Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Btw, the June thread op is just another Wikipedia screenshot I’m gonna have no choice but rate it less than 5

Roth posted:

Posted this in Discord

Template for those that wish to make their own:

Amp fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

only chumps posting above this line

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

May game of the month: Anodyne 2

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I've played 20 hours Yakuza Kiwami in the last week or so and it's been a really great time. Wandering around Kamurocho and meeting all sorts of interesting people and then also probably punching them has been a real treat. I'm kind of bummed that I'm extremely late to the Yakuza party (played 0 last year and loved it and forgot to put it on my GOTY), but excited about what lay ahead for me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I do weirdly love grinding Majima fights.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

where'd that poll come from

many thanks

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Isn't it weird how a bunch of posters I've never seen before just started posting in the past couple days and yet nobody is like "who are you", must be nice

no

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I played a bunch of Griftlands, but it was when I was deep in the Slay the Spire hole, which ended up with me just wanting to play StS more than Griftlands. 1.0 should be a good time to go back because it seemed interesting with all the little narrative bits it had.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

they should make a Jojo Yakuza like they made a Fist of the North Star Yakuza

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

This makes me want to watch Fist of the North Star, so I can then feel confident playing the Fist of the North Star Yakuza

:justgame:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Video games have turned my kids into wage slaves – but without the wages

quote:

There are currently three computer games occupying the house: the 13-year-old (M), sometimes in conjunction with the 11-year-old (F), plays Fortnite, a game mainly about shooting people; the 13-year-old (F), also sometimes with the collaboration of the 11-year-old, plays Genshin Impact, a whimsical, open-world environment game, whatever the hell that means. Avatars dressed as pirates or fairies wander about the place, doing chores, occasionally fighting giant warthogs. Mr Z plays Hitman, another shooting game with very densely layered storylines, though he always skips them so never knows what’s going on beyond that; the aim is to leave everyone else dead in a laundry hamper.

Observing all this, I feel like the manager of a hi-tech sweat shop. Everyone is locked in concentration, shouting over headphones at other people who may or may not be in the same house, a cross between high-intensity data inputting and horribly frazzled air traffic control. I know what I should be worrying about – are they getting enough fresh air? Will they become addicted? Is this a useful life lesson, to find meaning through shooting others?

What I’m actually worried about is that this is way too much like work. Task-driven, repetitive, monotonous but immersive, often very frustrating, it’s exactly like having a bullshit job. The best thing about childhood, the bit that makes up for people constantly telling you what to do and where to be, is that you have those years outside the productive economy, where no one thinks to measure your worth by the net value you create, where all you have to do is grow and be endearing. While it remains the case that none of them is creating any value, in every other respect they are at the coal face, wage slaves without the wages. I’m worried that the kids have a seriousness of purpose, a rigidity of application totally out of whack with the task in hand, that nobody should rightly learn until their mid-20s, answering emails with no greater aim than creating more emails.

The best solution I’ve come up with is to find a game of my own. I play Five Nights at Freddy’s on a virtual reality headset. The genre is indie horror, which I think means it’s like regular horror except with bears and a more sinister atmosphere. It’s nothing like having a job. It’s like being trapped in a nightmare that is much more real than any of my nightmares. I love it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

Games Chat has always been pretty pleasant in my experience as a frequent lurker/sometimes poster - (thanks for being the best place to post about video games???)

become a frequent poster imo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

someday someone is getting this as an avatar and you'll know it was from me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

There are too many video games I want to play! What a wonderful time to be playing video games.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

i dont have embeds on does it cut off the bottom or something when its embedded bcos the tweet is doing the opposite lol

lol yes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Yakuza Kiwami is in the books, and I have to say that second to last boss is some real dog water

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stev posted:

All of the bosses in that game are painful, especially the ones with guns and adds.

If I could just jam on them in Rush Style it was never much of an issue but that second to last boss was guns & adds the special and I didn't have a good time.

Really enjoyed it otherwise, but I think I'm going to take a break from Yakuzas to play SMT3 and Doom Eternal before I get back to hanging with my friend Kiryu.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

and today thread, I hope we learned to just rip images out of tweets and post them directly

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

makjes you think

:thunk:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

please don't make me buy another piece of hardware i just want to game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

perhaps it is a new school-based rpg like bully

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Barudak posted:

I will take 480p60 over 1080p30 I don't even care who knows

i'm in this camp too

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

interesting tactic to have no games on ps5 for 2 full years

taking inspiration from the xbox

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Finished Yakuza Kiwami.

https://i.imgur.com/PattEZA.mp4

Many tears were shed.

Onto Kiwami 2 :getin:

Whats up fellow Yakuza Kiwami 1 finisher (I finished it yesterday morning)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

between ubisoft and QD i'm starting to think the french games industry might be bad, actually

might just be the games industry broadly

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

please accept my entries

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Actually I'm curious why like 3 different people did that

it's a grand conspiracy against you to get you to make one good post

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Are people just img posting onto a template or does this come from a website somewhere.

I copy and pasted into paint.net, a great free image editing software

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Baller Time posted:

It's not a valid effort unless you use GIMP

GIMP scares me in a way paint.net does not.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

btw the template for that image is in the OP now if anyone needs or wants it for their own purposes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I used mspaint and I'm not the least bit sorry for my poorly cropped,stretched and distorted images

my favorite part of mine is that I clearly just pasted over a couple ones when I changed my mind and just left them there behind what's on top of them

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah okay but why specifically bait me into opening up via PM and then totally ignore my reply and instead drag it into here? There's been a couple people who messaged me and we've talked back and forth. Why be like "Are you okay? I'm genuinely worried" and then I reply and then they specifically don't reply back but instead respond to me in here??

I'm gonna have to refuse to believe I'm the crazy one, just this once, as a treat

Maybe you should just leave then. Stop posting here.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Elden Ring really gonna gently caress up these Fromsoft trilogies

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Andrast posted:

I want the sickest combat in videogames like Sekiro had

Sickorio

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would pay an extra ten dollars for a game with a "Union-made" sticker on the box

Their company being cool was part of the reason I initially picked up Dead Cells and I'm excited for whatever The Glory Society ends up putting out

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For me Jedi fallen order was the very definition of an Okay Game

I've recommended it to a few people based on it being a decent Star Wars story that shows you some pretty cool Star Wars stuff and the gameplay being good enough to not have to warn them about. I think that's a good place for a game, but not necessarily a $60 game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

£100 is a lot but for U2, I mean I can see it, the last gig I went to was £50 and that was just the Gorillaz. Great gig though

If I was presented the choice I'd see Gorillaz for $100 over U2 for $50, even.

e: I would not pay money to see U2 at all tbh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

as long as i got to decide the setlist for u2 i'd be game lol

You can not and it's the album they sent to everyone's iPhone without asking for it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

honestly wuggles, banned by Shine is a hell of a way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Boy I think I'm really getting the hang of Ace Combat, Mission 4 went off with surgical precision.

Which Ace Combat?

Regy Rusty posted:

Wuggles.....

Is charging his powers and will be back like Rita Repulsa any moment