Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

just logged on and i see a LOT of people are tempting fate in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Draga posted:

Welp, it's June 2nd here in England and I am now 28 years old. Yay.

happy birthday!

I recently wormed my way into a friendship group that plays a lot of board games, except we only managed to meet up once to play before my city started another lockdown. It was fun though!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

tbf I think acerbatus is joking about the fact that they themselves have a 2020 reg-date

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

people are posting game grids, i think that's the only notable thing

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ooh, it looks up my alley though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

tithin posted:

:hmmyes:

Further update from Prey playing: I've found a loving ton of shotgun ammo - when do I get one of those.

e: for reference on where I am, I finally saw the full video you recorded for yourself

There's one in the security office in the main atrium, I think (it's been ages since I played so I can't remember the names of locations). You need a keypass to get in one door, but there's also a secret path somewhere -- possibly in the toilets?

You're very welcome for this half-remembered guidance from my playthrough years ago.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah, you won't be filling out the whole tree, but you also won't screw yourself with your choices, so just go for whatever looks good to you imo.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

well i was gonna post "hi i spent 3.5 days in the hospital watching golden girls, getting my appendix removed, and getting diagnosed with endometriosis, what'd i miss" but i see that can get you probated so i shall refrain

i'm gonna work on my gamer grid though

oh my god!! what a week you must be having! I hope you can feel better soon!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the expanded vertigo universe

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine if the SA forums were as gamified as that... “read 10 user posts to completion” uhhhh *sweats profusely*

haha yeah would be weird if we had something like that where you got some kinda badge for participation,,,,,

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

happy birthday!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So after that one Fire Emblem game with the good art on Steam was apparently not good at all, I saw Dark Deity which came out today. Someone on Twitch I was following that I didn't recognize at all was playing it - turns out it was Kpoptosis, an old Dota2 production guy who now works for the publisher. The rundown he gave showed that the game had a lot of good ideas - no permadeath, but if a character dies they get a permanent stat debuff based on the attack that hit them, so there's an actual decision to make instead of just "oh someone died mandatory restart." You get bonus rewards for clearing maps faster to give you some incentive to not just stall every single fight for a million turns to play 100% safe, exacy stat gain aptitudes are just shown to you outright, character skills and class skills, just sounds like a lot of good design decisions

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1374840/Dark_Deity/

I'm definitely going to try this one out since there were no Fire Emblem announcements at E3.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I have purchased Dark Deity, the fire emblem-alike. I've only played the first chapter so no great gauge of its quality but I like the vibe so far! You only seem to be able to save at the start of each chapter though, which is annoying. Maybe once I get more menu prep I can save then.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oddium posted:

yeah it's "newgrounds" alright

neat
engaging
wow !!
great
o skip
u skip
neat
d skip
silksong

some suggestions to help you along:

outstanding
unbelievable
delicious

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Mooncrash is fun, imo but it probably depends on what you're looking for in a game. It's kind of like a roguelite set in the Prey world.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

man, remember ringtones? it was the biggest status symbol in my first couple years of high school to have a really cool ringtone.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah taunted one too many times

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I was reading this and intending to ask you guys to take a step back and cool down, but I was obviously a bit late on that, sorry! I think we can all learn something about arguing against preconceived notions of other posters from this.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Also what this conversation brought to my attention is that the guilty gear series has a fight-free story mode and now I've found all the videos on youtube so goodbye for several hours

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

That sounds fun, please link it when it's up!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

I always pick dry bones due to our similarities: lack of moisture, collapse into a useless pile at the slightest difficulty, eventually reform to continue trudging along with no growth or change

omg me too!! twinsies!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

That's terrible, FAK, I'm so sorry you have to go through that!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Does Prey (2017) count?

Prey Mooncrash has a derelict moon!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

I have acquired A Puppy

what kind, how old, what's it called, WHERE ARE THE PICS

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

very good puppy

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oh you KNOW i'm ready for a pets page.

I'm taking my guide dog puppy to an appointment but after that?? prepare yourselves

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

so many good dogs....

here is mine, refusing to get out of bed on a cold morning

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

mr sink... he's gorgeous

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

wait how long has my post been the thread title

i changed it very soon after you made the post

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

im really tired and ribbin is making me teary-eyed for some incomprehensible reason