Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's a week before Endwalker!!! What am I made of time!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably it was on the GameCube

No one cares about the old Hitman games!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

What is up nerds, it is too nice a day to be playing videogames

That's the most insane statement i've ever heard

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

what the gently caress

i'm excited for this madness, i love the fact that indie devs are leaping to make pokemon games that are actually good and interesting.

You may want to temper your excitement based on the devs' track record

lih posted:

their previous game, craftopia, was a similarly bizarre mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVOXW2YQ_Q4

it's in early access and is playable with a nonsensical amount of systems thrown together but all extremely janky & broken even by janky early access survival game standards & the trailer is kinda misleading (implies giant open world but actually there's just a limited set of relatively small maps etc.) and i guess since they're already making a new game they have no intention of ever really polishing anything lol

i expect palworld will be a similar deal where it launches in early access and kind of does what the trailer promises to do but in a very broken way

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hey have you guys heard of this wild poo poo wow!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTJFhbo9zY

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

yes?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Since people seem to have missed context, for a little bit this morning a large cdn was down and because of the way the modern internet worked that means half the sites people use weren't working and even some people's emoji which are in the cloud instead of being saved locally for some reason

Ohh. I had heard something about that but I never saw any effects.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wuggles.....

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't know why we're talking about Discworld but I'll chime in and say it's very good and funny and I miss Terry Pratchett.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Like I'm not trying to disparage anybody for liking discworld, like I said in an earlier post we all like things at certain times in our lives that speak to us for who we are at the time. If I had read discworld as a kid I'd probably have fond memories of it too, but I didnt. I read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and at 12 years old it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I have fond memories of it. Though if I were to read it again today it would probably be pretty disappointing

I didn't read Discworld as a kid

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

stev posted:

The issue is that Dark Souls 3 was five years ago and as great as Sekiro was most people saw it as a cute little little side project between Souls and Ring.

That and the two years of radio silence hosed with people's heads. They shouldn't have announced it so early.

lol what

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Question for anybody who has played all of the etrian odyssey games, just a general background story lore question that has spoilers for Untold 1, 3, and 4.

I know that Nexus is said to be the last EO game to be released on a DS/3DS device though not necessarily the end of the series. I also know that Nexus is the 6th mainline game and that the backstory says that there were 7 Yggdrasil trees made for dealing with pollution. I've played through Untold 1 and 4, and I know enough about 3 that know that its tree isn't one of the original 7 because that tree is actually an alien from outer space trying to keep another alien from escaping the depths of the ocean or whatever. I also know that Untold 1 says that one of the Yggdrasils was already destroyed by a Gungnir unit. So with all that in mind, of the original 7 trees, 1 is destroyed before EO1, 1 is the main tree of EO1, 1 is the main tree of EO2, 1 is the main tree of EO4, and I haven't played 5 or Nexus but I assume they have their own trees as well, which adds up to 6 of the original 7 Yggdrasils being accounted for. Do any of the games mention the 7th tree? Does it get retconned or explained or do they just not bring it up?

5 is not one of the 7 trees either for spoilery reasons. Iiii forget what Nexus's story is because it made like no impression on me lol.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Stux posted:

smt v feature i most want is default mc name already inputted for me or alternatively just no name choice so voice lines can say the characters name

This!!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah and it even has weird stuff like a boss being optional or not depending on the order you do things.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DeadButDelicious posted:

I think Darkest Dungeon has finally sunk it's claws into me. I've started taking on the "level 2" versions of bosses and I'm loving it. Having to account for stealth enemies now, owning a deep catalogue of good trinkets to choose from, a full roster of mostly renown level 3-6 is immensely satisfying. Some bastard bird thing stole eight of my trinkets while I was out killing the level 2 swine prince (swine king?) But my Hellion, Bounty Hunter, Hound Master and Occultist punched that stupid bird in his lovely face and got my loot back. I later looked up that it was apparently the level 3 version of the boss? Oh well, get hosed dumb bird.

I cannot wait to see how the rest of it plays out. I've heard some very divisive things about the Crimson Court DLC but what about Colour of Madness? As it stands I'm just playing the base game but I don't feel like not having the Shieldbreaker or Flagellant is a huge drawback.

