Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

haveblue posted:

gonna get returnal as soon as I get this ps5 and then die a lot

I'll be waiting for the €20 sale on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bowser's Inside Story plays in 60 frames on DS while it's cut in half for the 3DS remake.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The remakes have been in the pipeline for some time, and the Switch selling this well came as surprise (and it having a big knock-on effect on 3DS numbers).

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Three hours of Treehouse featuring Skyward Sword HD and Skyward Sword HD only.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Barudak posted:

I still think about that. "These are below Nintendo's standard for a paid product" and then they poo poo out that F2P game where you had to haggle with it to change the prices for the various add ons it was selling

It's two compatibility layers to have a 3DS act like a GBA, and from what I've seen on my ambassador unit there's no way of exiting gracefully out of it.

Because Nintendo would've loved selling you GBA games on it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I said come in! posted:

This is true. Nothing is as bad as their announcements of Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3. We got logo's and then so far there has been nothing on either. Maybe they legitimately felt those games were much closer to release at the time, but something happened in development after that fact. Prime 4 apparently was completely started over again a year or so after its announcement.

Prime 4 had several studios work on it at once and out of synch, leading to the work getting scrapped and handed back to Retro iirc.

Then the pandemic and welp.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Walla posted:

Okay, I'm on mobile and I have no skills with GIMP or Photoshop so here's my list:

Favorite Game of All Time: Shining Force 1 hands down
Favorite Series: Fire Emblem
Best Soundtrack: I don't listen to games
Favorite Protagonist: Terra from FFVI
Favorite Villain: Kefka
Best Story: Virtue's Last Reward
Have Not Played But Want To: Shining Force 3
You Love Everyone Hates: Fire Emblem Fates
You Hate Everyone Loves: FFXII
Best Art Style: Breath of the Wild
Favorite Ending: Shining Force 1
Favorite Boss Fight: Phantom Train
Childhood Game: Shining Force 1
Relaxing Game: Picross
Stressful Game: Any action game
Game You Always Come Back To: Picross
Guilty Pleasure: Max Payne
Tons of Hours Played: Fire Emblem Fates

SF2 on the same console is already so much better and has a Phoenix and Ninja Rat!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The "Switch V" (since they used U with the Wii)

You had Switch W right here and chose not to pick it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jay Rust posted:

VideoGames cannot hate, he can only not be fond of

Oh he absolutely hates things, just not explicitely bideo games.

*looks at British politics*

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Shining Force 3 has lots of steampunk elements and is not as terrible as the random level ups from SF1 (seriously, it’s weird seeing anyone out here praising it when the game is mostly busy punishing you with several statless levelups in a row).

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Walla posted:

I praise 1 for the world it builds. It's janky as gently caress, but it's also easy enough to beat it with nearly any combination of characters without grinding.

2 and CD improve on the gameplay in every way, but the implied setting takes a large step backwards and they suffer for it in my eyes.

3 still doesn't have a decent translation so I never dived into it.

It's in an acceptable state these days, just go and download it imo.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

oddium posted:

they call it palworld because it's giving me "50 hurts" !!

:discourse:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

sharrrk posted:

i still think ppl hate on the danganronpa anime way too hard lol. its not amazing by any means and i have my own problems with it but ppl act like it ruins the series when its just, fine with some silly plot beats. idk i jsut wanted More and as far as im concerned it delivered

It's cheap garbage with garbage ideas, so a standard game adaptation.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

Just wanted to say a big gently caress you to whichever dickhead was behind the decision to price PS5 games at $125 aud at retail.

Amazon is selling Ratch and Clank at $99, which is likely where I'll be going, but fuuuuck me this is some straight up price gouging horseshit.

$80 was fine you fucks :argh:

Wait for the games to go on sale imo, they're not worth it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Khanstant posted:

Wow... that seems crazy cheap. Owning an arcade cabinet is one of those dumb-notions I got in my head as a kid and haven't shaken yet. Never gonna do it until I only some place to put it, noty adding an arcade cabinet to my nearly-yearly rental moves (AFAIK I will die renting and never have the money at a time to start paying my rent towards my own home, o well). A blank arcade cabinet was still like 1,000 bucks minimum last I checked... and that version doesn't come with a monitor or the hardware to play games, just a cabinet wired up with some buttons and junk. 600 bucks for the whole package seems like a steal, wonder how hard it'd be to jam in an old PC + MAME.

It's a smaller cabinet, as are all 1UP products.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I will not stand for this Genesis Sonic erasure.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Geomancing posted:

I haven't been keeping up on news because it's depressing as hell - did Ubisoft do anything about their terrible workplace culture or the executives that sexually harassed employees? Or just shove it under the rug and dangled colorful jinglies in front of the kids to distract everyone?

As the Ubisoft credo goes: Action through inaction

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I said come in! posted:

If I bought Devil May Cry 5 for Xbox One back when it originally launched, can I upgrade that to the Series X version?

I don't think an upgrade path exists for that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Had a look at the Nioh Fantasy: Enimem edition, and it was entertaining, albeit a tad stiff. Looking forward to the final product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

Dark Souls itself is just a pale imitation of Severance: Blade of Darkness.

I will die with you on this hill (also make Severance purchasable again Mercury Steam dammit).