Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

tithin posted:

Ps5 upscaling with a yuffie side story

Feel like it's getting more and more common to remake/port a game like, immediately after it comes out and I'm not here for it

Also hell yeah page 1 of the chat thread I'll cherish this forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd rather have a jojo dynasty warriors clone tbh, or just a straight up castlevania clone for phantom blood, though phantom blood could probably make for a decent yakuza-fotns style game, same with diamond is unbreakable, jojolion, and maybe stone ocean since those are all mostly centered around a smaller location or series of locations very close together.

A Diamond is Unbreakable Yakuza would be legit awesome; hell, a few of the arcs in that already feel like Yakuza substories (Let's Go Eat Some Italian Food in particular)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I'm not as pacifistic as some of you but I don't like competitive multiplayer civ because you tend to just like, lock your friends out of having fun

Like in a lot of competitive games if I kill someone they'll respawning, or the round will end in like a few minutes and they can get back to playing. Civ if I take out someone early it's gonna be hours before the game's over. Not much better if I take over some cities and leave because they'll pretty much be permanently crippled for the rest of the game.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

wuggles posted:

In YOUR area

god i can only hope

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

they want to plunder your cities op

as it turns out in real life empires would also make up bullshit reasons to go to war for those sweet sweet cities

crazy how that works out

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

oddium posted:

they shouldn't change the forum name to video games but if they do they should change trad games to videoless games

Petition to make this one nontraditional games and the other one videoless games

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm mad at Rune Factory because I couldn't marry the dragon, Rune Factory 5 better figure it the gently caress out.

most games should let you marry the dragon imo

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I still like GameFAQs because ctrl-f'ing through a document is way quicker than skimming a youtube video.

Plus like, GameFAQs guys tend to be pretty thorough, one FAQ can often be an entire encyclopedia about the game

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I swear I've had a few times where the question is so open-ended that like, 2 or 3 different evidence items could realistically be used and I inevitably guess the wrong one first

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, and lets not forget all the times the series punishes you for pressing the wrong statement

Looking at you, Justice for All

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Quest 64 may be boring but the speedrun is kinda cool because there's a weird exploit where you can trigger the level-up box while you're dying and just...repeatedly level up like 30 times before you die for real

They basically just do that as soon as possible and then blitz through the game with your big big spells

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

There's a point in my life that I'd be excited for Marvel XCOM but now I have absolutely no faith they won't gently caress it up

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

homeless snail posted:

if you're over 30 and you dont know where all the secret warp pipes to get to the rooms full of coins are, i'm sorry for you

Hold on wait someone's gotta tell me I've only got a few years left to figure out

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ometeotl posted:

Game has a good aesthetic. Too bad about everything else.

Does Knuckles Chaotix even have enemies?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Gauntlet Dark Legacy has an early farm level, but that's about all I can think of.

Mort the Chicken, despite the name, has no farm levels in it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Battle Network 2 kind of? I guess that's more of an airplane dungeon than airport though.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

LawfulWaffle posted:

Until like two months ago when I finally decided to watch JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. It rules, I powered through all 5 parts in a few weeks and I’m so in the poo poo that I’m reading the Stone Ocean manga. I remember FAK mentioning some GameBoy fan game that I’m more interested in. I’m listening to JoJo themes and ops, I’m watching JoJo memes, I’m telling my wife about Stands and Hamon energy. Send help

I'm sorry but it's too late for you, you're forever doomed to sing the JoJo gospel to everyone you know no matter how interested

(FAK is right though, The 7th Stand User is an excellent fangame)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I got a tabletop rpg rulebook in the mail. It's about a world where a tiny area became influenced by a magical crystal that caused all of the local bugs and bug-adjacent creatures to develop longer lifespans and become more human-like and develop a combined culture and society in the city they've built around this crystal.

It is not Hollow Knight related at all and also the art in it is cute and nice and cool. The game is called Cuticorium. Though I will say that some of the pictures have so many additions to the bugs that I can't even tell what the original bug was supposed to be.

More than anything, "Bugs become sentient due to the effects of a crystal" is the exact setting of Bug Fables

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Tabletops posted:

Does anyone remember rusty hearts? Was one of the first f2p korean games on steam in like 2011 and it shut down in 2014. There’s a private server and it’s kinda fun

I'm like 90% sure I played this during my "play every f2p mmo I can get my hands on" phase

Was it like, a top down action mmo?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I looked it up and I'm 100% certain I played this because I very distinctly remember being a vampire swordsman

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Tabletops posted:

Probably then!

It’s surprisingly fun… the private server seems good and I think they’re doing a big update with the ‘rest’ of the game at some point soon. Right now it’s just 1-30 which is I think what there was when I played.

https://www.rustyrevolution.org

I honestly might do this

I have a bit of nostalgia for that era of MMOs, it definitely felt like the wild west

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

wuggles posted:

What in Sonic 06 is more conceptually interesting than Adventure 2?