Color of Madness is completely risk free as it does not bleed into the main game like Crimson Court does* and even if your characters die during it, they actually come back a bit later. I'd have recommended just getting the DLCs and turning off the actual Crimson Court campaign if you didn't want to do it, as Shieldbreaker and Flagellant are great and there are other nice QoL features and items added by the DLC that's not tied to the campaigns themselves. In any case too late for that now, but consider getting it all for another playthrough in the future. Once you know what you're doing Crimson Court isn't that punishing and is quite a fun twist on the gameplay. I actually like it better than Color of Madness which is just sort of an endurance run thing.

*Not entirely true, it does add one extra boss that wanders around in the main game, but that's just an extra encounter and you can see what region it's in if you want to avoid it. Crimson Court on the other hand introduces the vampire affliction which can be a bit annoying if you just want to play the main story and not do the Court yet.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 11, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'm playing on Radiant now so I think next time I play I'll bump it up to Darkest and slap on the DLC for more shenanigans. Don't have much if any interest in the PvP stuff but I'm happy to keep going at more of this solo player stuff.

I just did the biggest of double takes because this is the first I've ever heard that they added PVP last year lmao. That's wild.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

no but seriously tho why did someone change my avatar to some weird Rabbid character i don't even understand the insult here

plus i miss my Harriet Wheeler :(

Why are you assuming it's an insult

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

That Rabbid looks pretty cool to me

exactly

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

What original character is that a rabbid version of

It's a mystery so far

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

do people usually buy avatars as nice gestures?

i mean yeah you're right, i have no idea. and it is a pretty cool rabbid lol

People do that pretty often, yes. If they're meant to be insults they usually have red text or somethin

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Violen posted:

i cant stop returning to new pokemon snap now and then for some reason so ive been working on diamond ranks and let me tell you, thats the real nightmare. everything else is just appetizer

Oh boy not even I wanted to go that route. Good luck!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This conversation made me think of this:

https://twitter.com/CrescentAstra/status/1405550488762859525?s=20

There's some real wackos out there, stay safe

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just beat Chicory and it rules. Wandersong was one of my favorite games of 2018 and Chicory is every bit as excellent. Check it out! Check them both out if you haven't!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SeXReX posted:

when you reach the swamp and the pan flute hits for the first time

more pan flute in video game OSTs please

I didn't know who the composer was at first, then i hit the first boss fight

and I then I knew immediately

Lena Raine ftw

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Stux posted:

i hope all of smt 5 is like that boss

:hai:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

In FFXIV lore, gunblades came first and then they made guns and people were like "That's like a gunblade without a blade, so we'll call it a gun"

They also had fun having it match the real world etymology of the word "gun" as in both reality and fiction they descend from "Gunnhildr "

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Peggle Nights was the real sequel to Peggle not the years later Peggle 2

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rinkles posted:

oh wow i didn't realize the 3rd level was the final level. shorter than i expected, but maybe that's a plus for a roguelike.

e:also wow, i didn't realize 8 and half hours passed...

Keep in mind, winning a 3 level run with one character isn't yet beating the game. The base goal is to beat it with the three base characters (I'm not actually sure how the fourth one they added meshes with this) which then unlocks a slightly different harder version with the ultimate goal of actually beating the Heart at the end. I only managed to do that once before I got tired of the game, it's REALLY hard.

Then there's also ascensions and poo poo but I never messed with those.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Why would you?

indeed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I started watching the TWEWY anime.

This Neku guy doesn't seem very likable...

Also blonde spiky-haired guy with amnesia lol

No idea how well the anime pulls it off but Neku's arc in the game is about him growing out of being a selfish rear end in a top hat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rinkles posted:

StS: I've beaten the level 3 boss with each of the three characters. So now I have to do it again, and I'll get an extra, harder battle at the end?

Yeah but you also have to get the three pieces of the key along the way which requires you to fight an extra challenging miniboss, and give up one treasure and one campfire rest.

Also there's actually TWO extra harder battles at the end....... with no healing in between. Good luck.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Code vein companions have the dragon’s dogma issue of not being able to shut the gently caress up, good on you if you can tolerate/enjoy that but I didn’t!!

Look at this chump who didn't play the game solo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My half year top 9:

9. Astalon
8. Nier Replicant
7. Ys IX
6. Disco Elysium
5. Hitman 3
4. Chicory
3. Phoenotopia Awakening
2. Crosscode
1. New Pokemon Snap

Bottom few will definitely get knocked off by December what with Ace Attorney, TWEWY, Metroid, HFW, and Endwalker coming. Assuming all 5 of those merit a spot, Disco Elysium is gonna just miss the list which is a bit of a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Disagree. I thought you were a chie superfan, clearly I was wrong

You're the one who's on the wrong side of history