Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I have been enjoying EDF 5 recently. These are good video games.

I was disappointed at first that the wing diver’s lance wasn’t just a “jetpack into a big bug with a medieval lance” weapon. but once I adjusted my expectations it feels very satisfying to blow off a frog’s weapon arm with my double lance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Games Chat has always been pretty pleasant in my experience as a frequent lurker/sometimes poster - (thanks for being the best place to post about video games???)

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I read that guardian article at work today and it seemed such an empty take that I’m genuinely not sure what the point was.

“My kids are playing video games and taking them seriously, that seems bad but not too bad. P.S. I’m playing FNaF, it sucks and I love it.”

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

My mate and I are <20 missions away from finishing EDF 5’s campaign and only displaying 7% completion. I dunno what exactly that means but if not “forever” I reckon I’ll be plugging away at this game for a long time to come.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ah hell, I got iron man murdered by a sectoid or whatever because i hosed up his positioning.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

hatty posted:

The only Mana game that I’ve beaten completely was Sword of Mana on GBA. The others I lose interest partway through I’m not sure why.

Hell yeah, I barely remember most of that game but I’m pretty sure it rules. Two protagonists, action combat, some good twists and a Dracula fight.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

In addition to a Jojo Part 4 Yakuza game, I would now also like to request a Revolutionary Girl Utena No More Heroes game.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Utena should be a visual novel/sekiro.

Okay yes you're absolutely right. I was trying to think a sword-duel focused game and forgot about Sekiro, which is the obvious choice in retrospect.

My other choice was Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but I went with NMH because the "chore phase" of that game is a bit like how Utena spends a lot of episodes just doing random bullshit until she's challenged.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Time to get Angy

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

For a while I thought I liked old anime (or shows based on old properties) more than modern stuff. then i realized that if I’m hearing about something from the 90s in 2021, it’s probably just because that show was good enough to still be talked about 20-30 years later.

Also I want to say Ace Attorney Investigations 1 had an airport level.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

I used to be more interested and engaged with anime when I was a little younger, but aside from some bits like re-watching Cowboy Bebop, a bunch of Space Dandy, and some movies like Paprika and Red Line, the most anime-adjacent thing I’ve watched lately was Castlevania.

Until like two months ago when I finally decided to watch JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. It rules, I powered through all 5 parts in a few weeks and I’m so in the poo poo that I’m reading the Stone Ocean manga. I remember FAK mentioning some GameBoy fan game that I’m more interested in. I’m listening to JoJo themes and ops, I’m watching JoJo memes, I’m telling my wife about Stands and Hamon energy. Send help

I was in the same position about 4 years ago, got into jojo and now I’m an anime podcaster, whoops.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Sonic 06 is more interesting in concept than Sonic Adventure 2. That’s my Hedgehog Hot Take(TM).

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

wuggles posted:

What in Sonic 06 is more conceptually interesting than Adventure 2?

Adventure 2 has the dark and light stories, the chao garden, permanent additions to the lore (for better or for worse)...

I like how the 3 hedgehog stories interweave across time, the side quests with the sonic cosplayer, and the sheer audacity to have sonic abruptly gunned down from behind in a field. Other than introducing Shadow I don’t think Ad 2’s story really has anything of note going for it. Also eggman’s dumb dragon radar sunnies rule.

Don’t get me wrong, the execution fails at basically every level but there are interesting ideas there, not all good, but interesting.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Thinking about opening a portal to The Mana Tree and seizing its power for myself.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Yoofee Laylee

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I see Orcs Must Die 3 is happening. I’m glad they moved on from the MOBA one I never got into due to bad Australian internet MOBA.

I reckon if they wanna jump on any more fads though, a Battle Royale variant could be fun. 100 orcs and/or wizards in a dungeon, shooting and setting up traps for each other. Maybe do a thing where there are roving npc orc hordes you can trap-kill for loot.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Persona 5 is the only game I ruined for myself with “guide dependence”. It started gradually, I just wanted to know what social links I should prioritize to make the game a pleasant experience, then before I knew it I was looking up the optimal answers to dialogue options, and checking boss weaknesses in advance to save the couple rounds of experimentation.

I got into the 4th or so palace and then was like “I may as well just watch a let’s play at this rate.”

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The posting about it made me want to try P5 again, hopefully Royal goes on sale soon.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

What would Harry Discoelysium’s Persona be?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Infinitum posted:

What would Kiryu's Persona be, and why is it a Golden Retriever?

“AIR BUD! OOOORYA!”

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Picturing a yakuza with a golden retriever full back piece.

And it’s a Yakuza/Persona game where you summon your persona by ripping off your shirt.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I get real Poochie vibes from that Rabbid. Could use some shades or anime goggles for the final bit of attitude though.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Needs more birdo
(SSS tier)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Well, my city’s going into lockdown at midnight. This feels like a great opportunity to Slay the Spire. I’ve been thinking about getting back to it since someone (oddium?) posted that The Heart is not the end of it all.