Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's the 1st of June and the sun is out! Had a great weekend getting out of the house, then decided it's time for a Skies of Arcadia replay. Man the aesthetics of this game are like being a kid on Christmas morning :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Draga posted:

Finally got the platinum for Enter the Gungeon. It's my #1 "I'm too tired or depressed to play anything else" game and it's always a good time.

:yeah:

I don't think I will ever uninstall that game

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

I find it's too luck based, kinda boring and miserable.

The pay 2 win stuff got kinda out of hand after a while

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Looper posted:

these choices may be subject to change at any time

Some good choices here

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

just in case anyone needs another copy of deus ex (best pc game ever made) it’s a dollar on steam for the next eighteen hours https://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/Deus_Ex_Game_of_the_Year_Edition/

Do this, also grab the GMDX mod and the updated DX9 renderer from https://www.kentie.net as DX10 doesn't work right on newer Nvidia drivers

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Walla posted:

I praise 1 for the world it builds. It's janky as gently caress, but it's also easy enough to beat it with nearly any combination of characters without grinding.

2 and CD improve on the gameplay in every way, but the implied setting takes a large step backwards and they suffer for it in my eyes.

3 still doesn't have a decent translation so I never dived into it.

Lol I didn't read the quote you were replying to and though this was about the Sonic games :wtc:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also reading everyone's top game posts and realising Chrono Trigger and Skies of Arcadia are both games I will probably replay every few years forever is putting a smile on my face :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Catpain Slack posted:

Hello from the Deviantart thread

no

NO

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Turns out there's a second attract video that plays if you leave Skies of Arcadia on the start screen for a few minutes. I never saw it before and it kinda blows my mind that it exists

Also I am sad this game never spawned a sequel or spin off :smith:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I dunno, grabbing a dead man's namesake for your unrelated video game is pretty standard industry practice [long side-eye at The Division]

Clancy licensed his name out years before his death, he didn't give much of a poo poo after his high point in the mid 90s iirc. I do remember an old PC Format interview about the original Rainbow Six where he talked about how he played the development builds and contributed to the overall design, but I dont think he was bothered about participating in the later games that bore his name.

It's not like that weirdo director doing a lovely movie with a deepfake reconstruction of James Dean at least

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Ok, now what are some games with have an airport level

Modern Warfare 2

E:f,b

Die Hard Trilogy

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Lol AWS are hosed and half the internet broke, at least Steam works though :v:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Oh boy is the new Gamer Words Dictionary out already?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I dunno name like one good thing the French have ever done that isn't food

They used to sell cheap Amstrad CPC games in Boulogne back in the day

Also the underground resistance in WW2 was cool as hell and set a gold standard for nazi killing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/arvalis/status/1409617742848675840