Adventure 2 has the dark and light stories, the chao garden, permanent additions to the lore (for better or for worse)...

Sonic 06 has a chaos emerald that only exists in a perfect time loop

Also Silver gets kicked in the head by Shadow and honestly he deserves it

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

"Yeah well what if Sonic hosed the President?"

I do love that in the Sonic universe the President just has a picture of Sonic and Shadow sitting on his desk like you would a photo of your family

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

KCB was searching for apartments on the facebook marketplace and instead got an ad for this litRPG book

Are there...good litRPG books? Every one I've ever seen looked like trash

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Speaking of mechs, saw that they invented a MechWarrior 5 today. Anyone played it, any good? I watched one video of it and it looked exactly how I remember Ghost Bear Legacy looking then I watched a video of Ghost Bear Legacy and it looked so much worse. Don't got a joystick and don't plan on buying one, is it still the kind of thing that will suck without one?

I've been playing Mechwarrior 5 and having a blast honestly. I'm playing in co-op so I know I'm avoiding the terrible squad AI, but the game just feels generally solid. I think most people's complaints on it have to do with a general lack of customization compared to previous MechWarriors, and I can't really comment on that, having not played them. I personallly feel like there's a pretty wide range of mechs and a lot of room to customize them.

Playing with mouse and keyboard too, and honestly it feels fine.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've got a friend who shares a birthday with sonic

He's also coincidentally got a huge appetite for chili dogs

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looper posted:

my two big problems with it were that way too many battles end with your opponent just getting back up for a round two where you need to get twice as many KOs, and that unless you are winning every battle without getting hit at all then it takes way too long to grind up a reasonable amount of skill points for emerl so early battles where you play as him are brutal. otherwise i liked it quite a bit! the mechanics are pretty cool once you get a handle on them, the writing is a lot of fun (and manages to feel in-character unlike other dialogue-heavy game sonic chronicles), and i love the aesthetic. shadow especially has some great animations

IIRC in the first chapter there's a fight against Knuckles you have to do that's just awful. You've got like, maybe one working special move and a bunch of lovely normals. First time I played the game I only beat it because I figured out that Emerl Shoot actually does decent damage if you hit him with your body, even though you don't actually shoot a projectile.

I do think the game was really fun though. Customizing Emerl was a great time, even if the grind to get there was a bit much and the ultimate moves were maybe a bit too good.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

gently caress Gamma's suicide bomb thing though, that poo poo murdered the gently caress out of me way too many times. Also, Cream is like crazy powerful, holy poo poo.

I don't remember cream overall being that powerful but didn't she have like, the absolute strongest trap in the game? I remember it just absolutely murders people.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If anything I also find Sekiro's parry to be ridiculously lenient. Partially because if you mistime it, you're not going to eat poo poo, you just do a normal block. In other From games I tend to avoid parries because a failed parry can easily be the death of you. In Sekiro, you just take a bit of posture damage, which is super easy to recover.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Relax Or DIE posted:

if they try i simply parry it

Unfortunately for them my counter passive activates on any physical attack, even if it does 0 damage.

Unrelated, can anyone recommend a good doctor? All the ones in my area refuse to see me for some reason

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

Edit:
i would’ve lolled if the team then went “ok whatever now let’s sell it, like we did the medal” but they didn’t :(

Instead now Boss just has to deal with all his customers going "Hey, so why do you have an obviously counterfeit Sayuri in here?"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Mix. posted:

Yusuke not being a love option for Joker is a crime, but at least its not P4's Actually Cut Gay Romance level of frustrating omission or anything

wow cool page snipe thanksssssss

Yeah I was a bit upset I couldn't romance Yusuke tbh. C'mon Atlus, give us the gay romances!

Help Im Alive posted:

Yusuke can join Teddie and Ken in the Persona party members I never used crew

Though also kinda this, because once Ryuji gets Charge he's just better than Yusuke in like every way. Royal fixes that, at least.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Simone Magus posted:

What game quotes live in your head rent free

I think "run run or you'll be well done" at least twice a week

There's a point in SaGa Frontier 2 where you burst into someone's home, he's got a slime in there with him, and he goes "You're interrupting my honey sweet time with my dear slimey!"

God that quote haunts me

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Cliffy's legacy to me, more than anything else, will always be Dare to Dream

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

And can any of us truly forget Flame Hynard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s

(Volume Warning honestly you're probably better off not clicking this)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh speaking of video game music there's a sonic concert going on right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTlBHNvjsU

It's pretty neat

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Help Im Alive posted:

pre-boss themes to get you pumped up should be more of a thing Castlevania Rondo of Blood had a good one

My first thought is every character having their own intro to the boss battle theme in Octopath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVm0FrTp9E

It slaps super hard

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Hmmm this conversation is convincing me I should actually play FF8

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm really just here to see that sweet, sweet quite box highlight

You know the one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac