Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Larryb posted:

So what exactly is Intergrade? Is it the second part of the FF7 remake or just something related to it?

Ps5 upscaling with a yuffie side story

guess they officially had to make yuffie a part of part 1 given everyone called the grand daughter of the angel of the slums as yuffie

Saint Freak posted:

Oh I guess it's June so I'll post again.

Man the Disgaea 6 demo is uh... rough. Graphically the hub world has three options

a) 5-10 FPS but I guess the words are legible?
b) <20 FPS but everything's a greasy blur
c) somewhere in-between 'balanced' option

I'm not really one to complain about fps but this is noticeable to say the least. Combat isn't so bad I guess. I wonder if it's something you'd 'get used to'.

what did you play it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hatty posted:

SMT: Strange Journey Redux - GREAT
SMT: Devil Survivor 1 & 2 - NOT BAD, BUT A BIT THIN
SMT: IV & Apocalypse - APOCALYPSE IS GREAT, 4 SUFFERS FOR BEING AN EARLY 3DS GAME.
Any Etrian Odyssey but I like 2U and V the best personally - 100%
Picross 3D 2 - IDK
Wario Ware Gold - IDK
Rhythm Heaven Megamix - IDK
All the Kirbies are good - YEP
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - I GOT BORED PLAYING IT AND STOPPED
Radiant Historia - IDK
Bravely Default - YEP
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call - GREAT, EXCEPT EXPECT TO GET CRAMP IN YOUR FINGERS AND MAYBE DAMAGE YOUR DS TOUCH SCREEN

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I keep forgetting E3 exists, it's just not been a factor in forever

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Decided to play a bit of prey 2017 and that first reveal's ptty great hey

made my kid absolutely poo poo himself when the mimic showed up

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BisbyWorl posted:

My favorite moment in Prey was finding two mimics and killing one, making the other run away.

When I started to chase it, it doubled back and ran past me, so I turned around and kept running.

The mimic transformed into a gib from the first dead mimic and spooked the hell out of me once I ran past it.

those little fuckers are smart, I also like that they mimic the glow of items so you can't tell them apart - it's a nice touch

I reckon I'll probably be levellign a mix of sci and engineer, I'm guessing you don't get enough points to max out all the associated trees?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

skipped 7 hundo posts, did i miss anything interesting in the last few days

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jay Rust posted:

Someone got probated earlier today for making a “hundreds of new posts, what happen” post, why hasn’t arfjason been similarly punished?

e: well gently caress, nm, carry on team

I was literally asleep during my sixer, so, lesson learned

honestly though, a thousand posts and the mods are salty someone asked for a brief summary?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

This game looks pretty cool but uuuuuuugh early access :negative:

Basically a mix of Tower Defense plus Fire Emblem. Thinking about it's it's kind of wild that basically the entirety of the SRPG genre has been about small-scale fights and hasn't really explored a game where every attack is AoE and you're fighting hordes of enemies.

This looks really cool, I dig it.

this *could* be good, and firaxis has been pretty good with the nu xcom, but I also have zero interest at all in Marvel so, I'm a bit salty.

e: there's 4 leaks in that article, and the last one is described as Cthulhu / saints row, that sounds dope

tithin fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 4, 2021

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

This game looks pretty cool but uuuuuuugh early access :negative:

Basically a mix of Tower Defense plus Fire Emblem. Thinking about it's it's kind of wild that basically the entirety of the SRPG genre has been about small-scale fights and hasn't really explored a game where every attack is AoE and you're fighting hordes of enemies.

So I'm watching a twitch stream from this dude and it looks sick as gently caress

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Waffleman_ posted:

What's the difference

:hmmyes:

Further update from Prey playing: I've found a loving ton of shotgun ammo - when do I get one of those.

e: for reference on where I am, I finally saw the full video you recorded for yourself

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

New Super Metis posted:

There's one in the security office in the main atrium, I think (it's been ages since I played so I can't remember the names of locations). You need a keypass to get in one door, but there's also a secret path somewhere -- possibly in the toilets?

You're very welcome for this half-remembered guidance from my playthrough years ago.

So I'm due to get it any second now, good.

Almost impossible to murder these guys with just a wrench. Had hoped to be able to upgrade it, but nope.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Boba Pearl posted:

There's something I want to tell you about Prey and Neuromods, but even bringing it up is largely dependent on the kind of gamer you are. This could be a kind of big spoiler, so I have two questions, and I'll spoil each of them, they shouldn't say too much on their own, but Prey is such an amazing experience, I hesitate to ruin even a second of it for anyone

How blind do you like to go into games?

Are you the kind of person who replays games more then once if they're amazing?

1 - Blind, unless i somehow twig ahead of time about a "true" ending with requirements, then I'll check those out.

2 - No, I generally only play through a game once.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Grumbles posted:

Hello Prey fans I just got past the whole looking glass thing, which was cool, I've been sent to Psychotropics and now all the enemies have turned blue and are basically impossible to defeat without them killing me first. Am I missing something or is it one of those games? It's really harshing my Prey buzz.

