand why they wouldn't do something along the lines of "licensed property, but you don't play as the famous licensed characters and instead just the nameless nobodies in the background you know nothing about"

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 4, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1374840/Dark_Deity/

Saw an ad for this game, it's heavily inspired by gba fire emblem sprite-wise but I feel like there is something off comparing the sprites to the character artwork and the UI in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRc78LuqPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEoW2Ud_1P4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

Nothing, and I mean nothing, looks better than a gba FE crit

Lady Sia had some damned good animation but also nobody knows about that game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

i remember thinking the nintendo power ads for lady sia looked pretty cool and tried it years later but it wasn't very good. i would try it again however

It's imo not a great game but also the flaws are what make it interesting. It feels like one of those passion project games where you can look past the flaws because of the charm. I'm honestly happy there are people in this thread who have heard of it let alone played it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The hitman 2 silent assassin scarecrow scared me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a shame we never got Sonic Crackers

Zil posted:

This seems appropriate to the thread

https://i.imgur.com/x5Scr8k.mp4

God drat this is mood af

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which one of you went and became a sonic oc vtuber

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Boktai is an incredibly good game and is basically a weird evolution offshoot of hideo kojima's 2D metal gear games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was read only memories the bartending one or was that valhalla

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Threatening aura

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let koei tecmo make a pokemon warriors

Let koei tecmo make a smash warriors

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
From a local bakery

Those hulk faces got some yanaika energy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There was that one video game The 39 Steps though idk if that was based on the Hitchcock movie or the book.

Honestly, Rear Window would probably adapt fairly well to a video game format.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Vertigo would be an ace attorney game except you don't even realize there was a crime until after the court case

Ah, so Phoenix Wright: Justice for All then

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I finished up Etrian Odyssey 4's postgame. Now to move on to something else.

What that something else is, I don't know. I might try playing through xcom ufo defense again or I might try out phoenotopia: awakening.

Or maybe I won't do any of that and I'll just post in here about what I might do while not doing much at all lol, the possibilities are endless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

To this day I don't know what possessed him to make Shadow the Hedgehog

Dragon Ball Z