Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Simone Magus posted:

Isn't it weird how a bunch of posters I've never seen before just started posting in the past couple days and yet nobody is like "who are you", must be nice

Uhhh, well, SOME of us are in witness protection, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think I took a 10 year break from posting and yeah, forums are better than ever.

I probably need a new avatar though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Oh, pray that I were able to share my taste of volcanic reflux with the unmade! Alas! That they might take this succor and know truly that they will someday find deaths sweet embrace...

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Well in tattoo terms "new school" could mean anything from watercolor fairies to psychedelic toads with mech arms dancing a jig while a cartoonish boombox plays.

... perhaps not a good comparison.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I never would've thought that my favorite video games and candy bars would have so much in common but life makes fools of us all.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Some of you weren't the only bluegrass nerd in your school and it shows

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

I mean I don't know what I expected, but from that trailer it just looks like Dark Souls with a horse.

Maybe think of it as the world's first horse game that's a souls like.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Maybe Metroid Prime 4 will pull an Elden Ring :shobon:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Elden Ring looks like the kind of thing that could make me buy a new console but also I get my poo poo pushed in playing botw so maybe it's not for me. Never played a souls game.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Khanstant posted:

the thing about giant trees in fantasy is they fail to include giant mushrooms for when that tree dies. I want the World Mushroom to grow and spread its spores and ooze. Plenty of fantasy worlds have giant mushrooms, but usually don't really connect them to decaying world trees.

WoW had a World Tree or three blow up, no World Mushrooms after. Unless Teldrassil grew some, idk, haven't seen the place since we blew that poo poo up.

Nintendo hire this poster to fill out the Mushroom Kingdom's backstory

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

If Mario had a system where wherever you died, an angry Wario appeared and you could defeat him to get back your last powerup, it would be incredible.

Edit: I want a game where Wario fakes a psychology license and helps people with depression by playing pranks on them.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

These things happen

They used to be regular robots, and, well, time makes fools of us all! :fry:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Oregon Trail, you mean My Child's First Rail Shooter??

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

What game quotes live in your head rent free

I think "run run or you'll be well done" at least twice a week

Ach! Wrong side!

From "Ingmar's Skiing Game," some random mac shareware from the mid 90s. My dad and I say it all the time.

Edit: here if is https://youtu.be/xlkggVWgNOQ

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Turns out the real game was the nostalgia we feel after we've moved on.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

When my therapist finishes work I assume they go home, cook a very sophisticated meal, play a single game of chess then go to sleep at 8pm

I am married to a psychologist and upon getting home she gives me the trial of pain and then threatens me with her gom jabbar.

And then it's mainly chanting until bed.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

At least in America, access to a therapist, never mind a good one that is able to address your needs, is very difficult to get. I was in therapy for 3 years out of the last 5 years, and it took over a year just to find a single therapist that could see me. Between availability, and that therapists are picky about who they take on as clients, finding someone is really challenging and you kinda just have to accept what you can get.

I do think this is true, but also one of the few good things about the pandemic is that more and more places are doing telehealth. Not that it's the most optimal therapy, but your potential pool of practitioner grows from your immediate surroundings to anyone that has licensure in your state.

Unfortunately I do think that it takes time to actually see if the therapist is right for you - there's an initial evaluation usually with little to no actual therapy, and then it might take weeks to see if you vibe or not. Plus you might be on a waiting list anyway if the therapist is well known as being good. But these are also just people, and overloading them with patients isn't good for them or their other patients - it's just like any job.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I’d be horrified if I found out my therapist plays video games

They all play animal crossing op.

Except my wife. She only likes civilization.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

My therapist didnt like video games, but her husband was addicted to World of Warcraft, but like, you're a therapist how does your husband get addicted to an MMO?

It's generally considered Very Bad to try to therapize your partner.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I’m here for the latest tips & tricks to the hottest games

If you put your cart in the other way you can play as Bowser going left through the levels to beat Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I am however having an hearty lol imagining the Irish medical board having a meeting in re: my post history

"Sir I'll direct your attention to article 9, in which they expressed an explicit fondness for Final Fantasy 13. I think we'll all agree that is de facto grounds for dismissal"

The poster in question, henceforth known as OP, did in fact engage in shitposting regarding the twelfth episode of the third season of LOST, which I believe you will see here is explicitly disallowed in subsection 12 of the employee contract, given our obligations to the American Broadcast Company. Harrumph harrumph!