I'm just finished with Psychotropics but you're missing the shotgun.

Go back to the Main Foyer, ground floor, in the south part of the ground floor there's a security station that you can either hack the door to get into, or take an alternate route through the vents to get into (I didn't find this so can't guide you, someone upthread mentioned the restrooms, but I didn't find anything there

Shotgun works on the big lads and it's functionally a requirement to get through Psychotropics.

OTOH If you can muddle your way through Psychotropics without it, there's another shotgun towards the end of that department, but I don't recommend that route as there's a boss fight before it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Acerbatus posted:

I always find campaigns where celebrities talk about being depressed kind of a downer. Is everyone always depressed??

I'm not sure people are capable of long term happiness.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Zil posted:

This seems appropriate to the thread

https://i.imgur.com/x5Scr8k.mp4

A good video

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yuji Naka's been washed up for a while
he made sonic, and sonic was great from 1-3, and from what I can tell he let its success get to his head
sonic's basically been trash when sonic team runs it, the only good sonic games of the last two decades were sonic and all stars racing transformed (not sonic team) and sonic mania (a literal crew of megadrive sonic rom hackers)
last year sega gave away sonic 1 on steam and he threw a temper tantrum about them devaluing his work

e: sonic generations was ok, and I haven't played colours which some people think is good

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm getting a little strung out on prey tbh,

I decided after getting to the arboretum to clear out the lift for easier access and go a boss fight instead, muddled through that, decided to explore the main area a bit, clear out some stuff there, but I'm at the point where supplies are low (specifically, the second one out of 4? most poo poo seems to use it, and it's needed for ammo a lot).

I fought my way through life support, and then the cargo bay and in the cargo bay I got jumped by two of the robot server dudes and a telepath. thinking of just going back to the arboretum

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hunt11 posted:

Castlevania is good except season 3 where it goes a bit too grim dark.

I dont necessarily think too dark, it was clearly meant to be "the centre cannot hold" the season, and that was fine for "Trevor and Syfa's no good, very very bad day" but I think the rest of the protagonists needed like... one or two more episodes to get to where they ended season 3 on, it just felt rushed.

Like, one more episode for alucard, and two for Carmilla / Hector / Isaac.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

yeah I bought a ps5 and have played gently caress all on it, there's nothing that interests me
demons souls yes, but not for $125 base price lol

im using my ps5 p much only for youtube

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'm still convinced that the PS5 doesn't actually exist and is some sort of fictitious future console dreamt up by a coked up team of marketing demons to keep interest in Sony stuff strong.

Source: the only people I have seen with one are those YouTube people and you know what they're like. :tinfoil:

It's got less games on launch than the ps3 did
think about that

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Grouchio posted:

What the poo poo.

It's listed for $60 on Amazon USA.

Where are you?

Aus yeah

we get absolutely loving shafted for games prices, and pretty much every publisher under the sun jacks up prices to ridiculous levels

excuse used to be the variance in the exchange rate, so it was particularly egregious a few years ago when the USD and AUD were 1:1 and the cost was just as high.

getting harder to justify the longer time goes on tho, $125 for a game just sits in my craw as too loving much

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I played and beat Demons souls
I played like an hour of dark souls 1
haven't played 2 or 3
Played a couple of hours of bloodbourne before getting bored of it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Barudak posted:

Grandia 2

Maybe 1000 arms if you stretch the definition of fun

Grandia 2 was a GOAT

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

Thinking of continuing on my SMT train with SMT4A. Just to double check, it's a fully distinct game from SMT4 that just shares an engine, right? Not an enhanced version?

Correct
There's no requirement to play SMT4 first, but it is very much a sequel in that many of the characters from 4 come into play in 4a.

Simultaneously tho, 4 is also a lot weaker in terms of gameplay than 4a.

Still enjoyable as a standalone product, and with an absolute banger of an end boss fight / soundtrack

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

SMT4A starting strong but I gotta remind my eyes how to look at a 3DS screen

Give Citra / emulation a crack, it seems pretty well ahead last time I used it for the 3ds and I don't remember 4a requiring any touchscreen specific gimmicks (which can be done via mouse at any rate)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

my first take is that the demons are too dang smart

if one of them hits one of my ice-weak party members with bufu, the rest of them will go "ah. I see. It's weak to ice." and then chain bufu it and completely own me

yeah the smt4a demons are p smart

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I get the impression I'm nearly done with Prey

Got to Alex's office, found his escape pod but not the keycard to use it, have deep storage and the crew quarters to go.

Killed "the Nightmare" which was... a lot easier than I expected it to be tbh, first time around it stomped me but this time it was maybe 10? shotgun shells total and I took exactly 100 hp of damage fighting it

Any recommendations of places to go? I started on crew quarters and I'm tazing a lot of people - am I supposed to do something to save them when they're unconscious?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did anyone try that ff origins demo yet

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Lmao

The power of CHAOS

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I finished Prey 2017

serious spoilers below

the whole thing being a simulation was pretty lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So actual prey 2017 thoughts and observations from after completing:

it's a good game! I had more fun than I thought I would with it, very clearly inspired by system shock 2, the ending makes a lot more sense when you consider what happens when you explore the bridge before you hit the endgame choices

Obviously the whole thing being a reconstruction of the actual morgan's memories in order to train a typhon with empathy, kinda sucks and is the videogame equivalent of "it was all a dream"

but there's enough hints here and there - specifically around the ending you get if you leave the station early, which I wildly misinterpreted to mean that Alex was under typhon control - that you're not experiencing what you think you are, especially considering the random typhon mind intrusions you get about being lied to.

Specifically though, exploring the bridge before end game, you find out that shortly prior to the typhon attack on Talos 1, every single ship going back to earth has a power surge lasting 8-10 minutes before correcting the course back to earth, on an altered trajectory, and they stop responding to hails - given this, the actual post credits sequence that the typhon made it to earth, follows very clearly from that point.

The trolley operator problem on the bridge, after finding out that a pod going back to earth likely has the typhon on it, hasn't landed yet, and has its self destruct primed with you given the choice to destroy it, or let it land, kinda falls flat given the above, especially considering it doesn't factor into the judgement you get about how empathic you were to others.

I do wonder what happens if you don't install any typhon mods, I was human entirely until the last five minutes when I bought a typhon mod just because I had shitloads of neuromods, only to be judge for having "numerous typhon mods"

Also wonder what happens if you go out of your way to murder every human you see and how that factors into the judgement at the end.

In conclusion, don't read the above if you haven't played it, but it's well worth a play if you can get it for cheap.

How good is Mooncrash...?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

didn't they announce saints row 2 remastered for free for people who owned it, whatever happened to it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

noooooooo

Idolninja ruled, this is a travesty

I'm guessing he doesn't post here anymore

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

P5 chat - can I import my p5 clear save into p5r?

Boba Pearl posted:

And since I did the Castlevania series, I'll do that one too:

Everything before 1997: Trash. I will not be grading them because they were not fun, and a few I didn't even bother to finish. I also think Lament of Innocence & Curse of Darkness were trash and did not finish either.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon:
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portait of Ruin
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Castlevania: Order of Eclesia

please clap

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Boba Pearl posted:

THere's another ONE?

I've never played Harmony of Despair.

And unless there are emulators for the 360 or PS3 I probably never will.

there are emulators for both, however it really is a multiplayer game first

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Boba Pearl posted:

I just want to be able to finish a game without looking up a guide, or taking a bunch of medication so I can focus on the research necessary to finish a game.

Look, not to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but if you're not able to finish a game without a guide, that's not an accessibility problem - guides exist that will tell you what to do and when to do it.

It sounds like you're asking for a game that's so easy that you can beat it by accident, and games like that do exist, but to say that every game should be that easy so that anyone could beat it? It sounds like you're asking for this in order to get a job at IGN

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

Look, not to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but if you're not able to finish a game without a guide, that's not an accessibility problem - guides exist that will tell you what to do and when to do it.

It sounds like you're asking for a game that's so easy that you can beat it by accident, and games like that do exist, but to say that every game should be that easy so that anyone could beat it? It sounds like you're asking for this in order to get a job at IGN

I tried not to sound like an rear end in a top hat, and I failed

Boba Pearl posted:

DId you seriously just compare being an IGN reviewer with having brain damage?

e: I'm insulted, I beat the Cuphead tutorial tyvm.

In jest only, it was one of those things where ~game reviewers~ usually only play games on the easiest setting and either complain about the lack of challenge, or that it's too hard.

and hey, you did better than me at cuphead, I hated that game. wonderful aesthetic, I just couldn't stand playing it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

There was an interview about FF12 where the devs explicitly talked about wanting to have online forums and GameFAQs be a major place where people would go to share what weird things they discovered, and through that lens a ton of the game design decisions make a lot more sense. Having a billion bosses that only spawn under very specific circumstances, sequence breaks, item unlocks that require you to talk to certain people 100 times, invisible chests with a percentage chance of appearing and then having a percentage chance of holding the best weapons in the game. I think this is definitely less uncommon than you might think.

did you ever read that one ff12 lp that presented the lp through the lens of a history class? that one ruled.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jay Rust posted:

I’m glad things got amicable

Unrelated P5 question:
Early on should I be focusing on social stats or personal connections? Or am I overthinking this

Depends on if you're trying to see every link in a playthrough or not.

but I'd say if you are, just follow a guide.

otherwise if you're going blind, do a mix, one day on, one day off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm also sorry for getting heated, I wasn't really trying to say what I needed to say and I shouldn't call things bad just because they don't cater to me.

sorry I was an rear end in a top hat, I was trying to make light of some poo poo and I shouldn't have